Note 8 (2014 Edition) Rumor Thread

Search This thread

Shofar1

Aug 13, 2010
I haven't had my Note 8 to long but I really like it. I just wish it had Multi window like my Note 3 has. Wouldn't complain about more memory, HD screen, & more horsepower but MW would really do it for me.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Of course it has MW. Check the settings that it is enabled, then long press on Back button and you have your (too limited) choice of MW programs.

Reactions: afblangley

eiril_77

Apr 14, 2009
Lumut
I'm very satisfied with what note8 now. but better if its have rear camera with led flash as note 10 2014 edition...

Sent from my GT-N5100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: afblangley

jgaviota

Jan 4, 2008
I haven't had my Note 8 to long but I really like it. I just wish it had Multi window like my Note 3 has. Wouldn't complain about more memory, HD screen, & more horsepower but MW would really do it for me.

Of course it has MW. Check the settings that it is enabled, then long press on Back button and you have your (too limited) choice of MW programs.

Root it and install Multi Window Manager. You can then expand the available programs. Not all work, but many do that are not included by default.

zdratcen

May 2, 2013
A flash for the rear camera would be nice improvement. And of course I expect the normal evolution as:
- faster CPU
- longer lasting battery
- Full HD screen

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Tapatalk 4

Reactions: runtmms

gramps50

Feb 1, 2011
I read today that Samsung is develoing a AMOLED screen for it's high end tablets to be released in 2014

0mega007

Dec 28, 2011
I read today that Samsung is develoing a AMOLED screen for it's high end tablets to be released in 2014

I'll rather have normal LCD, not amoled because of the burn in.

I read it can happen in LCD too but is a lot easier to have it on amoled

HankChill

Jun 23, 2012
Ontario
I hope Samsung doesn't announce an upgrade to the Note 8 anytime soon, I just got mine :)

I would only hope that when an upgrade does come, it isn't as laggy as the Note 2014 edition. The lag on that device is what made me go with the smaller Note 8. The 2014 one just has too many pixels to push and not enough power to do it with.

Out of curiosity, why would people want flash on their rear cameras of a tablet? People already look like a tool when they take pictures with their tablets :cool:

Bateluer

Jul 20, 2010
No tablet should have a rear camera, with flash or not.:p

The Note 10.1 2014 is laggy because of the bloated touchwiz, not due to the lack of capability in the snapdragon 800. Sammy needs to debloat and streamline the skin.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using xda app-developers app

HankChill

Jun 23, 2012
Ontario
No tablet should have a rear camera, with flash or not.:p

The Note 10.1 2014 is laggy because of the bloated touchwiz, not due to the lack of capability in the snapdragon 800. Sammy needs to debloat and streamline the skin.

Oh I agree, touchwiz totally bogs down the Note 10.1 2014. The snapdragon and GPU definitely prove themselves when it comes to the benchmarks. Samsung should release a pure Android (or Google Play Edition) Note 2014. Touchwiz and all of the UI modifications they did (like in settings, notifications panel, etc) is just plain bad.

Oh and just wait for the 12 inch tablets to start hitting the markets, you'll see people holding up their giant screens to take pictures :rolleyes:

Bateluer

Jul 20, 2010
Oh I agree, touchwiz totally bogs down the Note 10.1 2014. The snapdragon and GPU definitely prove themselves when it comes to the benchmarks. Samsung should release a pure Android (or Google Play Edition) Note 2014. Touchwiz and all of the UI modifications they did (like in settings, notifications panel, etc) is just plain bad.

The Note 8 was pretty laggy at launch too, but they cleaned it up considerably. Not sure how well a GPe sku would work though, the stylus and multiwindow features aren't part of AOSP, so you'd probably lose those?

Oh and just wait for the 12 inch tablets to start hitting the markets, you'll see people holding up their giant screens to take pictures :rolleyes:

Makes my brain hurt while the same people have a smartphone in their pocket.

FaeMinx

May 9, 2009
On the subject of having a camera... this Note 8.0 is my digital sketchbook, work diary and general productivity assistant. If I see a nice shape or colours on something I like, I take a few quick snaps of it for sketching or lifting the colours. If I need to show a client the mechanical details of a project I'm doing, I take a few snaps, annotate, and email them off. If I'm reading up on painting techniques in a book I've borrowed from someone else, I photograph the pages I find useful.

How can you say the camera isn't useful? You want me to pull out a phone and then transfer the pics to my tablet... how inconvenient, and besides... my phone has been gathering dust since getting my Note because it just does it all - it's replaced my phone and I could care less what I look like using it.

A flash would be great because then low light conditions would no longer be an issue.

Reactions: cdlrosa

Shanon1

Dec 12, 2013
Sketchbook

I thought it would be a good idea to have a place for all the Note 8 (2014 Edition) frustration and rumors. I am currently holding off on upgrading to the Note 8 because (1) the 10-inch is just too big and (2) the small note requires a carrier contract. So, anyone have a good rumor?

