Do you wish you have bigger ram?

Search This thread

kiko321

Jul 29, 2014
Im on xt1033 (no external sd). Im satisfied with the performance on my moto g but i hate it when i switch app (browser) sometimes it reloads the whole page as if it closes the browser because it doesnt have enough ram. I watched a couple of vids in yt about adding ram thru sd card, sadly ours dont have external sd card. I know we can partition our internal storage, right? Anyone here have done this? So we can add it as ram? I have 16gb model and i still have 7.5gb of free storage i have my phone for 8months now so im pretty sure im not needing more storage anytime soon. Anyone wanna try to experiment on this? So we can add another 500mb or a gig of ram?

pfufle

Aug 22, 2013
Use a different ROM which has a little different policy of managing RAM... I too was frustrated by this problem but I have tried many ROMs but to no avail...Then I tried nexus 5 experience ROM and that has fixed the problem for me...So basically just use a custom ROM

---------------------------------------------------------
Hit the thanks button if I helped you 8)

Reactions: xenas

kiko321

Jul 29, 2014
Hi, thanks for the suggestion but I'm not open to try any custom rom as of the moment. As long as the stock is the current version. I will still go with the stock.

oversleeper

Jun 24, 2014
Melbourne
Hi, thanks for the suggestion but I'm not open to try any custom rom as of the moment. As long as the stock is the current version. I will still go with the stock.

It's a 150 dollars device... it's even too much good for its price. My average ram consumption with the phone just rebooted is around 500mb, you need to check which apps use too much ram (like 30mb+) and close them or, with root, you can prevent them from boot. Anyway, apps that require big amount of ram will always reload if you leave them in background.

liveroy

Jun 8, 2007
/dev/null
www.gear-bg.com
As said above, you can't expect much more of such a cheap device as the Moto G.

On the other hand, 1GB RAM is still quite good amount to run you off pretty much everything. You can have insufficient RAM only if you use your phone as a computer replacement, which is very bad idea.
In that case you should get for example Xperia Z, which is way more suitable for that purpose or Note2. This will cost you significantly more cash of course.

Also you can't increase your RAM off the storage of the device, being it sd or emmc. You can't repartition the emmc either, this will most likely hard brick the device.
Swap is not a substitute for RAM and it never have been.

kiko321

Jul 29, 2014
Thanks, i already have the boot manager via xposed module but still im experiencing it. anyway it was just an idea. Coz i have a lot of space in my internal.

I just noticed that even if i still have 100+ mb of free ram background app still reloads when reopen.

3RAN7ON

Nov 12, 2013
Phoenix
Thanks, i already have the boot manager via xposed module but still im experiencing it. anyway it was just an idea. Coz i have a lot of space in my internal.

I just noticed that even if i still have 100+ mb of free ram background app still reloads when reopen.

I would recommend the Android Assistant app, it has a lot of features including a boot manager and also an easy button to free up RAM. There is ads tho unless you use Adaway.

My biggest gripe with the lack of ram on the G is when I'm trying to stream Pandora while using the navigation...I usually end up driving in silence until the annoying lady tells me where to go

pfufle

Aug 22, 2013
The best way to prevent your problem is fine tuning minfree controls...I use trickster mod to make these settings...Do go through this link...It gives you details on how to fine tune them to solve your problem...
http://m.androidcentral.com/fine-tuning-minfree-settings-improving-androids-multi-tasking

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Use a different ROM which has a little different policy of managing RAM... I too was frustrated by this problem but I have tried many ROMs but to no avail...Then I tried nexus 5 experience ROM and that has fixed the problem for me...So basically just use a custom ROM