Tasker - Galaxy S4 Edition

Search This thread

PipoXtreme

Nov 4, 2010
Zürich
Is here somebody which can look on my xml files where here is the problem about my tasks.. They doesn`t work !

Will be great guys ! What I need you can find here..

here... and here here

zazazi

May 23, 2013
Seems like you have too many profiles trying to control the Wi-fi switch and they are stepping on each other. The exit task for that procedure is executing when you are not expecting it, most likely in the time frame between the wifi turning on and it connecting to your wifi network. That exit procedure will kick in as soon as the wifi is turned on and before it has time to make the actual connection.

What you really need I think is to just use an exit procedure to the original task that tests for the GSM tower. When near that tower, turn on wifi and turn off bluetooth. Exit procedure reverses it. The problem is, that profile has a time restriction on it. Seems unnecessary, and will cause the bluetooth to flip on and wifi to flip off at night, since all three conditions are not met.

As an editorial note, I have found that WiFi doesn't really use a lot of juice. I never turn mine off. I use the connection to my home wifi (both by SSID and MAC address) to determine if I am home or not. The cell tower actually covers too wide a range.

Thanks very much for your advice....I can now see the conflict and overlap between profiles.

itesla

Mar 16, 2006
Tasker forgets my changes :( So I made some changes yesterday to update my %MYMODE variable, tested it and was working as desired. Today I noticed it wasn't working as expected so I looked at the task and the changes I made yesterday are gone (back to task from 2 days ago). I have noticed this happens frequently for me when I make changes. Eventually the changes stick but I don't understand why it keeps losing changes I make. I have searched for a fix previously without much luck. Anyone else have this problem, how to fix????

dante2000

Jan 25, 2008
Ok. This can be solved when I just switch my phone profile (with BT Activation) to car when I walk to my car or maybe this can be solved with an other project in tasker, which will turn on just for 10 sec. every 5 minutes my Bluetooth with a time-plan during the week from 6 am to 8 am and 4 pm - 8 pm
Have you thought of using an NFC tag? Or you could switch on your BT at 6 and if not connected by 8.10 switch it off.

You could also use your Home Wifi as a guide. If between 6.00 and 8.10 WiFi disconnected, switch on bluetooth.

yurividal

May 3, 2008
London
My Tasker is not able to read incoming SMS... i have set it to print the content of %SMSRB as a toast (flash) when an incomming message is received. But it doesnt even detect that an sms was received. And %SMSRB is always blank... anybody can help??

Just to test, i have done the following:
New Profile -> event -> Phone Received Text -> any ... and associated it with:
New Task -> Alert -> Flash -> "SMS Received"

It does not work... any ideas why???

Last edited:

HITMAN-CREED

Aug 5, 2013
● Urmia ●
I want to delete telegram image folder directory
because when i use telegram, photos automatically download to that directory and it makes my phone has less free space.
So i want to make a profile, to delete it once a day.
But when i set a profile to delete that directory it says directory is not empty and it doesnt delete the files,

in advance, i want to delete non-empty directory using Tasker,
Can anyone help?

Last edited:

MXKM

Sep 27, 2012
www.gezdimgezdim.com
Thank you.
I guess that this would work :
1. + -> State -> Display -> Display State -> Set to Off
2. New task : Name it 3G-Off -> + -> Mobile Data -> Set to Off
3. Add Exit task -> Name it 3G-On -> + -> Mobile Data -> Set to On
If this didn't worked then you should maybe try this :
Profile is working.

totbl

Oct 1, 2014
How do I get WiFi to connect to saved networks automatically with screen off? I've tried everything. Only connects as soon as I turn the screen on.

karate104

Nov 5, 2011
Despite being old, it seemed like this was an appropriate thread to ask this in, rather than starting a new one.

