Several 3D apps for viewing 3D images are available

Search This thread

HDD_x8

Dec 28, 2010
There are at least 2 different freeware viewers available, for 3D photos taken with the Optimus 3D, or other stereoscopic images that you may want to view on the 3D screen.

Good to have options to the built-in viewer, which I am guessing is weak on supporting other stereo 3D formats.

akbuttercup

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
There are at least 2 different freeware viewers available, for 3D photos taken with the Optimus 3D, or other stereoscopic images that you may want to view on the 3D screen.

Good to have options to the built-in viewer, which I am guessing is weak on supporting other stereo 3D formats.

seems like even the "A*o*e" suit do not support the video or photo!!!

HDD_x8

Dec 28, 2010
It's all there, there is a workflow description here:

www.a*o*e.com/ie/products/creativesuite/production/stereoscopic-3d.html

Workflow overview

1. Shoot stereo footage, install A*o*e Premiere Pro and Cineform Neo3D

2. Rename assets in A*o*e Bridge for left eye and right eye

3. Use Cineform First Light to convert and multiplex each shot

4. Sync, converge, and adjust muxed assets in First Light

5. Import stereo muxed assets into A*o*e Premiere Pro

6. Edit and add 3D effects and titles in A*o*e Premiere Pro

7. Export stereo 3D assets from A*o*e Media Encoder

mmace

Feb 11, 2009
Leeds
seems like even the "A*o*e" suit do not support the video or photo!!!
see below

It's all there, there is a workflow description here...
this workflow is for 2 separate video streams, this isn't a problem with footage from the phone so ignore that "workflow"

the video from the LG is a single MP4 file that looks like splitscreen. There is information in the MP4 header to say it is 3D (according to LG and the same with HTC and their phone). Adobe Premier will edit this without a problem, where you will run into problems is wipes, titles etc. (simple crossfades and straight cuts will be fine)
Another problem (right now) will be outputting the file, we don't yet know exactly what codec (and version) to use and how to format it (MP4 3D header?) so it plays in 3D back on the phone, though I expect this to come out pretty quick after the launch of the phone.

As for photos, I can edit them OK in Photoshop, though I have to rename to .jpg first and you need a good understanding of stereoscopic 3D to ensure you edit both "photos" correctly.

akbuttercup

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
THanks for the tip, I will take a look the video lecture to see if it really help.

Because I am using a panasonic cam which produce SBS video and the Fujifim W3(avi) and the SH-12C(3gp) to create video, Editing and effect seems to be complicated with the PP5.5.

Because the SH-12 can only play mp4. it is getting complicate to just convert to the correct format.

I think one way will to to upload it to YT3d and download is back for viewing

People in A*o*e seems to like to work with the big camera with 2X 1080p stream other tha half-SBS or interlace video.

As for the MPO files can you open the 2 layers by just renaming them?