Galaxy Gear Bricked, Odin always Fail

Search This thread

CarbonWyre

Feb 16, 2011
Phoenix
I've been trying to Flash V700XXUAMK7_V700OXAAMK7_HOME.tar.md5 (BTU) to my Galaxy gear, it got bricked and now I'm sitting in the "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select Recover mode in Kies & try again."

Well Kies isn't connecting to it and Odin results in a Fail no matter what I try. I've tried it on Odin 3.09, 3.07, 3.04. I've tried resetting but can't get to the download boot or any of that. I've tried different roms, I've tried Kies, and I can't find a way out.

Any help?

CarbonWyre

Feb 16, 2011
Phoenix
If it helps this is the Odin Log

<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> V700XXUAMK7_V700OXAAMK7_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/003> boot.img
<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/003> recovery.img
<ID:0/003>
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

I redownloaded and re unzipped, same thing happened. Odin just crashed after clicking start

Has anyone gotten a solution here? I can't get Odin/Kies/Fastboot to bring this back to life. I was trying to flash Tizen and got here instead.

And minutes later Odin makes me a liar and flashes an stock android img onto the little bugger and I am back in business, thanks anyway!!

Last edited:

fireishott

Apr 8, 2009
Same thing happened to me.. you will have to do one of two things. . Search for the tizen downgrade. Sorry don't have link handy. .. or flash the original tizen update not the newest nf1 then flash the nf1 after successful flash... the problem is you flashed the newest nf1 before having the tizen bootloader. .. and right now you are trying to flash android on a jacked up tizen bootloader. .. give me a min to search for you and I will post links

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 01:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 AM ----------

Tizen downgrade. ...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2776157

Oh yeah don't forget thanks

---------- Post added at 01:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 AM ----------

Flash this first... then flash NF1 ... and I hope it goes with out saying flash in oden

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2767465

tyranek202

Apr 13, 2013
Very Thanks !

Thanks you !
Flash this version of Tizen is only way to back to Tizen after downgrade from Tizen to Android ( i know it isn't very clever ;) )
I try flash many tizen firmwares but, ONLY this working.
Kies Updates doesn't work, only ODIN.

trisha3010

May 17, 2014
Think I've Bricked My Gear

So have encountered the same problems as above. Was trying to restore my gear back to original setting via odin but got the message - Firmware Upgrade Encountered A Problem - Now can't get it back into recovery mode or anything odin won't recognise it either so can't even try any of the solutions given.

Any ideas how to get it into recovery or download mode...please

shayind4

Mar 24, 2008
London
So have encountered the same problems as above. Was trying to restore my gear back to original setting via odin but got the message - Firmware Upgrade Encountered A Problem - Now can't get it back into recovery mode or anything odin won't recognise it either so can't even try any of the solutions given.

No need to get back to recovery or download mode. Use odin and follow instructions by @fireishott above. I have just restored my gear from the 'Firmware Upgrade Encountered a problem' screen. It should be recognised by odin 3.09. You can try another computer, and also press the power button as if you are rebooting the gear. The screen will go off then you get the 'firmware....' screen again. Ensure you have latest samsung drivers.

Good luck.

Reactions: fireishott

chobochobo

Dec 5, 2012

I used Odin3.07 and 4.2.2 stock ROM to flash first - I used PHONE option because the others didn't work (no progress in the message window). This 'faulty' flash came up with a 'UI stopped working error' when the Gear rebooted but I was able to get it into download mode now. I then used Odin 3.09 and the flashed the 4.2.2 as a PIT which worked fine!

Got there after reading through a lot of XDA threads and trying many things. But in the end, the answers were here. Thanks.

PS how I got into the mess (the firmware error message with the yellow triangle)? I was on null 23 and wanted to go back to stock rom so that I could sell the Gear. Couldn't get into download mode for Odin 3.09; I can't exactly remember what I did but I disconnected the gear midway through a seemingly failed flash and it got me to the error. Googling says use Kies but nope, it wouldn't recognise the gear even for the 'emergency firmware'. I tried a lot of things, and wasted a lot of time!

trisha3010

May 17, 2014
Big Thanks

I used Odin3.07 and 4.2.2 stock ROM to flash first - I used PHONE option because the others didn't work (no progress in the message window). This 'faulty' flash came up with a 'UI stopped working error' when the Gear rebooted but I was able to get it into download mode now. I then used Odin 3.09 and the flashed the 4.2.2 as a PIT which worked fine!

Got there after reading through a lot of XDA threads and trying many things. But in the end, the answers were here. Thanks.

