[ROM]Debellare[EC09]

Search This thread

mrjake1970

Dec 31, 2010
Cleveland
There are a few things wrong with everything you did unfortunatly. This rom only flashes the system recovery and kernel. I had it the same way with MIUNIA. I did this so if you came from another rom you wouldn't loose your files.

The next issue is you said you went from miunia to ec07(which is fine) then you went to this.. There lies the issue. I recommend downloading and installing the full ec09 system image located at this link. That is a complete ec09 system image provided by abby nitewolf. It will reset everything and put everything in it's correct place.
Once you flash that, i would reflash this overtop and it should resolve any and all of your issues, assuming you did it correct.

downloading now and going to give it a shot this weekend. thanks patty.. ill let you know how it goes after i throw this process on

let me bother you for one more moment. i am using the cyan cwm on her phone to flash this stuff (in addition to odin). should i be using that one or the other one posted..or maybe something different. i keep seeing that both versions are posted for use?

so process would be unzip the ec09, odin the file and all good? no need to use the atlas pit file?

ive had zero issues with my fascinate, and am a flash-a-holic with that, and have had no major issues. this dang gone continuum is kicking my ass tho.. as i said, ive even gone back to the posted "stock" and it refuses to fully erase everything. that first flash i tried on her phone a year ago, it bricked it hard..it took me days - and a help from one of this sites super-dev gods to even let me get out of a recovery boot loop.

Txwolf1980

Aug 13, 2011
Huntsville Tx
If anyone willing to help when attempting to flash this ROM with heimdall I screwed up my phone, attempted to flash back to a stock ROM with no luck. Only thing I can get into is bootloader & recovery, lost root & CWM recovery. Any guidance would be appreciated. Good thing have back up phone as was daily driver.

Grab the ec09 full package from abby's post, and the pit file. Flash that in odin. we made it with boot loaders,

Sent from my SCH-I400 using Tapatalk 2

Weudel

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 18, 2010
Verizon offered me any 4G phone I wanted for free (not sure why)... so, I grabbed a Galaxy Nexus...

KJW979

Jun 18, 2010
Buffalo, NY area
I'm currently running this rom and really liking it. Am wondering if anyone knows which, if any display brightness apps work good. Display using 70-80% of battery. Used AdjBrightness and not sure if was app but when screen went of lock screen would turn black and only way to unlock was reboot, stopped happening since uninstalled.

Sent from my SCH-I400 using XDA

Txwolf1980

Aug 13, 2011
Huntsville Tx
I'm currently running this rom and really liking it. Am wondering if anyone knows which, if any display brightness apps work good. Display using 70-80% of battery. Used AdjBrightness and not sure if was app but when screen went of lock screen would turn black and only way to unlock was reboot, stopped happening since uninstalled.

Why not just shift it in settings/display?

DJMaj07

Dec 25, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S8+
I have, tries auto brightness and just leaving setting at minimum. Doesn't seem to matter, doesn't really seem to decrease brightness all that much.

I know exactly what you mean. Check out the app "Screen Filter". It's very powerful in reducing the screen brightness beyond what Android sets as the minimum.

KJW979

Jun 18, 2010
Buffalo, NY area
Dl'd Screen Filter, does make screen darker but wonder it actually adjusts brightness of screen which would help battery savings or if just puts a film over screen to appear darker. Time will tell.

Weudel

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 18, 2010
Off topic, but I'll bite. Who did you yell at, and about what?

Well, I rode them pretty hard about the lack of updates for the Eris...
I incited riots over the Continuum...
Just got an Xperia Play in November...
Not sure why I got that offer...

Coincidentally, Sony announced that all updates for the Play would be done online and not OTA (which probably means not at all for the VZW model), but I'm sure that had nothing to do with the software glitch that brought me this offer ;D...

Okay, okay, back on topic, geesh...

myeweb

Dec 15, 2009
Hey I tried flashing to Debellare and honestly it looks nothing like the screenshots...maybe im just a super noob but how do i go about making it look like that? I'm on EC09 with Baseband EC09.

Txwolf1980

Aug 13, 2011
Huntsville Tx
Hey I tried flashing to Debellare and honestly it looks nothing like the screenshots...maybe im just a super noob but how do i go about making it look like that? I'm on EC09 with Baseband EC09.

