[SSPL & USPL] Flash any ROM to your Pharos

Search This thread

vipulmisra16

Oct 13, 2009
delhi
rooney your steps are bingo, well when you get the grey background just run RUU.exe file from your pc with pharos synced ofcourse and then just follow the instructions on the pc, basically select all boxes it asks in each step and then both wm and pc start the process, pc says that it is gonna take around 10 min but it took in my case around 30 sec for 100% process. then phone restrts and in shows SPL 1.11Mobiz instead of 1.11.0001,it means first stage of mission over.
no need of removing memory or sim card
well try to get as much of it any memory card and of course there are tonnes of backup softwares floating around in net , i used my backup.
refer the page "http://gizmodo.com/5281397/how-to-install-windows-mobile-65-right-now" for complete but very brief walkthrough of remaining two stages. good luck

varandas79

May 31, 2009
Unplug your Pharos before run JumpSL, and connect it after getting the gray screen

Unplug your Pharos before run JumpSL, and connect it after getting the gray screen

... ecco che ne arriva un'altro che non riesce a farla funzionare.:mad::rolleyes:

Ok .. I've applied the process in pass 1-2-3 to obtain grey background screen .. ok ...

... but when i start ROMUpdateUtility.exe by pc to install HardSPL program ... ok ... screen whith 3 colors .. ok ... grey screen 0% ... to 100 % then ...

:mad: error [270] UPDATE ERROR

The image file is corrupted.Please check your update utility.

My spl version is 1.11.0001

ok ... now i'm tired ... I'll try tomorrow morning .. good night.;)

poolfish

Jan 6, 2010
San Diego
I still cannot refresh my ROM

Is this related with my SPL version 1.13.0000?

I saw your post saying the original SPL is 1.11.0001. How can I write into my ROM. Please help!!!

poolfish

Jan 6, 2010
San Diego
I did get grey screen

I did everything this post said and did get grey screen with some vertical stripes and used hardPSL. It showed three color screen with ONBL 1.13.0000 SPL 1.13.0000. After that PC gave me error code 270 and saying:
"The image file is corrupted. Please check your Update Utility."

At the same time, pharos just restarted by itself and can still work.

Please help! Million thanks!

vibes71

Feb 6, 2009
Works great after a few tries ! Tricky buttoncombination though....the right timing was essential ...
Thanx for the upload.

nickogreek

Sep 22, 2009
Guys OK...dont bug your selfs and just FOLOOW THE TIPS...there is no way not to do it. I know cause i was not able to do it... I have pharos with European /greek rom and have finally updated to 6.5. AMAZING...

here are the tips and how i went about it. I will not say anything diffrent but just one point. I got the 260 message the 270 the 100 sorry A..hole try again and the works. So here goes.

so the whole process with the soft spl. change the o to 1 ecc...but when its time to press both buttons (camera and off) and tap the program on the screen...I just pressed the camera, tabed the program and immediatelly pressed off...that did it...and i have tried more than 10 times the combination...it worked all of them. i got so used to it that i am now changing roms just for the fun of it...LOL...rom addict.

now with 6.5 i am trying to get my original programs like tom tom back to the mobile...

Hey what about that wifi thing...the hardware must be there. OMAP850 has the module...who will unlock the airwaves???? i am buying beers to the winner...:D

NewJack

Aug 20, 2007
Guys OK...dont bug your selfs and just FOLOOW THE TIPS...there is no way not to do it. I know cause i was not able to do it... I have pharos with European /greek rom and have finally updated to 6.5. AMAZING...

here are the tips and how i went about it. I will not say anything diffrent but just one point. I got the 260 message the 270 the 100 sorry A..hole try again and the works. So here goes.

so the whole process with the soft spl. change the o to 1 ecc...but when its time to press both buttons (camera and off) and tap the program on the screen...I just pressed the camera, tabed the program and immediatelly pressed off...that did it...and i have tried more than 10 times the combination...it worked all of them. i got so used to it that i am now changing roms just for the fun of it...LOL...rom addict.

now with 6.5 i am trying to get my original programs like tom tom back to the mobile...

Hey what about that wifi thing...the hardware must be there. OMAP850 has the module...who will unlock the airwaves???? i am buying beers to the winner...:D

This is the way !

That pharos hardspl gave me a hardtime, but once I have reached your post, I did it from first strike :)

Thanks
Jack

RawLive

Apr 16, 2010
nb file

Hi there,

I have tryed for several times to start jump spl but when i activate jumpspl.exe, change the 0 to 1 ect... it does not show the nb file.
Can someone help me with this?

tnx

probleme solved!!

Last edited:

fisher_price

May 20, 2007
Northampton
Error 270: cant run Hardspl

Hi,

I seem to be struggling to get the Pharos_HardSPL 1.11 to load, or any other image. I can run the Pharos_JumpSPL with no problem at all. To do this I set button 3 to <none>, copied the softspl files to the memory card. Run the programme, set the jump address to 0x10000000 then pressed and held button <3> and the power button until it said 'do you want to turn the power off' then tapped the *.nb file, it re-started with a grayish screen, after 30 secs or activesync reconnected. I then unplugged the USB and reconnected again waiting for Activesync to connect. I then ran the hardspl rom update, it displays the progress bar 1% then jumps to 100% and comes up with error 270 corrupt image file. It displays this error regardless of the rom image I use. I have re-downloaded all the files. I was originally using my Windows 7 PC but I have also tried using my XP pro laptop which is a virgin clean machine. I use it for uploading firmware to TV's etc... so there are no unnecesary programes running, no anti-virus etc... I have read all links refering to this issue and followed the instructions to the letter (at least 20 times) but still no joy :(

If any body has any other advice, it would be very much appreciated :)

alfajef

Dec 22, 2008
Run jump spl.exe..
Use 0x10000000 as jump address
when open file comes out
press first cam then power then select the pharos_jump spl.nb

youll get gray screen
dont remove usb

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a SSPL for use with esteve & pof's JumpSPL along with the HardSPL. It enables you to flash any ROM to your Pharos.

If you wanted to permanently unlock your device, the HardSPL was also available.

JumpSPL & HardSPL Instructions:
    1. Transfer the extracted files (JumpSPL.exe & Pharos_JumpSPL.nb) to your device and execute.
    2. Use 0x10000000 as Jump Address.
    3. After getting the Open File Dialog, press [Camera] & [Power] like you are going to enter Boot Loader, then tab on the Pharos_JumpSPL.nb file (Pharos_JumpSPL.nb).

You will get the grey background screen, you can flash any ROM to your device at this point.

In some case, you may need to unplug and then plug the USB cable again.
    4. If you wanted to permanently unlock your device, why not, simply flash it with the HardSPL once and you are done.

After HardSPL, you will notice your SPL version change when boot;

From SPL 1.11.0001
      To SPL 1.11Mobiz

Recommended:
    • To make it easier, I recommend changing Button 3 (Camera) to <None> or the Camera may disturb you.

Download: Pharos_JumpSPL Rapid Share (165KB)
    Download: Pharos_HardSPL 1.11 Rapid Share (672KB)

Thank you to esteve & pof for the JumpSPL.
    Thank you to Mr. Ru Chonburi who create the Pharos_JumpSPL.nb.

I am just the tester and author of this article, all work was done by Mr. Ru Chonburi of PDA Mobiz (http://www.pdamobiz.com).

Enjoy flashing ...