[THEME]STOCK-AOSP for ICS - UPDATED 6-25 *DS V3 & UP-MINOR UPDATES***

Search This thread

phoenix6

Jul 22, 2010
Texas
Alrighty...

EdgeX - Bad ass boot ani, probably gonna use that!

Everyone asking about the black on black problem... I don't know exactly what you mean, but if you are referring to the ICS Perfection ROM with some pop up windows, yes my theme "fixes" that, i say "fixes" simply because that should have never happened if it were 100% stock, but we all make errors, I still have many in this theme Im sure.

Knightsofwar210 - Thank you :) I am not sure what you mean by "darker" like some of the other ROMs. The point of this theme is to mimic STOCK ICS as closely as possible, because what Samsung did with integrating TouchWiz so heavily, took away the beauty of it.

bobbyphoenix - Glad everything is working out for you good now! So happy to hear!

Yaldak - That's Great news to hear, I'm excited to see the next release!

Everyone - I will update Racing19969's port later, busy busy day. I DO NOT recommend flashing the current upload until I fix it. You may, however, have great success with flashing the SuperLite port over Racing19969's ROM, it will probably work perfectly. NANDROID FIRST, report to me if it works or not! Thanks!!!

Last edited:

Locoman_

Jan 17, 2012
I'm running mhx's superlight 4.5. It was flawless until I flashed this theme. Now it freezes when I try to reboot/shutdown. The theme looks great though.

Any idea how I might fix this?

Last edited:

edgex

Jan 29, 2012
San Francisco
I'm running mhx's superlight 4.5. It was flawless until I flashed this theme. Now it freezes when I try to reboot/shutdown. The theme looks great though.

I've never had a problem with this causing any issues like that, I don't think that it can from what I understand that it edits. But personally go get 5.0/5.1 and instal over that, which is what this was made for.

phoenix6

Jul 22, 2010
Texas

The way I am doing the theme edits, shouldn't be breaking that, it's weird. Can anyone shed some light on how they are actually fixing the reboot/shutdown freeze bug? I just use QuickBoot from the market anyways, but I'd like to stomp it out of my theme if I did something wrong to revert a change that a dev has been making.

With that said, also as EdgeX said, if you don't flash the theme onto the EXACT ROM it was made for, you may experience issues.

lagunas11

Apr 1, 2011
fort worth
Doesn't work that way, these are per ROM not model of phone. If you're running SuperLite (thats a skyrocket variation of the ICS ROMs) then you pick the SuperLite5.0 download.

Which ROM are you using?

Zry i meant that which one is compatible for the skyrocket port sgh t989

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda premium

bryan195

May 7, 2011
does the theme work with Ravers blackened ics rc6 update?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using XDA

Last edited:

phoenix6

Jul 22, 2010
Texas
Zry i meant that which one is compatible for the skyrocket port sgh t989

The one made by Racing19969? It's the first link in the OP but I haven't updated it yet. The port for super lite may work, I'm not sure. If you try it make a nandroid first.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA App

Reactions: lagunas11

wali01x

Nov 13, 2010
Brampton, Ontario
Alrighty...

EdgeX - Bad ass boot ani, probably gonna use that!

Everyone asking about the black on black problem... I don't know exactly what you mean, but if you are referring to the ICS Perfection ROM with some pop up windows, yes my theme "fixes" that, i say "fixes" simply because that should have never happened if it were 100% stock, but we all make errors, I still have many in this theme Im sure.

Knightsofwar210 - Thank you :) I am not sure what you mean by "darker" like some of the other ROMs. The point of this theme is to mimic STOCK ICS as closely as possible, because what Samsung did with integrating TouchWiz so heavily, took away the beauty of it.

bobbyphoenix - Glad everything is working out for you good now! So happy to hear!

Yaldak - That's Great news to hear, I'm excited to see the next release!