What is different? The only things that are supposed to be the same are the ticker and the status bar. If you didn't wipe data, then your wallpaper will still be the same as pre flash, and (most likely) your launcher wouldn't change to whatever this rom uses, either. The launcher would be installed, but you'd have to clear defaults in touch whiz (or whatever you were using, before the flash), to bring up the option to use it.
screen shots would help too (press and hold back, then, press and hold power, without releasing back, until you hear the shutter sounds )

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Debellare
    EC09

ScreenShot-2.png
    ScreenShot.png

20120329091604.png
    ScreenShot-1.png

20120329090319.png

ODIN File Courtesy of our own TXWolf
    Temporarily MIA

Heimdall Files
    zImage
    zImage alternate link

recovery.bin
    recovery.bin alternate link

factoryfs.rfs

For HEIMDALL, ODIN and documentation on how to use them, as well as all other documents please visit the Continuum Database

Code:
    I have created a basic deodexed and debloated release. It 
    is in my other thread, however i will provide the links here as 
    well. I will keep this live through the whole process due to it's 
    simplicity and it being completely stock internally.

[COLOR="SandyBrown"]The following has been Deodexed, Debinged, Debloated, and 
    all the other Junk removed.[/COLOR]
    These Must be installed over top of another EC09 Build. Included in the packages are 
    the System(factoryfs.rfs), Recovery(recovery.bin) and the kernel(zImage).
    [COLOR="Red"]Flash at your own risk.[/COLOR]
    Odin Image File: [URL="http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49820692/ec09debinged.tar.md5"]here[/URL] (untested, someone please inform if this works)
    Heimdall Image File:[URL="http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49820692/ec09%20debloated/EC09Debinged.tar.gz"]here[/URL]

Independent Files:
    [URL="http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49820692/ec09%20debloated/factoryfs.rfs"]factoryfs.rfs[/URL]

[URL="http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49820692/ec09%20debloated/zImage"]zImage[/URL]
    [URL="http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49820692/ec09%20debloated/recovery.bin"]
    recovery.bin[/URL]
    Can someone make an odin file? It's honestly the only thing I feel comfortable working with.

FILE REMOVED. IT IS CORRUPT AND BOOT LOOPING. WILL RELOAD TONIGHT.

There is the link to ODIN file. Grab it while it's still available (thank you Dropbox). I'll be uploading an alternate tomorrow, since I'm sure this one will get tanked, at some point.
    Sorry if this is a tad off topic (but not really) .. ive posted several times asking for help and such with the wife's continuum. i borked it pretty badly about a year ago trying to flash the first ROM's that came out for this. i still cant flash anything fully. i have her "stable" now on this ROM, but things still dont work right.. and i my humble guess is because the CWM port is either missing something or writing something wrong.

for some reason, flashes only seem to "take" sometimes. ive odin'd back to the pure stock and it NEVER erases all the data, and properly resets it. i still cant fully format the system or boot, and when i went from MIUINA to EC07 and to this, it still "held over" files and data even tho i manually tried to erase everything in CWM.

no disrespect intended for the devs who gave us the recovery for this. however i think something is borked in the recovery that flashes something to a wrong partition, or deletes something that is required on this phone.

and believe me, i know the recovery was long in coming, and kanged and ported to the best of the devs ability.. but i really think it has to do with the recovery/flash process - not the roms themselves.

is there a way to get a new CWM ported now that there are a few new solid 5.0 releases for other sammy devices? maybe that can help?

There are a few things wrong with everything you did unfortunatly. This rom only flashes the system recovery and kernel. I had it the same way with MIUNIA. I did this so if you came from another rom you wouldn't loose your files.

The next issue is you said you went from miunia to ec07(which is fine) then you went to this.. There lies the issue. I recommend downloading and installing the full ec09 system image located at this link. That is a complete ec09 system image provided by abby nitewolf. It will reset everything and put everything in it's correct place.
    Once you flash that, i would reflash this overtop and it should resolve any and all of your issues, assuming you did it correct.
    try the toggle widget and mess with it with that.. i'll take a look and see if i can edit something to change the brightness.
    Has anyone had any luck booting with this file? It's the one I'm trying to use, since the links to factoryfs in the OP are shot. I can't get past boot with it. 3 separate downloads, and 4 flashes. Both in Heimdall and Odin. Until I can get a file that will work with my phone (not sure why this one isn't. If it's the file, or just my phone), I can't make a good odin.

I will upload again if want, possibly bad upload?

Edit:here is another link, hope works? http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7988008/factoryfs.rfs