[Q] USB broken, cannot flash rom using TWRP

Search This thread

lecoq3010

Aug 24, 2014
Hi guys,
I have a HTC Desire. My USB port is broken (no money to fix) so cannot connect it to my PC. I have TWRP as recovery, but it wont install zip files.
e:unable to create updater file in /tmp/updater. There is currently no OS loaded. Is there any way i can install CWM at startup like a .bat file or something when i switch on the phone.
Please, please help me. Phones are expensive in South Africa :(
Thank you so much

Saf98

Aug 7, 2013
??<
Hi guys,
I have a HTC Desire. My USB port is broken (no money to fix) so cannot connect it to my PC. I have TWRP as recovery, but it wont install zip files.
e:unable to create updater file in /tmp/updater. There is currently no OS loaded. Is there any way i can install CWM at startup like a .bat file or something when i switch on the phone.
Please, please help me. Phones are expensive in South Africa :(
Thank you so much

You might have to use an SD card reader to transfer files, so why don't u flash 4ext recovery pb99img.zip file method so u can install a custom rom, are you s off?

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA Free mobile app

lecoq3010

Aug 24, 2014
You might have to use an SD card reader to transfer files, so why don't u flash 4ext recovery pb99img.zip file method so u can install a custom rom, are you s off?

Hi, thanx for your quick response. it is really much appreciated.
Yes I am s-off. ok, I copied the zip file to the sd card, restarted phone "back button+power button", (vol button+power button does not work), vol button down to recovery, and the phone restarted. But now it does not get pass the htc logo.

Saf98

Aug 7, 2013
??<
Hi, thanx for your quick response. it is really much appreciated.
Yes I am s-off. ok, I copied the zip file to the sd card, restarted phone "back button+power button", (vol button+power button does not work), vol button down to recovery, and the phone restarted. But now it does not get pass the htc logo.

It has to get to the bootloader not to the recovery.

lecoq3010

Aug 24, 2014
It has to get to the bootloader not to the recovery.

Once again, thank you very much for helping me.

-Revolutionary-
BRAVO PVT3 SHIP S-OFF
MICROP-051d
TOUCH PANEL-SYNT0101
RADIO-5.17.05.23
Aug 10 2010,17:52:18

HBOOT

<VOL UP> to previous item
<VOL DOWN> to next item
<POWER> to select item

FASTBOOT
RECOVERY
CLEAR STORAGE
SIMLOCK

It then extracts something
Then it says something like : no image or wrong image
Should I leave it here? or should I get a different image?

jmcclue

Apr 3, 2012
Once again, thank you very much for helping me.

-Revolutionary-
BRAVO PVT3 SHIP S-OFF
MICROP-051d
TOUCH PANEL-SYNT0101
RADIO-5.17.05.23
Aug 10 2010,17:52:18

HBOOT

<VOL UP> to previous item
<VOL DOWN> to next item
<POWER> to select item

FASTBOOT
RECOVERY
CLEAR STORAGE
SIMLOCK

It then extracts something
Then it says something like : no image or wrong image
Should I leave it here? or should I get a different image?

Where did u get the PB99IMG.zip? Did u put it on the root of ur sdcard? (not in a filder) make sure its named "PB99IMG" and not pb99img (capital letters)

lecoq3010

Aug 24, 2014
Where did u get the PB99IMG.zip? Did u put it on the root of ur sdcard? (not in a filder) make sure its named "PB99IMG" and not pb99img (capital letters)

Hi my friend
I got it fixed.:laugh: I changed the FS to FAT32. everything is working. thank you very very much for all your help!!!!!!!
I just have a problem with link2sd now. mount script cannot be created. once again, thank you very much.

jmcclue

Apr 3, 2012
Hi my friend
I got it fixed.:laugh: I changed the FS to FAT32. everything is working. thank you very very much for all your help!!!!!!!
I just have a problem with link2sd now. mount script cannot be created. once again, thank you very much.

Yh sometimes u need to format ur sdcard aswell before it reads it.

Theres a guide here in desire general and "how to partition sdcard correctly" read that, im sure abbbbaaaab explains mount2sd aswell. Worth a read.