Everyone - I will update Racing19969's port later, busy busy day. I DO NOT recommend flashing the current upload until I fix it. You may, however, have great success with flashing the SuperLite port over Racing19969's ROM, it will probably work perfectly. NANDROID FIRST, report to me if it works or not! Thanks!!!

wow good job im glad to hear you re-wrote the script to whiter the fonts on dark charcoal background..

lagunas11

Apr 1, 2011
fort worth
The one made by Racing19969? It's the first link in the OP but I haven't updated it yet. The port for super lite may work, I'm not sure. If you try it make a nandroid first.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA App

I flashed super lite lik u told me and yes it works!!!! it didnt give me any issues!! Thanks bro

expl0it4

Oct 29, 2011
Lockport, IL
Fyi for those running ics perfection the racing theme works but breaks the 15 toggles you just have the standard toggles after flashing. But it fixes the hard to read dark text so I'm happy.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

phoenix6

Jul 22, 2010
Texas
Fyi for those running ics perfection the racing theme works but breaks the 15 toggles you just have the standard toggles after flashing. But it fixes the hard to read dark text so I'm happy.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

Pretty sure people can flash the Superlite version instead and keep the toggles, in fact, it seems like SuperLite works over anything almost, lol makes my job easier.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Oxt3N.jpg

I don't get a lot of time to work on this, so sorry if I don't update fast.

READ! READ! READ!

hM9pl.jpg

I always make a Nandroid first!
    NON-TOUCH CWM HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

0. Boot into CWM Recovery
    1. Flash the theme zip
    2. Flash TDJ's Darkside Cache Wipe (This wipes the caches and fixes permissions)
    [LINK]
    3. Reboot

!!JUST FYI!!
    THIS IS NOW TRULY AOSP, MEANING SEVERAL OF YOU HAVE TAKEN IT UPON YOURSELVES, USING YOUR OWN FREE TIME AND SKILLS TO HELP KEEP THIS UPDATED, ALIVE AND KICKING, THANK ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK, DEDICATION AND SUPPORT OF WHAT I STARTED AND WHAT WE DO

Ja7Z9.jpg
    FOR: DARKSIDE EVOLUTION 3 UVLE1 UNIVERSALS - THANKS FOREVERLOCO!! (T989) BASED ROM - R2

AOSP LOCKSCREEN VERSIONS:

DOWNLOAD

CIRCLE 1% BATT MOD VERSION - DOWNLOAD

STOCK 1% BATT MOD VERSION - DOWNLOAD

STOCK LOCKSCREEN VERSIONS

DOWNLOAD

FOR: DARKSIDE EVOLUTION 2 UCLE2 BETA 4 (T989) BASED ROM - R5
    THIS MAY WORK ON SOME OF THE SKYROCKET ROMS

DOWNLOAD - MIRROR 1

CIRCLE 1% BATT MOD VERSION - DOWNLOAD - MIRROR 1

STOCK 1% BATT MOD VERSION - DOWNLOAD - MIRROR 1
    UNIVERSAL ZIP FOR UCLE2

IF YOU FLASH THIS BE WARNED OF TWO THINGS FIRST!
    --USE NON-TOUCH CWM RECOVERY ONLY!--
    --YOU CANNOT FLASH ANTHING ELSE OVER THIS, IT WILL BREAK STUFF!--
    --FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK! NANDROID FIRST, YOU'VE BEEN WARNED--

--FOREVERLOCO MADE THIS FOR YOU ALL ON HIS OWN SPARE TIME, THANK HIM FOR THESE--
    --WHAT ARE THEY? UNIVERSAL FLASHABLE ZIPS FOR ANY UCLE2 ROM - AOSP LOCKSCREEN INCLUDED--
    --THESE ONLY FLASH OUR PNGs, AND XML EDITS INTO EXISTING APKS AND LEAVE THE REST ALONE--
    --IE. ANYTHING SPECIAL YOUR ROM HAS, STAYS :)--

DOWNLOAD

FOR: DARKSIDE EVOLUTION 2 UVLC8 BETA 3 (T989) BASED ROM - R7

DOWNLOAD - MIRROR 1

CIRCLE 1% BATT MOD VERSION - DOWNLOAD - MIRROR 1

STOCK 1% BATT MOD VERSION - DOWNLOAD - MIRROR 1
    FOR: ANY UCLD2 BASED ROM ( I HOPE :) ) - R4

DOWNLOAD

BATTERY MOD 1% VERSION!! DOWNLOAD

SHOULD WORK ON ANY ICS UCLD2 BASED ROM, ALWAYS NANDROID FIRST!

