Droid X Boot Animation (w/ DROID sound)

Search This thread

skunis1

Jun 25, 2010
Not sure if this helps anyone but here are some instructions on how to get audio to work on the Incredible.

http://androidforums.com/tips-tricks-incredible/93514-htc-incredible-boot-animation-guide.html

You have to modify the desc.txt file in the bootanimation.zip and you also have to make sure there is an audio folder in there as well.

Not sure how to do this since the desc.txt is very different than this guy shows and I do not have a textpad to save as a Unix file.

If anyone would like to try this and post the bootanimation.zip that is fixed that would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

drmbdrummer

Feb 7, 2008
Not sure if this helps anyone but here are some instructions on how to get audio to work on the Incredible.

http://androidforums.com/tips-tricks-incredible/93514-htc-incredible-boot-animation-guide.html

You have to modify the desc.txt file in the bootanimation.zip and you also have to make sure there is an audio folder in there as well.

Not sure how to do this since the desc.txt is very different than this guy shows and I do not have a textpad to save as a Unix file.

If anyone would like to try this and post the bootanimation.zip that is fixed that would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

skunis1; This was what was wrong with the original ported wallpaper. I took it and changed all these numbers to make it appropriate and resaved it as a UNIX file. That's how we fixed it in the first place. But thanks :)

skunis1

Jun 25, 2010
skunis1; This was what was wrong with the original ported wallpaper. I took it and changed all these numbers to make it appropriate and resaved it as a UNIX file. That's how we fixed it in the first place. But thanks :)

Ahhhh!!! Light bulb moment! LMAO! I was using a different bootanimation.zip that I got from a different site. Let me see if this works now.

Edit: Worked like a charm! Pretty darn loud! LOL

Last edited:

bhazard451

Jun 17, 2010
For anyone having trouble with adb like I was, just download estrongs file explorer and root explorer from the marketplace.

Copy the files wirelessly via samba in estrongs to the root of your sd card. Then use root explorer to copy the animation zip and mp3 file to /data/local (if you're rooted). You can even set rm in root explorer.

Works great and is very easy.

drmbdrummer

Feb 7, 2008
tried it on my nexus one and sadly got no sound......Would have been sweeeet!! Any ideas?

Sorry I have no ideas man..BUT, check around for adding custom boot to the nexus; i THINK you need to put these files in a different folder..

Ahhhh!!! Light bulb moment! LMAO! I was using a different bootanimation.zip that I got from a different site. Let me see if this works now.

Edit: Worked like a charm! Pretty darn loud! LOL

skunis1; AWESOME haha, i'm glad you finally got it working :) and yeah; it's loud..You could always edit it using audacity or something if it was really bothering you.

zonbal33

Sep 30, 2009
I'm on CM 5.0.8 for the Droid. I checked /data/local and their is no bootanimation.zip in there or any sound file.

When I go to /system/media I see a "bootanimation.zip" and a "audio" folder.

How would I go about installing this boot animation and the audio?

trotter45

Jun 15, 2010
I can not get sound to work with this bootanimation. I can get sound to work with any other bootanimation but no this one.:confused:
I am sure that I have unzipped the audio file and any other adio file just can not get it to work

bradblick

Jun 26, 2010
Baltimore, MD
the sure fire way to get this to work

use quickboot (market) to boot to recovery (you should be using clockwork)
have phone connected thru usb
run cmd prompt
cd to tools directory (eg. c:\sdk\tools)
run adb shell
navigate to /data/local.... to see what folders are in each directory use "ls" command...

remove the original files that are there using:
rm "filename"."extension"

then re push, re boot, unplug

you may need your volume up prior to all of this to hear the first reboot "droiddddd"

anyway best of luck and thanks this is really cool lookin!

FlubFlav

Jun 27, 2010
Alternate DROID Enhanced Sound Clip

Big thanks to drmbdrummer.
After I finally got the sound working on my Droid boot-up screen, I realized that there was something missing for me in the whole experience. In my mind I was hearing more sound after the great "Drrroooiiidd" voice.
So after wasting an hour or so, I mixed together a new mp3 sound file that can easily replace the "android_audio.mp3" file.
I've included 2 versions, the first is a longer one, the second shorter; I prefer the longer one, but some may feel the end sound repeating gets a bit obnoxious. I think it rocks.
Bonus points to the first person to identify the 2 added sounds (should be easy IMO)
Hopefully I'm not the only one to enjoy this!

Check out what it looks at youtube with this title:
"Droid Incredible w/ Droid X boot animation & new sound"

Attachments

• android_audio1.zip
    381.6 KB · Views: 294
  • android_audio2.zip
    262.1 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:

ihtfp69

Feb 22, 2009
Thanks for this. I woke up this morning to my phone boot looping (don't know why, lol). It was the best alarm ever. I just kept hearing "droiddd" about every five seconds.

btw, I pulled the ringtones from the Droid X system dump. It has some pretty interesting ones where a droid voice speaks and lets you know there is a phone call for you.

johnspecht

Jun 28, 2010
Thanks for this. I woke up this morning to my phone boot looping (don't know why, lol). It was the best alarm ever. I just kept hearing "droiddd" about every five seconds.

btw, I pulled the ringtones from the Droid X system dump. It has some pretty interesting ones where a droid voice speaks and lets you know there is a phone call for you.

mine loops twice? any ideas

trotter45

Jun 15, 2010

Post some of the ring tons please

dreamersipaq

Jun 11, 2008
Ok, question

Maybe noobish, but...

you have us putting it into /data/local

however when I do a search on the phone system
"find / -name "boot",
I get "/system/bin/bootanimation"... AND
"/data/local/bootanimation.zi" <= what you had us put in. Can you 'splain the difference?

drmbdrummer

Feb 7, 2008
Maybe noobish, but...

you have us putting it into /data/local

however when I do a search on the phone system
"find / -name "boot",
I get "/system/bin/bootanimation"... AND
"/data/local/bootanimation.zi" <= what you had us put in. Can you 'splain the difference?

It's my understanding that the one in /system/bin/ is the regular bootanimation file, BUT if you HAPPEN to have one in /data/local/ then it looks for that first and runs that file at bootup instead of the other in /system. Thus you don't have to overwrite the /system/bin/ file. ALSO, it means that just by deleting the file in /data/local/ you can restore the stock boot. :)

trotter45

Jun 15, 2010
I am not getting sound with this bootanimation this is how I am trying to do it

C:\>cd C:\android\tools

C:\android\tools>adb push android_audio.mp3 /data/local
* daemon not running. starting it now *
* daemon started successfully *
1778 KB/s (345932 bytes in 0.190s)
but when i reboot it has the bootanimation but no sound. If i use a different bootanimation I get the sound
Any ideas

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys. I know this is about and around, but we got the sound working on boot (the "DROID" noise). So here's how you do it:

1. download both files below
    2. UNZIP the "android_audio.zip" file, put the audio file in your sdk/tools folder
    3. leave the "bootanimation.zip" file zipped, put in your sdk/tools folder
    4. go into adb and push both files as follows:

adb push bootanimation.zip /data/local
    adb push android_audio.mp3 /data/local
    adb reboot

This should work; if anyone has problems let me know.

ENJOY! :)

***UPDATE***

If you're still having issues with the sound not working, first make sure that you are unzipping the "android_audio" file...then pushing the .mp3 contained within the zip file.

Second, if it still doesn't work, try this in adb:

cd data
    cd local
    rm android_audio.mp3
    rm bootanimation.zip

then repush the two files!