I'm using a SGH-I337 (AT&T-branded S4) on 5.0.1 Lollipop. Can I use Tasker to change a single setting within the stock messaging app? Specifically, I want it to toggle vibrate off under notification settings, when a specific bluetooth device (my brand new semi-smartwatch) is connected; this way, the phone still gets the notification and sounds off when I get a text, but it doesn't vibrate (my watch will do that instead).

I just started using Tasker today btw so I'm a complete noob at this stuff.

mollymorny

Jul 15, 2014
i can't find shake on my galaxy s4, where is???

I've recently discovered Tasker** and i really loved it so i though that i'd better creat a thread so other people could do the same and by the same way this is an S4 Special Edition so we can share our profiles to optimise our phones.

*For thoese who doesn't know it : Tasker is an app that let you automate your phone and it's a very powerful tool.
**For further informations check this guide : [TUT] The Ultimate Noob/Beginners Guide to Tasker
*** Download Here : Tasker (3,98$) or ... ;)

#############
Please share your profiles according to this form :
- Profile name : Profile description
How-To:
-Steps ..
-------------------
And if you have a request please don't be shy and post it, we will help each other :highfive:
#############
" * " Mean : press the back button

So here we go with my profiles :

- Screen brightness :I want that my screen brightness is at it's highest when i'm outside and at it's lowest when i'm home.

How-To :
0. Disable Auto-Brightness
1. Creat a new "State" (+)
2a. Select "Sensor"
2b. Select "Light level"
2c. FROM xx TO xx (here it depends on you NOTE : FROM value must be less the TO )
2d. Personally : From 90 to 100 *
3. It will propose you to creat a new task : Name it Outdoor light and click on the check icon
4a. Add a new action (+) -> Display -> Display Brightness -> Go Max (255) and let the "Immediate Effect" Checked *
4b. Now go back the profiles menu and keep holding on "Outdoor light" so you can add an exit task
5. Add an exit task : Name it Indoor Light and click on the check icon
6. + -> Display -> Display Brightness -> 45 (Here put the value that fit you)
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

- Wifi-Auto On : I want that my phone connect to my WIFI automaticly when i get home.
How-To :
1. + -> State -> Phone -> Cell Near
2. Click on Scan and start walking around your house (Just walk don't run :p) and when you finish click on Stop *
3. New Task -> Name it : Wifi On -> + -> Net -> WiFi -> Set "On" *
4. Add Exit Task -> Name it : Wifi Off -> + -> Net -> WiFi -> Set "Off" * -> so when you're now longer wifi will be disabled
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Extra :
Moto X Camera : If you want to have that cool Moto X Camera Gesture
(It work with every camera app so maybe you want to try it with Focal, 4.3 Camera .. Have tested only stock 4.2.2 Camera)
How-To :
0.Download the Moto X Camera from here : X Camera(!Optional!)
1. + -> Event -> Sensor -> Shake -> Left-Right
2. Task -> Plug in -> Secure Settings -> Wake Device -> Screen & Keyboard Lights On
3. Task -> App -> Camera
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've recently discovered Tasker** and i really loved it so i though that i'd better creat a thread so other people could do the same and by the same way this is an S4 Special Edition so we can share our profiles to optimise our phones.

*For thoese who doesn't know it : Tasker is an app that let you automate your phone and it's a very powerful tool.
    **For further informations check this guide : [TUT] The Ultimate Noob/Beginners Guide to Tasker
    *** Download Here : Tasker (3,98$) or ... ;)

#############
    Please share your profiles according to this form :
    - Profile name : Profile description
    How-To:
    -Steps ..
    -------------------
    And if you have a request please don't be shy and post it, we will help each other :highfive:
    #############
    " * " Mean : press the back button

So here we go with my profiles :

- Screen brightness :I want that my screen brightness is at it's highest when i'm outside and at it's lowest when i'm home.

