Intermittent Internet Access when not on WiFi

Search This thread

Substance_D

Aug 20, 2010
Gold Coast
I've recently flashed to Paranoid Android (CM11 base) and when not on Wi-Fi I only get intermittent internet access. (Phone calls and sms still work correctly).

I live in a 4G area, so sometimes the connection strength icon will show DC, H+ or nothing at all and just bars. Cycling the radio on and off works sometimes, and when it does connect it connects fairly steadily.

Phone model is D6503, and country is Australia. I created a backup of the stock ROM using TWRP that came with the phone, is there a way I can take the config files from there and flash them? Would that help with my issue or is this a known CM11 issue with the X2?

Thanks kindly!

Vortagh

Sep 3, 2011
I have the very same -or at least a VERY similar - problem, with stock firmware.

I'm running 17.1.1.A.0.402 (Germany/Telekom) and every once in a while, my internet just doesn't turn itself on, when leaving a WLAN, or when entering a "no internet" zone. It just won't start any data connection while phone/SMS services run fine. I have to manually turn it off and back on. Then it'll work fine, right away!

I already checked, there's no new system updates for me to install (even though Sony website says 17.1.2.A.0.314 is the newest, it's not available for my device. Neither OTA, nor Sony PC companion can find any update).