Qi power bank...does it exist?

Search This thread

minjiet

Jan 14, 2010
is there any Qi wireless power bank?

due to the capasity of dna's battery...i need to bring alot a powerbank....but keep on flipping the usb cover seems to be risky to snap the cover.

is there any Qi wireless power bank in the market? so i can charge the phone when two items are put back to back.

SolusCado

rossvtaylor

Dec 9, 2008
I don't think it's exactly what you mean, as from your post I picture (in my feeble mind..) a battery pack with a built-in QI charger coil. But, just to experiment and test something, I plugged my Nexus 4 wireless charger cable into my portable battery pack and it works just fine. The Nexus 4 charger may not be ideal for a car, since it doesn't lay flat, but I think the flat charger they sell at Verizon (an LG?) has a micro USB connector as well. If so, it may very well work with any of the battery packs which have a USB charging output.

Keep us posted on what you find.

minjiet

Jan 14, 2010
Forgive me if i totally misunderstood you but are you talking about a wireless charger you can buy from verizon or ebay, amazon?+
https://play.google.com/store/devic...ess_Charger?id=nexus_4_wireless_charger&hl=en

Or are you saying something portable that does not have to plug into the wall?

i meant portable where i can carry it around.

I believe the OP is referring to something portable. A "power bank" being a battery...

ya, a battery sort of stuff....

Break it off, it will come off eventually anyway. :cool:

it gonna spoiltvthe beauty of it

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda premium

Mikehoran6

Apr 1, 2013
Break off the cover... Mine snapped in half in two weeks and just took the rest of it off... It does look very sleek with it on but if you have a case on it and your plugging it in every night... Just take it off

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

drumz0rz

Mar 22, 2011
Ew, I can't believe you guys are actually telling people to break their phones. I'm sorry your covers snapped off, clearly you're all very bitter about it. But let us, whose phones haven't broken and still look sexy, try and enjoy that fact.

I think the OP is looking for something like the mophie with built in Qi charging. I don't think anything exists that does that. I supposed you could hack something together so that a Qi pad connects to the power pack's USB port. It wouldn't be pretty but it'd work. The efficiency of the process though would be pretty painful (charging the pack = loss, wireless charging = loss, heat = loss).

minjiet

Jan 14, 2010
Ew, I can't believe you guys are actually telling people to break their phones. I'm sorry your covers snapped off, clearly you're all very bitter about it. But let us, whose phones haven't broken and still look sexy, try and enjoy that fact.

I think the OP is looking for something like the mophie with built in Qi charging. I don't think anything exists that does that. I supposed you could hack something together so that a Qi pad connects to the power pack's USB port. It wouldn't be pretty but it'd work. The efficiency of the process though would be pretty painful (charging the pack = loss, wireless charging = loss, heat = loss).

is there any qi charger with usb port? so far i only owns a fatboy nokia qi charger...

for outing, i need to use powerbank and flip the usb port flap...i do hope mine wont spoilt so far...

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda premium

Top Liked Posts