How-To :
    0. Disable Auto-Brightness
    1. Creat a new "State" (+)
    2a. Select "Sensor"
    2b. Select "Light level"
    2c. FROM xx TO xx (here it depends on you NOTE : FROM value must be less the TO )
    2d. Personally : From 90 to 100 *
    3. It will propose you to creat a new task : Name it Outdoor light and click on the check icon
    4a. Add a new action (+) -> Display -> Display Brightness -> Go Max (255) and let the "Immediate Effect" Checked *
    4b. Now go back the profiles menu and keep holding on "Outdoor light" so you can add an exit task
    5. Add an exit task : Name it Indoor Light and click on the check icon
    6. + -> Display -> Display Brightness -> 45 (Here put the value that fit you)
    ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

- Wifi-Auto On : I want that my phone connect to my WIFI automaticly when i get home.
    How-To :
    1. + -> State -> Phone -> Cell Near
    2. Click on Scan and start walking around your house (Just walk don't run :p) and when you finish click on Stop *
    3. New Task -> Name it : Wifi On -> + -> Net -> WiFi -> Set "On" *
    4. Add Exit Task -> Name it : Wifi Off -> + -> Net -> WiFi -> Set "Off" * -> so when you're now longer wifi will be disabled
    //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    Extra :
    Moto X Camera : If you want to have that cool Moto X Camera Gesture
    (It work with every camera app so maybe you want to try it with Focal, 4.3 Camera .. Have tested only stock 4.2.2 Camera)
    How-To :
    0.Download the Moto X Camera from here : X Camera(!Optional!)
    1. + -> Event -> Sensor -> Shake -> Left-Right
    2. Task -> Plug in -> Secure Settings -> Wake Device -> Screen & Keyboard Lights On
    3. Task -> App -> Camera
    /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    Tasker isn't only about turning wifi on and off...

It's about automating your phone... I agree that just leaving wifi, bluetooth etc on wouldn't eat up that much battery.

But muting sound when entering work, start up car app when in car, turn down brightness at night, auto Block calls from Mother in Law and so on and so on.

Thats where the power of this app is. It's only your creativity that sets the limits...

And yes... It's made for lazy People... But so was the wheel...

Sent from my Slimbean GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4
    Is there a way to make 3g turn of when the screen is off and on when the screen is on again?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda premium
    I guess that this would work :
    1. + -> State -> Display -> Display State -> Set to Off
    2. New task : Name it 3G-Off -> + -> Mobile Data -> Set to Off
    3. Add Exit task -> Name it 3G-On -> + -> Mobile Data -> Set to On
    If this didn't worked then you should maybe try this :
    Profile 1: Display off
    How-To
    Event -> Display -> Display off
    Tasks
    Variable -> Variable Set
    Name: LCD%
    To: 0
    Tasker -> IF% ~ 1 PSAFE
    Net -> Car Rental
    Set: Off
    Net -> Mobile Data
    Set: Off
    +++++++++++++++
    Profile 2: On Display
    How-To
    1. Event -> Display -> Screen unlocked
    #Tasks : name it what ever you want :
    Variable -> Variable Set
    Name: LCD%
    To 1
    Tasker -> IF% ~ 1 PSAFE
    Net -> Mobile Data
    Set: On
    Net -> Car Rental
    Set: On
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Please, for everyone next time if you have a request quote me (so i can have an instant notification every time someone post a request).
    Can you upload the project for the first one on brighten

If I actually did help, how bout a Thanks for 'ol times sake

Here you go, it have another profile for 3G/Wifi Enabling but i'm too lazy to delete it :p

Is there a way to make 3g turn of when the screen is off and on when the screen is on again?
    I Thnik that you will also like thoese one ;)
    I mean something like the touchwiz blocking mode for notification or like iOS. When there is a new notification/call/SMS no sound is played and the screen stays off.

The problem with the touchwiz toggle is that it only works with call and SMS so I'd like to replicate a complete behavior with tasker

Try :
    + -> state -> display -> display state -> Set on Off
    Add a new task :
    + -> Audio -> Slient Mode -> set on On

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app