[Q] Stock Recovery Problem

Search This thread

miskos12

May 26, 2014
Hello,

First, i install a cwm for galaxy s advance here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1987313 and i did everything according to what the developer instruct us to do, like pressing vol up+ power button + home button for stock recovery and apply update from sd card and find the update.zip(which is the cwm). While installing it stops and says that:
E:failed to verify the whole-file signature
E:signature verification failed
install_package = (2)

i'm not sure what's problem: is it my phone, or the cwm file itself. My galaxy s advance android version is 2.3.6(gingerbread).

Is there someone who can help me?

Regards,

TPD-21

Feb 6, 2014
Southern Borneo Island
Hello,

First, i install a cwm for galaxy s advance here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1987313 and i did everything according to what the developer instruct us to do, like pressing vol up+ power button + home button for stock recovery and apply update from sd card and find the update.zip(which is the cwm). While installing it stops and says that:
install_package = (2)

i'm not sure what's problem: is it my phone, or the cwm file itself. My galaxy s advance android version is 2.3.6(gingerbread).

Regards,

OMG ... You did not read carefully you buddy. That you install the CWM for the stock ROM JB (4.1.2) or [Recovery] CWM 6.0.2.8 [JB Compatible]. :crying: Not for OS Gingerbread. If you want to do you have to do the firmware update first to stock ROM Jelly Bean (4.1.2) via Odin.

Reactions: No-Lags

miskos12

May 26, 2014
OMG ... You did not read carefully you buddy. That you install the CWM for the stock ROM JB (4.1.2) or [Recovery] CWM 6.0.2.8 [JB Compatible]. :crying: Not for OS Gingerbread. If you want to do you have to do the firmware update first to stock ROM Jelly Bean (4.1.2) via Odin.

Hello there,

First, I thank you for your prompt response.I see, so it was my mistake after all for not reading it . Btw, do you have any idea where to find a cwm compatible for Gingerbread?

Regards,

smeth_90

Feb 16, 2014
malaysia
quvyte3e.jpg
update u os to jb and install rom manager..choose cwm u want to use....

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

TPD-21

Feb 6, 2014
Southern Borneo Island
Hello there,

First, I thank you for your prompt response.I see, so it was my mistake after all for not reading it . Btw, do you have any idea where to find a cwm compatible for Gingerbread?

Regards,

No, you can not flash CWM from GB. Because CWM can only be flashed with JB. So you need to update the system prior to JB.

Or read how to guide here how to do a system update from GB to JB.
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=36393465&postcount=1

Last edited:

miskos12

May 26, 2014
Such a Pity

quvyte3e.jpg
update u os to jb and install rom manager..choose cwm u want to use....

Hello There,

First, thanks for your reply. Well i've already did what you had suggested still it doesn't work. My phone needs to be rooted for me to use Rom Manager and i also tried to find a compatible CWM for my phone through ROM Manager and there's none.

Regards,

miskos12

May 26, 2014
Just asking

No, you can not flash CWM from GB. Because CWM can only be flashed with JB. So you need to update the system prior to JB.

Or read how to guide here how to do a system update from GB to JB.
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=36393465&postcount=1

Hello There,

Ah i see, btw you said it yourself that i can't flash CWM when i'm using GB Android version, why does my friend's galaxy pocket can flash CWM even if her phone is GB? I know this is a Galaxy s-advance thread, i'm just asking? I hope you can give me a definite answer.

Regards.

smeth_90

Feb 16, 2014
malaysia
Hello There,

First, thanks for your reply. Well i've already did what you had suggested still it doesn't work. My phone needs to be rooted for me to use Rom Manager and i also tried to find a compatible CWM for my phone through ROM Manager and there's none.

Regards,

hmm..bro u want to update u os to jelly bean yeah..??urmm u need to install stock jb n rooted u device..after that u can install rom manager with cwm recovery..after that u can install cocore kernal..with this kernal ur phone can over clocking ur device to 1.25ghz...my phone already done for all this...good luck..try to search in forum....hehehe

TPD-21

Feb 6, 2014
Southern Borneo Island
Hello There,

Ah i see, btw you said it yourself that i can't flash CWM when i'm using GB Android version, why does my friend's galaxy pocket can flash CWM even if her phone is GB? I know this is a Galaxy s-advance thread, i'm just asking? I hope you can give me a definite answer.

Regards.

