Nexus won't turn on - tried everything

Search This thread

Lior84

Aug 2, 2010
Hi,
Me N5 just died. Tried everything that suggested in the forum.
still, no reaction.
the only thing that happens is when I connect it to my PC, the PC starts to search for appropriate driver called qhsusb_bulk.
From what I read, my solution is to send it for RMA.

I'm living in Ukraine. How can I got it repair ? Have it half a year barely.

bitdomo

Nov 3, 2011
Göd
Hi,
Me N5 just died. Tried everything that suggested in the forum.
still, no reaction.
the only thing that happens is when I connect it to my PC, the PC starts to search for appropriate driver called qhsusb_bulk.
From what I read, my solution is to send it for RMA.

I'm living in Ukraine. How can I got it repair ? Have it half a year barely.
hi!

Press the power buttom at least for 30 secs, then press and hold volume_up, volume_down and power buttoms, if your phone does not turn on your only chance is the rma.

Where you bought your phone, and from what store? Normally GSM stores sells LG phones with 1 year warranty (store warranty not the LG warranty). If you bought it from stores like mediamarkt then you can go to any lg service centre showing them your receipt with the imei number on it then LG repairs it for free

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én Nexus 5-el

Lior84

Aug 2, 2010
hi!

Press the power buttom at least for 30 secs, then press and hold volume_up, volume_down and power buttoms, if your phone does not turn on your only chance is the rma.

Where you bought your phone, and from what store? Normally GSM stores sells LG phones with 1 year warranty (store warranty not the LG warranty). If you bought it from stores like mediamarkt then you can go to any lg service centre showing them your receipt with the imei number on it then LG repairs it for free

I ordered and bought it directly from google play store in December. I family member that was back then in USA, received it and sent it to me to Ukraine.

bitdomo

Nov 3, 2011
Göd
I ordered and bought it directly from google play store in December. I family member that was back then in USA, received it and sent it to me to Ukraine.
:(

Then to only way to ask rma is to return it back to the usa and ask your friend to rma it. your other option is to visit an LG service centre and they will repair it for a huge amount of money (probably half of the original price of the device), because the motherboard have to be replaced.

you can try one more thing.

press power buttom for 30 secs, then plug the phone to the charger and leave it there for 30 mins, then try to turn it on as usual

---------------------

I might be wrong but there is a chance that they wont repair your device even if you take to lg, because your device is the d820 variant and it is only sold in the usa, while in europe and asia the d821 variant sold.

Last edited:

Lior84

Aug 2, 2010
can somebody explain me how to ask for replacement ?
My friend in USA not familiar with all these procedures so, I'm asking you guys to point to a guide how to do it right (like if I'm doing it from USA).
I'm really disappointed because the phone is like new and never fall and always was in spigen cover. This is frustrating to get this problem in half year old phone that made in Korea. I have an old HTC desire from 2010 that still works great.