[ODIN]SM-N900P NAB Bootloaders (Stock & Engineering)(One-Clicks)

Search This thread

mjs2011

May 25, 2011
There's an app (it actually MIGHT be an xposed module) that will hide root from selected apps. I will look it up for you and find you a link but it works great from what ppl were saying about it. I couldn't deal with not being rooted! Lol I'll post a link when I find it!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 01:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 AM ----------

I'm going to attempt this using the engineering bootloader because if I can get back to jellybomb I'm going to make a video for @JoshBeach on making the upgrade to K3 since no one else has yet. I'll be sure to document my steps just in case it DOES work so that we have some kind of a guide on getting back, say pray to the brick Gods for me! Haha

Thanks. I bet you're talking about root cloak. Tried it but unfortunately it didn't work with my employer's security software.

It's OK though. This is still an awesome phone even without root.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Reactions: chico260
Thanks. I bet you're talking about root cloak. Tried it but unfortunately it didn't work with my employer's security software.

It's OK though. This is still an awesome phone even without root.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Ummm... It wasn't root "cloak".... It was. .....ohhhhh man......damn my memory is failing me! I'll look it up and post a link and you can check it out! And your right about it being awesome even without root! I just can't imagine not having the ability to run a @JoshBeach rom!

bantzt

Jun 12, 2011
Shelbyville
can't go back to stock bootloader

I'm having a problem flashing the stock bootloader and getting it to stick. It still appears that I have the engineering bootloader.

When I boot up, I still have the long list of information pop up.

I have tried different versions of odin, plus the one click and the .tar

only thing I haven't don't was flash back to stock yet.

Any suggestions? Im just having a problem with going into panic mode when running Antutu Benchmark on my phone with certain frequencies and i'm trying to rule out all possibilities.

micmars

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 1, 2013
Tampa Bay
I'm having a problem flashing the stock bootloader and getting it to stick. It still appears that I have the engineering bootloader.

When I boot up, I still have the long list of information pop up.

I have tried different versions of odin, plus the one click and the .tar

only thing I haven't don't was flash back to stock yet.

Any suggestions? Im just having a problem with going into panic mode when running Antutu Benchmark on my phone with certain frequencies and i'm trying to rule out all possibilities.

Use Flashify from the play store, here's stock kernel...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ky4m2fwobibh5je/boot.img

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

micmars

May 1, 2013
Tampa Bay
Yeah...

The kernel is a completely separate part of the programming than the Bootloader. Without a working Bootloader, your won't boot at all, but u can boot into recovery or download mode without a Kernel or ROM.

Yeah, I think I'm going blind. I know better than that. Thanks for setting me straight.

However, your issue is that you are completely unable to flash the stock bootloader, correct? And you have tried both the one-click and the tar files?

Hold on a second; let me see what I can find out for you...

Last edited:

bantzt

Jun 12, 2011
Shelbyville
Yeah, I think I'm going blind. I know better than that. Thanks for setting me straight.

However, your issue is that you are completely unable to flash the stock bootloader, correct? And you have tried both the one-click and the tar files?

Yes, I have tried both. The .tar on Odin 3.09 and the one click. Only thing I haven't done is flash back to stock and see if that works. But But that's a pain lol.

Reactions: micmars

micmars

May 1, 2013
Tampa Bay
Odd...

Yes, I have tried both. The .tar on Odin 3.09 and the one click. Only thing I haven't done is flash back to stock and see if that works. But But that's a pain lol.

Odd, and yeah, the reflashing of the entire stock tar seems the right call, but...are you rooted, and are you running any custom recovery?

Ok @bantzt, I looked at your signature line from my PC...I would hit the K3 thread and ask if anyone on your current setup has trouble switching between bootloaders. I've never had issue doing so, and I tested it on several occasions, but I've been running freeza's DeOdex ROM for a bit, with Beast kernel 1.0, nothing fancy, just a ton of themed apps, and a ton of work to get it the looking the way I want. You also might try updating your kernel, as V1.0 is stable.

Try this...

1. Backup your current setup
2. Flash stock tar
3. Flash recovery
4. Flash stock(ish) DeOdex rom
5. Try switching between stock and engineering bootloaders
6. Flash K3 build
7. Repeat attempting to switch between bootlaoders
8. IF item #7 works, restore data from the backup you made in step 1, assuming you've made no changes to your system files since flashing your version of K3

I hope this helps.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was asked to make this one-click to help simplify the process of flashing the new NAB Engineering Bootloader for our Note 3 users. A huge thanks to @freeza for posting it the original Bootloader TAR!

For more information on what the Bootloader is and isn't please visit his thread here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2655674.

I do not own a Note 3 so I have not been able to test this as I would normally prefer to do before releasing. I do however feel comfortable that it should work as designed.

Before proceeding please verify that you are already on either the NAB or NABD builds. If you are, feel free to proceed.
    If you are not DO NOT proceed, you will brick your device.

Instructions:

1: Download the NAB Engineering or Stock Bootloader One-Click.
    "SM-N900P NAB Engineering Bootloader.exe"
    "SM-N900P_NAB_Stock_Bootloader.exe"

2: Start the Odin One-Click.
    Navigate to the location where the Bootloader.exe was saved.
    Double-click on Bootloader.exe". *On Vista or newer, you may need to right-click on the file and Run as Administrator.

3: Place phone in Download Mode.
    - Power phone completely off.
    - Press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power buttons, all at the same time.
    - Release the buttons only when the ‘Warning!!’ message appears.
    - Press [Volume Up] to enter Download mode.

4: Connect USB cable to PC and phone.
    Odin should show a yellow COM port in the second column. If you do not see a yellow COM port, you may need to run the Odin One-Click as Administrator and/or unplug/plugin the USB cable after starting Odin One-Click.

5: Start Odin flash process.
    Press [Start].

6: Complete - PASS!
    Status should change to green PASS! At this point your phone should automatically reboot.

Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ODIN]SM-N900P NAB Bootloaders (Stock & Engineering)(One-Clicks) , ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Contributors
    rwilco12
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat

Version Information

Created 2015-02-12
    Last Updated 2015-02-12
    OP updated with a link for the stock NAB bootloader! Thanks to @micmars and @optimummind for testing!
    Tested & all is good~!! Thank you again~!! :D

Sent from my SM-N900P

Boy this is why I love choices. I prefer the engineering/open bootloader, others prefer stock. Having both is an excellent thing indeed.

Glad we have this, that you requested it, and that Rwilco12 published it.

Everyone benefits.

More cowbell.

I bet a dime.

Triband cubed.

Lol®

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
    @rwilco12 Do you think you can also release the official non-engineering edition bootloader tar for us to flash? I'm currently on the engineering edition but all those lines at boot are kind of tripping my OCD. :p

Sent from my SPH-L720

Sending you a PM now. :)