Maybe a first step toward development for the HAM2

Search This thread

mke1973

Dec 3, 2010
On another forum, a developer has expressed a willingness to see if he can develop a flashable zip file to allow custom recoveries to be installed on the HAM2. A HAM2 user comfortable using adb needs to see if he can get partition info to the developer as a first step (the developer doesn't own a HAM2). (I don't want to upset xda developers so if you want to read about this, just google "still no root HAM2" or you can pm me.) Maybe, if we're lucky, at least one developer will get a HAM2 and become motivated to develop a root method.

ScoobSTi

Nov 23, 2012
NYC
On another forum, a developer has expressed a willingness to see if he can develop a flashable zip file to allow custom recoveries to be installed on the HAM2. A HAM2 user comfortable using adb needs to see if he can get partition info to the developer as a first step (the developer doesn't own a HAM2). (I don't want to upset xda developers so if you want to read about this, just google "still no root HAM2" or you can pm me.) Maybe, if we're lucky, at least one developer will get a HAM2 and become motivated to develop a root method.

Yeah, I found this thread a while ago and now it seems I'm his beta tester!

mke1973

Dec 3, 2010
Yeah, I found this thread a while ago and now it seems I'm his beta tester![/QUOT]

I just looked at the update to the thread. I'm glad you pointed the developer to this forum, too. Thanks for your help. A big cheer for you from this novice HAM2 user who's hoping to have a HAM2 that was ordered from Amazon in hand next week. Maybe baby steps will lead to a root method being developed. I would like to see a method to root so we could unlock the root capabilities of ES File Explorer, especially if we get an upgrade to KK down the road.

Last edited:
Reactions: ScoobSTi

ScoobSTi

Nov 23, 2012
NYC
Yeah, I found this thread a while ago and now it seems I'm his beta tester![/QUOT]

I just looked at the update to the thread. I'm glad you pointed the developer to this forum, too. Thanks for your help. A big cheer for you from this novice HAM2 user who's hoping to have a HAM2 that was ordered from Amazon in hand next week. Maybe baby steps will lead to a root method being developed. I would like to see a method to root so we could unlock the root capabilities of ES File Explorer, especially if we get an upgrade to KK down the road.

Here's the thread if anyone's interested. Hell, you guys could probably PM him saying you'd like to help test too!

Getting root on this phone would make me the happiest guy on earth! I think we should donate to this guy if we get root. He doesn't even have this phone. :)

ScoobSTi

Nov 23, 2012
NYC
I'm just waiting for our developer to answer a question of mine before I attempt to flash the file he gave me. If this works, we should all donate to him!

Last edited:

HDer

Aug 21, 2013
bootloader unlock

Can someone try this?

Sorry for the crappy link. I think I need to have 10 posts before I can post a real link. The page is in Chinese but it's pretty easy to understand if you paste it into Google Translate:

www dot emui dot com/plugin.php?id=unlock&mod=unlock&action=apply

I think it's very similar to the htc bootloader unlock setup, but I don't know if it works for phones bought in the US.

---------- Post added at 06:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 AM ----------

Honestly, this phone has been out in China for a while, and the Chinese are definitely creating roms for it. So if someone really wants to put together some kind of donation pool I can probably just find a Chinese student who can just copy and paste the info from the Chinese language forums.

---------- Post added at 07:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 AM ----------

For example, here are some instructions for root (I haven't tested them, YMMV)

http://www.huaweirom.com/rom/mate2/2049.html

ScoobSTi

Nov 23, 2012
NYC
Just a heads up: the US version is the MT2-L03. Anything other than that could be the Chinese version, etc.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Can someone try this?

The US version of mate 2 is not supported.