[apr-3-09] nueUSBKeyboard 1.1, turn your phone into a USB Keyboard

Search This thread

buru898

Doesn't work at all on my Herald. Tried it ona Wii and PS3 with no results.

Also when I try to plug it in my computer with Windows Vista (ugh) it tries to install but says it failed to instal so it doesn't work on anything.

Hope it gets fixed this seems like it can be an amazing tool.

oscahie

Jul 19, 2008
Barcelona
Last edited:

akp99

May 17, 2008
London
Confirmed working well on X1 - excellent tool :)

Like the fact buttons are now useable in portrait but would love more finger-friendly buttons in Landscape :)

Last edited:

3Flight

Feb 25, 2009
HTC Herald still unsupported as I assume - tried on mine, no use. Windows (XP & Windows 7) fails to "start" the device ("Device cannot start" - could be seen in device properties). So I guess no use trying with PS3 or whatever. Looking forward to an update for HTC Herald!!! :)

segadc

Jan 14, 2007
This version does not work well on my XV6800. File does not work and its impossible to close it. I have to use Sktools FreeUP Ram to close it (located on my start menu which is available if I click on file or obviously the windows button).

edit: Also would like to mention that it took away my wallpaper. I uninstalled and did it again with all the same results.

Last edited:

TeDeV

Aug 27, 2007
Athens
can you make this work for software keyboard? i have a diamond 2 which doesn't have hardware keyboard

musashiz

Dec 22, 2008
still having 'device cannot start' issues...

ok i tried to locate the temporary cab file created u talked about... nowhere to be found. where exactly did you find the cab on your device???? I even went as far as to extract the files from the .exe file and created a corresponding .cab file... didnt help in the least. no matter what i do i cannot get this program to work. but i could really use it!! any suggestions...

im running wm6.1 on a mogul

wouterhund

May 11, 2008
Hello,

I was wondering if the source code of this application was available, or a DLL version. That would be really amazing for this project I'd like to get done.

Thanks!

Edit:

I found the file nueUSBKeyboard.dll included with this, but I fail to add a reference to it in Visual Studio running a professional 6 device C# application.
Any help on how to use this DLL?

Last edited:

wouterhund

May 11, 2008
I have (finally) figured out what this DLL is, it's a driver added onto the device.
I'm guessing the UI executable somehow activates this driver and interacts with it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

secc123

Aug 19, 2009
Excellent app

Hey No2Chem, I've just found your USB keyboard app - GENIUS!!
I have needed a USB keyboard on several occasions and this solves the problem perfectly, i always have my phone with me :D
I tried it on my Touch Pro + Vista 64, hardware keyboard on TP works perfectly (i only tried it in notepad for testing) but the softkeys (F1/F2/Win/etc etc) seem a bit hit and miss? F1 didn't do anything, same with F4, the Win key does work but intermittently. The ESC is fine.
I'm not complaining - even if this never gets updated it is still the best app i have found for my TP, Brilliant!!! So useful for me - just love it.

Secc

mrpingo

May 26, 2007
Doesn't work on my AT&T 8925. Device manager says "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" on the failed installation of "USB Input Device". Please help.

RavenY2K3

Nov 13, 2006
Rhodium

I found this app listed under the Rhodiums "Must have apps" thread, but unfortunately cannot get it to install, has anyone here succesfully installed it on a Rhodium, I would thought It would have been for it to be listed in the thread I mentioned above?

:confused:

Top Liked Posts