[MOD][CAM]GBXperia S|Video 1080p >20mb Bitrate|720p >15mb Bitrate|>100% Image quality

Search This thread

w1000i

May 7, 2010
Jubail Ind
what about the last three lines

Code:
   -->
    <VideoDecoderCap name="wmv" enabled="[COLOR=Red]false[/COLOR]"/>
    <AudioDecoderCap name="wma" enabled="[COLOR=Red]false[/COLOR]"/>
</MediaSettings>

if we change it to true we will have better audio recording

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

can we do this Mod on the Arc???
yes we can , and i did it

but the maximum bitrate for 720p is 12mb or the camara will not working

somemadcaaant

Apr 28, 2010
Android Wear
OnePlus 7T Pro
what about the last three lines

Code:
   -->
    <VideoDecoderCap name="wmv" enabled="[COLOR=Red]false[/COLOR]"/>
    <AudioDecoderCap name="wma" enabled="[COLOR=Red]false[/COLOR]"/>
</MediaSettings>

if we change it to true we will have better audio recording

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

yes we can , and i did it

but the maximum bitrate for 720p is 12mb or the camara will not working

Looks like could enable the above formats which could be then chosen in the camera.apk/default-capability.xml file, have you experimented with the above values in the media_profiles.xml already?

There we go, 12mb sounds like a camera firmware/lib/driver limitation, there will be a limitation with the XPS too i would imagine, if i haven't hit it already.

-smc

Ferrum Master

Dec 22, 2010
Rīga
I hawe 2 XPERIA S at home, so i record same video in same time by both of phones. One hawe this camera mod and one not. You can compare it.

Video wih camera mod - http://youtu.be/_OcRPEErkDk
Video without camera mod - http://youtu.be/BRB6Xixmk6k

DSC_0004~.JPG

OMG a real shovel... stellar PIC...

I've watched the vids... the difference isn't that much... for the sake of memory space... I suppose stock is the golden way...

drsoran2

Apr 25, 2011
Germany
@ w1000i You said you already did a mod for Arc. I can't find it. Could you point me to it?

@ somemadcaaant I pulled all the files from my Xperia Arc which I believe could have something to do with the camera. Sorry if there are files in the zip archive which are not useful. Since I don't have much clue about it, I just pulled them all for you to look into.

yes, uncompressed jpeg's would be great and also an improvement to the video bitrate for the Arc.

Here is the link to the zip: http://www.mediafire.com/?99j1fpm42kezsjy

Last edited:
Reactions: somemadcaaant

taxas

Apr 4, 2011
@ w1000i You said you already did a mod for Arc. I can't find it. Could you point me to it?

@ somemadcaaant I pulled all the files from my Xperia Arc which I believe could have something to do with the camera. Sorry if there are files in the zip archive which are not useful. Since I don't have much clue about it, I just pulled them all for you to look into.

yes, uncompressed jpeg's would be great and also an improvement to the video bitrate for the Arc.

Arent we talking about the xperia S ?

drsoran2

Apr 25, 2011
Germany
we do, but since two other members talked about the Arc in here I found it approbiate to add my reply here because the two handsets are related and what can be done on the S could be done on the Arc as well. So everybody benefits.

somemadcaaant

Apr 28, 2010
Android Wear
OnePlus 7T Pro
@ drsoran2 thanks i'll have a look and get back to you.

Thanks, i'll PM with any details, PM with further details u find also, try and keep this thread on topic as it grows.

Tho the Sensation camera imo is quite poor, the ICS image quality cap looks awesome, the file sizes are hitting 5mb and over they say.

Need to find the Memory size cap they mentioned, should be there somewhere but hopefully it wont kernel or firmware capped like the Droid 3.

-smc

Last edited:

drsoran2

Apr 25, 2011
Germany
sounds good to me :)

In addition I found two other interesting files on my Arc. Maybe they can be of help too.

taxas

Apr 4, 2011
I dont want to sound like a jerk or anything. But isn't it better if a similar thread is made on the Arc forum instead of mixing xperia s and Arc mod together ?