Can you do a test on Sketchbook Pro? or Express? I mainly interested in this tablet because of the stylus, and the I want to know if the pressure sensitivity is functional in Sketchbook.

Shanon1

Dec 12, 2013
rumor touch have threaded text messaging

I thought it would be a good idea to have a place for all the Note 8 (2014 Edition) frustration and rumors. I am currently holding off on upgrading to the Note 8 because (1) the 10-inch is just too big and (2) the small note requires a carrier contract. So, anyone have a good rumor?

I keep reading on different sites that it does, then the next site says it doesn't so i was wondering if it does have threaded text messaging or not. Thankss.

raul4916

Jun 18, 2013
On the subject of having a camera... this Note 8.0 is my digital sketchbook, work diary and general productivity assistant. If I see a nice shape or colours on something I like, I take a few quick snaps of it for sketching or lifting the colours. If I need to show a client the mechanical details of a project I'm doing, I take a few snaps, annotate, and email them off. If I'm reading up on painting techniques in a book I've borrowed from someone else, I photograph the pages I find useful.

How can you say the camera isn't useful? You want me to pull out a phone and then transfer the pics to my tablet... how inconvenient, and besides... my phone has been gathering dust since getting my Note because it just does it all - it's replaced my phone and I could care less what I look like using it.

A flash would be great because then low light conditions would no longer be an issue.

It is true camera isnt the best. If you heavily rely on cameras, this is not the tablet for you; but people(like me) already complained about the price. I bet if they did put an awesome camera they would put the price to $500. If that was the case, I would never have bought this tablet.

intelliriffer

Sep 7, 2012
New Delhi
Can you do a test on Sketchbook Pro? or Express? I mainly interested in this tablet because of the stylus, and the I want to know if the pressure sensitivity is functional in Sketchbook.

I can Only confirm for Sketchbook Pro that Pressure sensitivity does work, The Trick is to adjust pen setting for min and max for Size or opacity..
one thing to note is that though Pen has 1024 levels, around only 60% of that is Practically useable. so The digitizer is more similar to the older graphaire line of wacom tablets as opposed to the newer intuos series with 2048 levels.

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

It is true camera isnt the best. If you heavily rely on cameras, this is not the tablet for you; but people(like me) already complained about the price. I bet if they did put an awesome camera they would put the price to $500. If that was the case, I would never have bought this tablet.
I bought mine for around 500USD add to that around extra 180 for uncovered accidental damages repairs.However I am still very happy with it for most of my needs.Things could,ve been much better at places and some already are perfect as is, but so is the case with everything else that is around.One big this one has is that it fits many productive workflows than the other way round.
If the rumours are correct the upcoming version might be a premium device, perhaps pushing the price much further.
I'd like to see some device with 16:10 and 4:3 ratios . Like a 4:3 becomes 16:10 or vice versa when need be and use extra space to place markers scrollers , indicators etc but a very unlikely thing nevertheless.

casper66m

Nov 21, 2012
I think the galaxy note 8 has two problem:
Battery life
Resolution of LCD
in version 2014 galaxy note 8 has Super AMOLED screen and 3 Gig ram(rumor), that i think make it best device.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Borderless doesn't mean paper thick.... have a note to your note 8, if its borderless, i think everyone except kid size hand can hold it with one hand from the back

That gets very uncomfortable very quickly.

I like to hold my Note with the bottom corner resting in my palm, thumb on the border, and fingers round back... The same way you would reach out and pick up a small framed picture.

It's the 'natural' instinctive way to hold a tablet shaped object of this size... and Samsung knew that.

The border size is spot on IMHO.
    waiting for a borderless note 8

Am I the only one that thinks this would be a bad idea? I mean, if one hand is holding the stylus and screen is borderless...how in the world u holding the tablet without touching the screen? Borderless phones = great, boreless tablet = not so much
    According to this article ,The 8.0 did not sell as well as Samsung expected.

http://bgr.com/2013/09/27/8-inch-tablet-sales-ipad-mini/

I think they may end up focusing on the 7 inch model in the future unless they can bring the price of the 8" down below $250.00 retail.

That article let tries to claim 8 inch tablets are not popular, which is bs. The Acer tablet mentioned was not selling well due to a crappy screen. The Note 8 may not have sold as many just due to its higher price. I MUCH prefer the 8 inch size, over 7. Plus Android tablets have a lot of competition between themselves.

Apple hasn't sold as many as they expected either. The Note 8 is far better than the ipad mini. It has far more features and a better screen.

What they stated may not even be true.
    After owning the note 8 l don't want a 7 inch tablet. The 8 is a perfect size. Just want a a nicer one

I have a 10inch Asus transformer pad... note8 and nexus 7-2013...and trust me note 8 is the best... I hope the note8 with the features of note10, 2014 edition is going to be the ultimate device

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2