[Q] New TF700T owner, advice requested

Search This thread

Cabrill

Nov 5, 2010
Helsinki
I just purchased a used TF700T from Cowboom for my wife to use for web browsing, Facebook, Netflix and Kindle. Possibly a few games, but nothing extreme. I've done a bit of reading to make sure I didn't come across as a total newb, so I plan on installing the highly recommended CROMi-X OS (thanks, sdbags!) and using the _that's (and thanks to _that, too!) kernel. I read about the I/O problems and so I purchased a 16GB UHS1 card to help alleviate the bottleneck. I intend to create a 2GB FAT32 partition and 14GB EXT4 partition on the 16GB card so I can enable Data2SD, and then use the internal storage for multimedia storage.

My questions are:

1) Does anyone have any suggestions or dvice based on what I'm planning?
2) Is it advised I do the Rom2SD for better speed or is that only for people dual-booting?
3) Should I enable or disable fsync during the Aroma installer if I'm going to use Data2SD?

Thank you very much for any help or suggestions you can provide!:confused:

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
I just purchased a used TF700T from Cowboom for my wife to use for web browsing, Facebook, Netflix and Kindle. Possibly a few games, but nothing extreme. I've done a bit of reading to make sure I didn't come across as a total newb, so I plan on installing the highly recommended CROMi-X OS (thanks, sdbags!) and using the _that's (and thanks to _that, too!) kernel. I read about the I/O problems and so I purchased a 16GB UHS1 card to help alleviate the bottleneck. I intend to create a 2GB FAT32 partition and 14GB EXT4 partition on the 16GB card so I can enable Data2SD, and then use the internal storage for multimedia storage.

My questions are:

2) Is it advised I do the Rom2SD for better speed or is that only for people dual-booting?
3) Should I enable or disable fsync during the Aroma installer if I'm going to use Data2SD?

Do it ;)

Keep fsync enabled and for keeping it simple stick with data2sd although you may want a larger card as that 2GB partition is all she will see in most apps as her micro sd card storage.

Reactions: Cabrill

Cabrill

Nov 5, 2010
Helsinki
Do it ;)

Keep fsync enabled and for keeping it simple stick with data2sd although you may want a larger card as that 2GB partition is all she will see in most apps as her micro sd card storage.

Thank you! I must have misunderstood because I thought the 2GB was what Windows saw when you connect the tablet to a PC. I'm afraid I'm stuck with 16GB since I already placed the order, would it be better if I did 12GB/4GB, or 10GB/6GB or even 8GB/8GB? I was thinking the apps were going to use the larger of the two partitions since that's where Data is installed. Can they not also see the internal memory?

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
Thank you! I must have misunderstood because I thought the 2GB was what Windows saw when you connect the tablet to a PC. I'm afraid I'm stuck with 16GB since I already placed the order, would it be better if I did 12GB/4GB, or 10GB/6GB or even 8GB/8GB? I was thinking the apps were going to use the larger of the two partitions since that's where Data is installed. Can they not also see the internal memory?

Windows will see the first partition

With 16GB you don't actually get 16GB - you'll get more like 13GB

so I would do 6Gb and 7GB. But next time buy a bigger card or alternatively

stay with internal at first?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

My questions are:

Do it ;)