0IP2M.jpg
    Code:
    [CENTER]
    [B]AOSP LOCKSCREENS FOR UCLE2 & UVLC8[/B]

[URL="http://d-h.st/dmD"]UCLE2 AOSP LOCKSCREEN[/URL]

[URL="http://d-h.st/DD1"]UVLC8 AOSP LOCKSCREEN[/URL]

[B]AOSP MMS APK[/B] - [URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?9p2b28mza6z385b"]DOWNLOAD[/URL]

TW-MMS (UVLE1 BASE) ICS THEMED by FOREVERLOCO - [URL="http://sourceforge.net/projects/aospdarksideevo/files/Dark-Mms.zip/download"]DOWNLOAD[/URL]

NEW THEMED APKS THAT ARE OK WITH UNIVERSAL ZIPS! THANKS FOREVERLOCO :)

[URL="http://sourceforge.net/projects/aospdarksideevo/files/AOSP_APK%20_Patch2.zip/download"]AOSP PATCH[/URL]

The apps the aosp patch have are:

Calculator
    Calendar
    Camera
    Desktop clock
    Gmail
    Mms
    Music2
    Talk

If you prefer to use the normal white calendar instead of the inverted one here you go
    [url]https://dl.dropbox.com/u/45642067/Themes/ICS/aosp%20apks/AOSP-Calendar.zip[/url]

[/CENTER]

867wY.jpg

Code:
    [CENTER]
    [B]5-19-12 - change 2[/B]
    UPDATED UCLE2 PORT (NAMED R5)
    REPLACED Framework-res with TDJs so everything is proper
    This removes AOSP Lockscreen for now, Im sorry guys.

[B]5-19-12[/B]
    UPDATED UCLE2 PORT (NAMED R4)
    -FIXED Progress Bars (THANKS Wrectchedlocket!)
    -Added Toggles! (Thanks TDJ for the base, see his thread!)
    I think we did more... I forgot... 

[B]5-17-12[/B]
    ADDED UCLE2 PORT (NAMED R1)
    Ill fill more in later... enjoy

[B]5-12-12[/B]
    ADDED EVO 2 BETA 3 PORT (NAMED R7)

[B]5-11-12[/B]
    UPDATED UVLC8 PORT TO R6
    -Corrected down selection png (Phoenix6)
    -New update-script (I got a little carried away :) )
     *ONLY DISPLAYS PROPERLY ON NON-TOUCH CWM RECOVERY!*
    -Phone.apk was themed properly (foreverloco)
    -Clock is themed (foreverloco)
    -TWCalander is themed (foreverloco)
    -More tiny things here and there
    -Added AOSP_Patch.zip to extras (AOSP APPS) (Thanks manekineko)

UCLD2 IS STILL R4, It doesn't really need any updates from here
    [/CENTER]

Enjoy everyone! Feel free to MIRROR THIS.

1TKdd.jpg

- Thank you foreverloco for stepping up and helping me take care of things much faster. Major PNG edits, porting, helping, ect. All around a huge part of why this is still going.

- Thank You Wrectchedlocket for Mirrors to some downloads, MAJOR XML Edit help and PNG/Porting/Editing Assistance, also All around a huge part of why this is still going.

- Thank you to Racing19969 and ALL of the Devs hard at work for us on this!

- Thank you EdgeX for all the help and bringing people here if they didn't already know about it, you've
    been a great contributor!

- Thank you theHOTNESS for sending me the smali edits to remove the AM/PM from the status bar clock

- Thank you Sarni84 for helping me test some of my creations and for being a great helping hand to this
    community!

- Thank you to RomRacer for your 14 Toggle Mod and bringing it to ICS intially!

