Bodyguardz white carbon fiber skin review.

Search This thread

gentzleon

May 7, 2009
Well Here is my BodyGardz carbon fiber review.

I ordered from amazon as I am a member and get the prime shipping, came in second day.

Opened and packaging as usual, nice bodyguardz packaging, opened it up and all looked nice, the carbon fiber is not actually carbon fiber all it is is stamped. Well continuing on.
I cleaned the phone really good, the kit comes with an alcohol wipe and a soft lint free cloth.
I started to install the carbon fiber backing, one done I looked at it, man this is ugly. It does not fit well and does not even go with the curves of the phone. Ok i proceeded as it has some slits that go on the sides of the phone and I thought they would look good once all pieces where installed.

I installed every piece and this looks plain bad. ( will post pics, not proper shape, looks dam ugly)

Ok I went on to install the screen protector. This is a wet application, the kit comes with its own gel. Very easy to install, rubbed the back with gel, placed it on screen and guess what, it does not cover the whole screen. if you adjust it to one side you will have a nice un protected slice on the opposite. I completed the application ( yes it has the orange peel effect). I let it dry over night and then off to work. It was in my pocket all day, after work I get home pull the phone out and damn its even uglier, the edges seem to have some glue seepage and instead of white it is black with a border of pocket lint( lol). The screen the same way.
If this is what Bodyguardz skin are like do not buy. Its a great big pile of garbage. makes your phone ugly. I will be contacting them per the 30 day return policy. I lost the original sheets where everything came but still have the packaging. I ill post what happens... You have been warned do not buy this!

:confused:Ill post picks later tonight, I need to set up my camera up as my kodak will not take clear enough images...

Last edited:

lilhyper

Aug 24, 2011
I got the XOSkins carbon fiber back and it fits the AT&T HOX very well. The pin and camera cutouts are literally perfect.

Nickel Dime Bay

Sep 29, 2010
Bay Area, CA
I also bought this for my white HOX but now that i have a grey i decided to do it anyway. Its really not as bad as you're making it. The skin fits well on the back but the sides aren't cut very well. The screen protector is bad though lol

gentzleon

May 7, 2009
I also bought this for my white HOX but now that i have a grey i decided to do it anyway. Its really not as bad as you're making it. The skin fits well on the back but the sides aren't cut very well. The screen protector is bad though lol

Its as bad as i described it. The back is the only thing that fits ok, images will be posted later tonight...

gentzleon

May 7, 2009
updated with images, on the ones with the screen one side has the screen protector aligned perfectly and on the other side you can see where it has a big gap. On the one with the skin you can see how crappy it looks, the cuts are very bad, it is a dirt and lint magnet. looks nice on the bodyguardz website image but if you plan on using the phone this is not for you.

Driggity420

Jul 23, 2010
New Jersey
Armorsuit full body skin zero orange peel but cuts for Pogo pins are of but who cares there's no damn Pogo dock but my hox looks great Armorsuit is the best skinomi is second. They always are on sale on Amazon

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well Here is my BodyGardz carbon fiber review.

I ordered from amazon as I am a member and get the prime shipping, came in second day.

Opened and packaging as usual, nice bodyguardz packaging, opened it up and all looked nice, the carbon fiber is not actually carbon fiber all it is is stamped. Well continuing on.
    I cleaned the phone really good, the kit comes with an alcohol wipe and a soft lint free cloth.
    I started to install the carbon fiber backing, one done I looked at it, man this is ugly. It does not fit well and does not even go with the curves of the phone. Ok i proceeded as it has some slits that go on the sides of the phone and I thought they would look good once all pieces where installed.

I installed every piece and this looks plain bad. ( will post pics, not proper shape, looks dam ugly)

Ok I went on to install the screen protector. This is a wet application, the kit comes with its own gel. Very easy to install, rubbed the back with gel, placed it on screen and guess what, it does not cover the whole screen. if you adjust it to one side you will have a nice un protected slice on the opposite. I completed the application ( yes it has the orange peel effect). I let it dry over night and then off to work. It was in my pocket all day, after work I get home pull the phone out and damn its even uglier, the edges seem to have some glue seepage and instead of white it is black with a border of pocket lint( lol). The screen the same way.
    If this is what Bodyguardz skin are like do not buy. Its a great big pile of garbage. makes your phone ugly. I will be contacting them per the 30 day return policy. I lost the original sheets where everything came but still have the packaging. I ill post what happens... You have been warned do not buy this!

:confused:Ill post picks later tonight, I need to set up my camera up as my kodak will not take clear enough images...
    Where are the ugly pics?:)
    pics will be up tomorrow. I have had alot of work.