Galaxy Note new India update 8.27MB (old India Update 72.29MB)

Search This thread

moonstar_paddy

Feb 16, 2007
Singapore
Could someone please tell me which is the latest modem (radio ) and kernel for latest Indian stock rom..I am currently on Darkys 3.3 but not.happy.with signal strength. Will updating kernel and modem.affect the phone due to compatibility issues with Darkys Rom??

Coolkriss

Jan 4, 2012
Hyderabad
Guys. Can U you tell me how to pre cache my route in google maps. Don't want the 3G charges on my 550 km drive.
Please let me know at the earliest

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
brut maps is quite old, Afaik there is not recent version. But brut n ownhere have make new version have no restsriction to use in any country.
I have also started thread abt this too http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1429126
In ownhere as well stock map have this facility of pre cache in built
In setting - Lab - precache (select it)
Now you can pre cache map are by long pressing a point, it will pop up msg, N select pre cache. Now it will pre cache 10 sq mile area arround it.
this way you can save data.
@coolkriss
Already answered your PM too.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all
    Today my phone showed an update of 72.29MB

After installation i observed the foll changes:
    1. Hindi keyboard available
    2. One hand operation mode available
    3. 5 rows intead of 4 in keyboard. New symbols also added.
    4. New unlock screen
    5. Torch widget added with 3 different light modes

Pls share of you notice any more new changes.

I am from New Delhi India

Updates
    6. The stock music player (finally) sorts according to the track number in albums view (abirsharda)
    7. Even better battery life
    8. LA5 now supports multitasking between stock camera app and stock music
    player. Earlier on KL3, music used to stop if you turned on the camera while listening to music.

NEW UPDATE 8.27MB 3-march-2012
    1. Browser is better and polished.
    2. The Gallery loads faster and images view is faster.
    3. Huge battery improvement.
    4. Added Google messenger.
    5. Added Google plus.
    6. Lower right corner is much more responsive.
    7. Everything working much faster lagless now.
    8. More Detailed battery usage.
    9. Bigger lock icon.
    more changes i've noticed :
    1.Stock music playes now has a nice feature which is 'AUTO OFF', its in the settings.
    2.The stock music player (finally) sorts according to the track number in albums view.
    more changes i've noticed :
    1.Stock music playes now has a nice feature which is 'AUTO OFF', its in the settings.
    2.The stock music player (finally) sorts according to the track number in albums view.
    mate, point 1 was present already. IDK if it was after KL3 or even b4 that.

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

How do I get the one-hand keyboard setting?

Setting --> language and Keyboard -->check One hand Operation box
    Type "A" "N" and the keys on the upper left of the keyboard change to "maatras"
    On that, press the key marked with the arrow in the image. That would give you the "half" "N". After you type the "Y" and "A", it will become Anya, the way you want.

You can manually get the "maatra" keys by pressing the upper left most key on the keyboard, the "O-|" thing.

Apurva how you getting half letter in Ashoka e.g. suppose you have to type 'Anya' in hindi? how to make N half?
    If you are Rooted n want to Keep Root Intact, Dont update with OTA, it will erase Root.