Bought one. Time to pick a case

Search This thread

Beowulf_pt

Jul 29, 2010
Lisbon
I got my 12.2 this afternoon. So far so good but now it is time to get a good case, having that big screen unprotected is leaving me nervous.

Anyone having good recommendations?

Tab was pricey but came with a 64gb card and 6 months of Netflix free.

I haven't had much time with it but let me know if you have questions. This is my first tab (of any kind) but I've used Andis for a long time and have a rooted Note 2.

Thanks.

Last edited:

netjack

Jul 28, 2012
you bought the 12.2 note pro or tab pro? i'm looking for the 12.2 tab pro and it's not released yet..

mrhomg

Feb 15, 2014
Bountiful, UT
It doesn't look like the cases from Samsung are out yet, and are only for pre-order at the mo. Also I don't see much in the way of 3rd party yet. It's great to have a bleeding edge device but it sucks to wait for everything like cases, root, etc..

Sent from my SM-T520 using XDA Premium HD app

Beowulf_pt

Jul 29, 2010
Lisbon
you bought the 12.2 note pro or tab pro? i'm looking for the 12.2 tab pro and it's not released yet..

12.2 Note Pro.

I'm not fully sure I will adapt to the size or if I need a tablet at all, so something tells me I might end up selling it in two or three days. That will definitely be a needless loss of money, but sometimes there's no way to know until you experiment.

salemsayed

Jul 20, 2012
12.2 Note Pro.

I'm not fully sure I will adapt to the size or if I need a tablet at all, so something tells me I might end up selling it in two or three days. That will definitely be a needless loss of money, but sometimes there's no way to know until you experiment.

try getting a BT keyboard and mouse, it might make things better, I guess..

TabGuy

Jun 20, 2011
If you search eBay there are a ton of cases for around $20. However, when I pick mine 12.2 up on Sunday I will be getting the Zagg Cover-fit bluetooth keyboard case. (link) I've had the original tab since day 1, almost 3 years ago, and I've been using the Logitec bluetooth case that is very similar to the Zagg case in the link. I literally have about 7 cases for my original tab at home that I've collected over the years but have only used the keyboard/case exclusively since I got it.

The Zagg is $100, which is what the Logitech cost at launch (I got it later on clearance for $15), but it's worth every penny.

dbdynsty25

Jul 13, 2010
Newbury Park, CA
Picked up an 8.4 yesterday and it's fantastic. Literally only the Belkin case is available immediately so I passed on that. I paid 50 for the Samsung Book case on their site...it appears to be available now, so hopefully it gets here quick. Toddler in the house!

Now we just gotta get these things rooted and unlocked with a form of stock Android. Magazine UX is terrible.

jamosjamos

Apr 16, 2012
I like this one.

I've been very happy with this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H1OQYIA/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
The Moko Samsung Galaxy Note PRO & Tab PRO 12.2 Case.
It's cheap, but feels sturdy and nice materials. It has magnetic closure that turns off the screen of my Tab Pro 12.2 when I close the case. It props up nicely. The only minor issues I have are the pen holder is cheap stretchy material and is badly located and the case has a cheap elastic strap designed to help keep it closed. I don't use the strap. I may cut it off, but it's not intrusive.