PS how I got into the mess (the firmware error message with the yellow triangle)? I was on null 23 and wanted to go back to stock rom so that I could sell the Gear. Couldn't get into download mode for Odin 3.09; I can't exactly remember what I did but I disconnected the gear midway through a seemingly failed flash and it got me to the error. Googling says use Kies but nope, it wouldn't recognise the gear even for the 'emergency firmware'. I tried a lot of things, and wasted a lot of time!

Hi Everyone HUGE thanks managed to follow instructions and gear is back up and working. Just wanted to check I only flashed the tizen downgrade (ie-image 1) and this automatically rebooted the galaxy back to original settings without having to reflash the NF1 is this ok or should i flash this anyway. Many thanks again for the replies as everyone here was telling me it was beyond repair.:):)

trisha3010

May 17, 2014
Further Problems

Hi Everyone HUGE thanks managed to follow instructions and gear is back up and working. Just wanted to check I only flashed the tizen downgrade (ie-image 1) and this automatically rebooted the galaxy back to original settings without having to reflash the NF1 is this ok or should i flash this anyway. Many thanks again for the replies as everyone here was telling me it was beyond repair.:):)

Hi everyone can't believe this but hit the reset button in the settings app and the gear has now rebooted and stuck on the Samsung screen with nothing working - odin not recognising it and even when i try to reboot in recovery mode it just keeps reverting back to same Samsung screen ... any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

delimari

Oct 12, 2006
solved for me

No need to get back to recovery or download mode. Use odin and follow instructions by @fireishott above. I have just restored my gear from the 'Firmware Upgrade Encountered a problem' screen. It should be recognised by odin 3.09. You can try another computer, and also press the power button as if you are rebooting the gear. The screen will go off then you get the 'firmware....' screen again. Ensure you have latest samsung drivers.

Good luck.
solved for me.the problem was that i didnt press the POWER button.

Rexie

Jul 21, 2011
I had same issue after getting stuck on zimage during flashing of Tizen over Null rom. I simple flashed null rom thru odin as a phone rom and it booted back into null rom. Gear is back up and fuctioning.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Same thing happened to me.. you will have to do one of two things. . Search for the tizen downgrade. Sorry don't have link handy. .. or flash the original tizen update not the newest nf1 then flash the nf1 after successful flash... the problem is you flashed the newest nf1 before having the tizen bootloader. .. and right now you are trying to flash android on a jacked up tizen bootloader. .. give me a min to search for you and I will post links

---------- Post added at 01:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 AM ----------

Tizen downgrade. ...

---------- Post added at 01:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 AM ----------

Flash this first... then flash NF1 ... and I hope it goes with out saying flash in oden

Tizen downgrade. ...

Thread Necromancer here... but after two failed flashes and going back to BNC1 (that's what my gear had) ROM in emergency triangle mode.. now its flashing normally! ... and booted in Tizen!
    Now I'm flashing the last update and the bar is moving nicely!
    IDK why my gear manager told me I was updated and I was still stuck on BCN1 4.2.2 ROM.

Thanks!

Good luck.
    D
    Deleted member 3309670
    press and hold power for at least 10sec to force reboot, reattach to usb and kies. Then reboot again the watch and close kies and open Odin, see if it works. Mine was wonky like that another time and I think it was when I was halfway through Odin install and my computer suddenly decided it detected my device again and started to update a driver. Then it failed and I had similar issue. After playing with it a bit it started to see the gear and it wasn't flashing. Good luck.

P.s. It failed a second time again and then finally worked on third try while closing my eyes...:p

Chris

closing my eyes helped cheers mate :D
    How to unbrick galaxy gear !

Hello friend.. ( u can try this method to unbrick your GG )
    Previously im also got the same problem as u when im trying to upgrade my GG1 but after a long search i found this link . What u need is just follow the instructions as given and the important things is dont try to skip anything !

How to UnBrick Galaxy Gear: h*t*t*p://youtube/fS4878klPAQ
    ( delete * from h t t p coz im not allowed to post link yet:eek::p )

I hope this will help u coz my GG1 has been recover back .. not to original stock rom but it also upgrade my GG1 to TIZEN !!! :good::D
    And dont forget to thanks to that guys that send the video and me ( coz i need a credit to post another reply to whom that need a help :D ) and good luck to u all.

AND TO ADMIN : PLEASE DO NOT BANNED ME COZ IM JUST TRY TO HELP SOMEBODY THAT HAS THE SAME PROBLEM WITH ME .... :eek: PEACE !