- Thanks to seanzscreams's SkyIcs ROM. Using it I was able to make the aosp lockscreen possible! (if he asks me to remove it I'll have to figure it out another way)
    *This was originally implemented by Team Perfection of whom I am also asking permission. Big thanks to them for making it work in the first place for all of us!

- Thank you TDJ For an AWESOME release of the ICS ROM, really smoothed things out!

-Thank You foreverloco for MAJOR help in porting over from UCLD2 to UVLC8 and now UCLE2! BIG HELP

-Thank You Kr3g3r for your awesome quickpanel toggle icons! Much more ICS!!

I'd like to add this: A thank you to wali01x & Vertumus, users of this forum. I am

apprently using some of their work and I was not aware of this, so apologies and credit to them for their

work is needed. Sorry if either of you became offended due to non credit.

Code:
    [B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]NOTICE: [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"]
    I want to CLARIFY how I created this theme for you all, so there is no confusion or people thinking I 

have deliberately used their work as my own without giving credit to anyone...

The ICS Leaks from AT&T that we are using to make ROMs now for our T989 & Skyrocket, already had almost 

ALL of the STOCK ICS pngs inside the framework-res, SystemUI, twframework-res,contacts (minus the dialer 

buttons I used from Qaz's ICS theme which he gave me permission for LONG TIME ago) and settings ( I 

themed the PNGs blue myself in this one)

In the framework-res, I changed any png tagged with TW_ first in the name, to its stock counterpart that 

was ALREADY IN the drawable-hdpi folder. Then I changed any xml in layout, colors or drawable folders, 

that started with tw_ so that the items they called on were the STOCK PNG files, again, already IN the 

drawable-hdpi folder. 

For the status bar icons, quickpanel icons, dialer icons, settings icons, you guessed it, I colored them 

blue. I use Adobe Fireworks for this, it's quick, its efficient. 

The dialer, I used the buttons from the juggs ICS theme we have, which QasimZia originally made, and gave 

me permission to do. For the background of the dialer, I used an edited version from stock ICS which 

wasn't already in the contacts.apk

The bottom line is, I never will use your items or your work, knowing they are yours originally, without 

asking you and/or giving you credit. This "NOTICE" is not meant to start up a fire, simply to let you 

know I am an honest person and would never steal, lie or cheat on here, we don't need that as a community 

and I hope it is understood. Thank you for taking the time to read this.[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]
    Ok got most of DARKSIDE UCLE2 port done and sent the files to phoenix so he can add the final touches. Had to do some image renaming for the toggles and contacts to get everything themed right so it took me a bit longer than I thought, but hopefully everything will be ready soon.
    Ok here are the universal zips for the new darkside evo 3 UVLE1. I have to redo the tw mms so I'll be posting that tomorrow, remember do not flash any mods over these as it will cause things to go haywire. They also don't have the aosp lock screen yet sorry about that. Enjoy

Stock batt
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/aospdarksideevo/files/Universal-AOSP.zip/download

Stock 1% batt mod
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/aospdarksideevo/files/Universal-AOSP-Stock-Batt-Mod.zip/download

Circle 1% batt mod
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/aospdarksideevo/files/Universal-AOSP-Circle-Batt-Mod.zip/download

Don't forget to make a back up before flashing just in case and running the cache script after flashing
    TDJ made a new v of darkside based off of the new tmo ICS

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1623430

jw if the current universal theme would work or if an update is needed

Yea just saw it. Downloading now and working on a universal for it to test so if everything goes right I might get the update done tonight or if not hopefully tomorrow.
    OK Guys Updated the OP!

A few things to know...

Tmo's base and AT&T's base are a little different, there are a few tiny glitches I have to patch since Tmo's calls different PNGs than AT&T's. Example, the tabs at the top (Dialer, settings areas, etc) Dont line up 100% perfect due to Tmo using differnt PNGs, I will fix this sometime this week. I am stupid slammed at work right now and barely got this done for you but I wanted to get it done for all of you.

In the coming days or so, I will be adding and editing an ADD ONs section (AOSP MMS, AOSP LOCKSCREEN, etc) For you guys. Thank you SO much for any help and or patience, it is greatly appreciated!