Yakandu

Apr 9, 2011
Bilbao
hmm can you say us what you modified to get 100% image quality? (on photos) because im trying to do it by myself but i cant edit the .xml files from the Camera app

2ji8888

Apr 4, 2012
i seem to have lost my camera app.

what i did, i just copied SemcCameraUI.apk to system/app and media_profiles.xml to system/etc

what should i do w/ the remaining files inside the zip? "meta-inf" folder?

somemadcaaant

Apr 28, 2010
Android Wear
OnePlus 7T Pro
@Yakandu you can fiddle with image settings in the media_profiles.xml, the cap and what I believe is the image matrix is a different story and requires decompiling the camera app, see my signature links for a few guides

@2ji8888 what you did is fine, check your camera permissions which should match your other system apps, disregard the rest of the file as its only used to auto install thru a recovery console.

-smc

Yakandu

Apr 9, 2011
Bilbao
well, i just want to make 100% quality photos and 60FPS videos for now (im experimenting) I cant decompile SemcCamUI with APKtool because of framework installation missing... :( but.. im searching on the interwebz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [MOD][CAM]GBXperia S|Video 1080p >20mb Bitrate|720p >15mb Bitrate|>100% Image quality

Gingerbread only

Thanks to all the lovely people in the "Root XPS (63 & 67 FW) [Update: 08.03.12]" section I am now able to test my mods and install apps direct to System/app.

As with my previous camera mods this "initial" version increases video 1080p bitrate from 14mbps to 20mbps and 720p from 6mbps(pathetic) to 15mbps.

Also increases Image quality from 90% to some what over 100% by fiddling with the constants array-data and removing the 0x5A cap, image size will be bigger; I'll be able to check images better in the morning during the day.

This version should work with all firmware and roms versions for Gingerbread 2.3.7.

Normal install:
    1. Extract the zip files to a folder.
    2. Obtain a root file browser like rootexplorer or ES File Explorer.
    3. Rename the current files on the phone before replacing.
    4. Activate root access via the file browser of choice and copy SemcCameraUI.apk to system/app and media_profiles.xml to system/etc
    5. Apply permissions and change owner to match any other file in the same directory for both the above files (06755 and root).
    6. Reboot device.
    7. Recommend to go into Settings then Applications then manage Applications and find the camera install settings under the All tab and press clear data to restore camera default settings.

ClockworkMod install:
    1.Copy the file to your phone, reboot into clockworkmod recovery.
    2.Select "install zip", then sip >> sdcard and browse for the file then click and 3.confirm to install.
    4.restart your phone as normal.

Seems very smooth with video at these moderately increased levels, will see how high the bitrate goes.

I've tested most of the functions of the app and it should be fairly glitch free, let me know otherwise.

For more info on how I modded these files check my previous mods in my signature below.

Got a few more ideas and as always suggestions welcome.

Edit1:20120314
    Seems the media_profiles.xml does have some side effects and i've had a few random force closes with video settings, if you experience this just replace the file with your backup version and restart the phone. I'm looking into this.

Edit2:2012317
    New version of the files uploaded, fixed the above issue force closing with video settings.

Edit3:20120320
    On comparison it seems the quality of even the 14mbps stock bitrate is extremely good, which says quite alot about the 12mp image sensor used, high praise indeed.

Edit4:20120420
    Seems to be a Sony bug with Image stabilization set to on and changing the ISO setting, this actually disables the image stabilization.

Found on the Sony Xperia forums this is currently being looked at by Sony for a fix
    http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/35449

-smc
    Th'ats because your system partition has 0 bytes left.
    Flash sminki's one here
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=23729471&postcount=85
    nocomp & gbil,

You will both end up being infracted if you continue spamming this Dev thread with your petty bickering.

Now stay on topic!

@ Jozinek yep im just waiting for the update so i can fiddle and test.

-smc