[Q] Flashed TF700 recovery by mistake, fastboot USB logo does not show up on menu

Search This thread

JasonLeeming

Jan 20, 2011
Manchester
Hi guys,

I accidentally installed TF700 recovery on my TF300 (yes I know, I'm a tool), so as you expect, with it being made for a higher resolution screen, it only shows a small portion of the recovery screen on my TF300, so I can't flash any other recovery images or ROMs as I can't access the slide to flash function on TWRP. To top it off, the fastboot USB logo does not show up, just the RCK, Android and wipe data options.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Jason

andrewnelson23

May 25, 2012
Shawnee, OK
Hi guys,

I accidentally installed TF700 recovery on my TF300 (yes I know, I'm a tool), so as you expect, with it being made for a higher resolution screen, it only shows a small portion of the recovery screen on my TF300, so I can't flash any other recovery images or ROMs as I can't access the slide to flash function on TWRP. To top it off, the fastboot USB logo does not show up, just the RCK, Android and wipe data options.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Jason

Can you boot into the system?

Sent from my TF300T using XDA Free mobile app

andrewnelson23

May 25, 2012
Shawnee, OK
Yeah sorry, forgot to say. There is no ROM installed, just that completely wrong recovery.

Jason

Dang.

It's weird that you'd have an affected bootloader. Recovery flashing is only supposed to mess with the recovery partition. Have you tried connecting your tablet to different computers using different usb's? Perhaps then fastboot will appear. Have you tried fastboot devices from your computer? What does it print?

JasonLeeming

Jan 20, 2011
Manchester
Dang.

It's weird that you'd have an affected bootloader. Recovery flashing is only supposed to mess with the recovery partition. Have you tried connecting your tablet to different computers using different usb's? Perhaps then fastboot will appear. Have you tried fastboot devices from your computer? What does it print?

I would try that, but I don't have any other computers and I only have the one USB cable.

JasonLeeming

Jan 20, 2011
Manchester
I haven't had a ROM installed on it for a while, and I haven't used it for a while. When I started messing with it yesterday I certainly remember the USB logo being there, but after installing that recovery it just isn't. All the correct drivers are installed, and the laptop seems to recognise the fastboot with no problems.

Jason

Last edited:

andrewnelson23

May 25, 2012
Shawnee, OK
I haven't had a ROM installed on it for a while, and I haven't used it for a while. When I started messing with it yesterday I certainly remember the USB logo being there, but after installing that recovery it just isn't. All the correct drivers are installed, and the laptop seems to recognise the fastboot with no problems.

Jason

Gotcha.

Well if it recognizes it, just try fastboot flashing a new recovery...

If you do fastboot devices, does it pop your device up?