Hm .. Well.

first:
Why do I have to recommend you to install CWM to go through the stock ROM JB (4.1.2)?!. Coz SPECIAL S ADVANCE DEVICE that using OS GB till now still haven't found a thread is in this forum, and in other forums outside of this forum. And this is in accordance with the suggestions from those users advanced level, up from the creator of the application. If you still contains hard, want to install CWM in GB, are welcome, but I would not recommend it, of course, do at your own risk. ;)

second:
If you look at the friends that you can install CWM, confirmed the developer has given his support to the device in order to install CWM via OS GB. I hope it's understandable. :)

For more details information, please consult the the advanced level users such as:

1. Senior @shut_down
2. Senior @R_a_z_v_a_n

;)

Last edited:
Reactions: No-Lags

shut_down

Sep 26, 2010
Belgrade
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
Hello There,

Regards.

Simply, we do not have CWM made for GB, we have TWRP. We have recovery embedded in same partition as kernel, so if we want permanent CWM we MUST flash kernel with CWM. - Is it more clear now?

Some phones has separate partition for recovery, so they can install it that way. And our phone is not compatible with ROM manager, Mobile Odin and all similar stuff.

Do not compare other phones options, because it is differed.

Most important thing is - what do you want to do? If you asked that in first place, we would cut to the chase and save you a lot time. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: TPD-21

shut_down

Sep 26, 2010
Belgrade
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
I guess you have to guide him to do the installation Stock ROM JB, Senior. :)

Maybe he do not want Stock JB ROM.

BTW to save time:

Download JB firmware from sammobile.com or samsung-updates.com, DOWNLOAD IT FOR YOUR PHONE MODEL - IF YOU HAVE I9070 THEN I9070, IF YOU HAVE I9070P THEN I9070P FIRMWARE - OTHERWISE YOU WILL HARDBRICK YOUR PHONE.

When you downloaded it unpack it if it is zipped, if it is in tar.md5 then you can use it without unpacking.

Guide for using Odin (with Odin link) is here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1985398 zip of it is password protected, you do have password on that page.

After that do factory reset if you get in a bootloop.

For CWM, download CoCore with CWM from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2140597
Unzip it, transfer kernel.bin.md5 to phone, install Universal kernel flasher and some root explorer like ES file explorer. Install kernel.bin.md5 from Universal kernel flasher reboot, and you have CWM on JB.

That is if you want JB and CWM on it. For GB - we do not have permanent CWM, only TWRP.

Reactions: TPD-21

TPD-21

Feb 6, 2014
Southern Borneo Island

BTW to save time:

Download JB firmware from sammobile.com or samsung-updates.com, DOWNLOAD IT FOR YOUR PHONE MODEL - IF YOU HAVE I9070 THEN I9070, IF YOU HAVE I9070P THEN I9070P FIRMWARE - OTHERWISE YOU WILL HARDBRICK YOUR PHONE.

When you downloaded it unpack it if it is zipped, if it is in tar.md5 then you can use it without unpacking.

Guide for using Odin (with Odin link) is here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1985398 zip of it is password protected, you do have password on that page.

For CWM, download CoCore with CWM from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2140597
Unzip it, transfer kernel.bin.md5 to phone, install Universal kernel flasher and some root explorer like ES file explorer. Install kernel.bin.md5 from Universal kernel flasher reboot, and you have CWM on JB.

That is if you want JB and CWM on it. For GB - we do not have permanent CWM, only TWRP.

Well, Senior. Perhaps this is also a valuable lesson for me. Thank you for the explanation of the long-width. I'll mark this post as a precaution for the "the First Aid" in the future. :) Thanks in advance. :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

install_package = (2)

Regards,

Hello There,

Regards.

Hm .. Well.

first:
    Why do I have to recommend you to install CWM to go through the stock ROM JB (4.1.2)?!. Coz SPECIAL S ADVANCE DEVICE that using OS GB till now still haven't found a thread is in this forum, and in other forums outside of this forum. And this is in accordance with the suggestions from those users advanced level, up from the creator of the application. If you still contains hard, want to install CWM in GB, are welcome, but I would not recommend it, of course, do at your own risk. ;)

second:
    If you look at the friends that you can install CWM, confirmed the developer has given his support to the device in order to install CWM via OS GB. I hope it's understandable. :)

For more details information, please consult the the advanced level users such as:

1. Senior @shut_down
    2. Senior @R_a_z_v_a_n

;)
    Hello There,

Regards.

Simply, we do not have CWM made for GB, we have TWRP. We have recovery embedded in same partition as kernel, so if we want permanent CWM we MUST flash kernel with CWM. - Is it more clear now?

Some phones has separate partition for recovery, so they can install it that way. And our phone is not compatible with ROM manager, Mobile Odin and all similar stuff.

Do not compare other phones options, because it is differed.

Most important thing is - what do you want to do? If you asked that in first place, we would cut to the chase and save you a lot time. :)
    I guess you have to guide him to do the installation Stock ROM JB, Senior. :)

BTW to save time: