[ROM]Cyanogenmod 9 Unofficial Alpha[4.0.3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Mexiking10

Dec 11, 2010
I wouldn't give it too much though Liquid. You gave everyone else who might have wanted to try it out a heads up and a couple of posts now is better than a ton of redundant posts later.

I can't believe everything that Joelz does, I'm excited for this ROM as well as all of his other ICS projects, haha. :D

mrrogers1

Jun 30, 2007
NEEEEBRASKA
Yeah, I'm definitely flashing this properly, and it's still bootlooping.

Do NOT flash Cayniarb's latest kernel. You WILL bootloop.

EDIT: Holy crap. I just triple-posted. Shame on me :(

Well, I sure was in the middle of a NANDROID to try it.... not so much anymore. :)

Thanks for going before us.... (*I might try it on a different ICS rom, you never know and it's just a NANDROID away.)

jamexman

Aug 20, 2011
amas
Yeah, I'm definitely flashing this properly, and it's still bootlooping.

Do NOT flash Cayniarb's latest kernel. You WILL bootloop.

EDIT: Holy crap. I just triple-posted. Shame on me :(

I don't know what are you guys doing. I'm using it with boot manager and I'm not bootlooping at all. Kernel is working great. No battery drain like the previous one. This may be my new daily driver combo. CM 9 + tiamats latest are great. Can't wait for joelz next release.

il Duce

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Feb 25, 2009
Twin Cities, MN
I'm intrigued by this ROM. It performs quite well. I don't see any mention of Chad's kernel with this. Has anyone tried it? Does it do anything different?

chad hasnt released a 3.0 kernel yet no one has
Stuck in a bootloop with Cayniarb's latest kernel. Maybe I flashed it wrong. Trying again.
Fyi since you two know him. pstevep seems to have talked the master himself into getting a shooter (gsm but w/e)...

s0be

So, if all goes well, some truly amazing things could be coming to our kernels. Like maybe camera on aosp/ICS, maybe 3D, maybe 4g. Maybe I think too highly of him lol.

Feel free to make preemptive donations, he won't let me start a thread.

husker91

So Tiamats new kernel seems to be working well, same issues as before it seems though. No adb access, have to toggle airplane mode to get service from time to time, and usb storage still not working :(

The phone does seem much more fluid now with tiamat's kernel, opening the app drawer is an obvious example. No more shutter :)

Last edited:

mrrogers1

Jun 30, 2007
NEEEEBRASKA
amas

I don't know what are you guys doing. I'm using it with boot manager and I'm not bootlooping at all. Kernel is working great. No battery drain like the previous one. This may be my new daily driver combo. CM 9 + tiamats latest are great. Can't wait for joelz next release.

So are you saying that you never removed the BluetoothHD folder and are now, since running Tiamat's new kernel have no battery drain? (*Just asking because most people know to dump the BTHD file and since this is such a new kernel, it seems way early to pass pass judgment this fast.) With that said.... time to boot this baby up and see how it runs. :p

jamexman

Aug 20, 2011
So are you saying that you never removed the BluetoothHD folder and are now, since running Tiamat's new kernel have no battery drain? (*Just asking because most people know to dump the BTHD file and since this is such a new kernel, it seems way early to pass pass judgment this fast.) With that said.... time to boot this baby up and see how it runs. :p

No, im referring to tiamats previous kernel, the one that was being used before, remember? On joelz's non CM ics rom. The one with the wakelock issues. It was draining the battery fast.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App

Last edited:

mrrogers1

Jun 30, 2007
NEEEEBRASKA
No, im referring to tiamats previous kernel, the one that was being used before, remember? The one with the wakelock issues. It was draining the battery fast.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App

I think you are referring to the "SurfaceFlinger" wake lock. Well I got it loaded up and I'll do my little overnight test and see how it does. So far, it seems QUITE snappy. I noticed that both CPU's seem to be online so that might account for that. I'll see how it does at full clock and then turn it down tomorrow and see how it runs at 918 or so.

kenpen

Mar 24, 2011
can i flash tiamat new kernel with hboot 1.40 on this rom?
and is it the shooter-tiamat-ics-022112?
anyone tried it yet

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.0 (ICS), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * I am not part of the Cyanogenmod Team
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 9 to the HTC Evo 3D?, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Root the device and install ClockworkMod Recovery. Instructions are available here.
    2. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    3. Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
    4. Perform a factory reset.
    5. Flash CyanogenMod.
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
    Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 9?
    1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    2. Flash CyanogenMod (your Google Apps will be backed up & restored automatically).
    Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
    • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
    • Please use Pastebin when possible.

Download Links:

CyanogenMod:

Headset Work around:
    http://code.google.com/p/toggleheadset/downloads/detail?name=ToggleHeadset.apk

Other

Credits:
    Tripnraver
    Chad.goodman
    Preludrew
    Cayniarb
    Jayharper
    Cyanogenmod Team​

Bugs:
    Camera[Video/3d/etc]
    4G Wimax
    SDCard Mount To PC
    In call mute​

The CyanogenMod team would like you to know this is a Kang and to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    reserved for me

oh yes...phone gasm
    This is whack.. nothing seems to be working right... why would I take a perfectly functioning phone and switch to rom full of problems? I think i'll wait for official release from HTC there are too many bugs in this release. Thanks for nothing. Cyanogenmod always has crashes and bugs I think i'll use my bandwith somewhere else.

You need to find somewhere else to troll. I will not put up with this kind of bs at all.

---Jay---
    I just built cm9 from source :D

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA App