[STOCK][ICS][RUU] RUU_Shooter_ICS_35_S_Sprint_WWE_VM_1.13.652.2.exe

Search This thread

closeone

Jan 11, 2012
Will be making two PG86IMGs:

one for people who have already taken the first vm update and are not affected by the first leak
and one for people who want updated radio/asdp without the side effects of the first leak

Just to add to this. I'm relatively sure that freeza can attest to this. If everything is working fine right now, and you (the user of the EVO 3D) are satisfied with the experience, I would suggest not flashing it yet. When things settle down, ROM developers will tell you if you absolutely need to upgrade anything. I just wouldn't do it for the sake of doing it.

Sorry. Just my two cents.
Thanks Whosdaman for the post, and freeza for the status update. ;)

~co~

mingolianbeef

Apr 14, 2011
Dude I hope that roms made from this build don't require s-off :( I can't get it to work to save my freaking life.!

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA

geek4u86

Jan 21, 2012
kalamazoo
Well for one, it is an actual executable file. 2, probably bug fixes. And about the VM firmware, I have no idea. It has Sprint in the name of the file, so I can only assume this is a Sprint RUU as well.

Sprint owns virgin mobile so pry anything released for one is sum what compatable with each othere

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

Last edited:

closeone

Jan 11, 2012
Dude I hope that roms made from this build don't require s-off :( I can't get it to work to save my freaking life.!

Don't attempt to flash it. Please ognimnella. For right now.

Sprint owns virgin mobile so pry anything released for one is sum what compatable with each othere

There's a little more to it than that. Trust me... it's different.

~co~

ramjet73

Jan 12, 2006
Honolulu, Hawaii
Well thankfully no one on Sprint can flash this straight forward. So it takes someone with some know how to figure it out :)

Actually, a Sprint user with S-On could flash it from Windows as long as they relock the bootloader first. That's how I updated to the 2.17.651.5 RUU when I was S-On.

As someone suggested, it would be a good idea to update the OP to reflect that this RUU contains Virgin Mobile stuff and not to flash it unless you don't care about that.

ramje73

closeone

Jan 11, 2012
Actually, a Sprint user with S-On could flash it from Windows as long as they relock the bootloader first. That's how I updated to the 2.17.651.5 RUU when I was S-On.

As someone suggested, it would be a good idea to update the OP to reflect that this RUU contains Virgin Mobile stuff and not to flash it unless you don't care about that.

ramje73

Actually, it shouldn't if I understand correctly. The mainversion is lower.

(Apologies if I am wrong)

~co~

geek4u86

Jan 21, 2012
kalamazoo
Don't attempt to flash it. Please ognimnella. For right now.

There's a little more to it than that. Trust me... it's different.

~co~

I'm not sayin its not different... I simply said there close in origin meaning the same company on the same cdma network.. like boost n sprint vs boost n Nextel (iden)

jamexman

Aug 20, 2011
i cannot make any sense what this means. all i asked, was if anyone could get the radios and whatnot and put them into a PC86xxx.zip
i just don't understand your comment.

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

i failed to realize this is Virgin Mobile... Since i Saw Sprint WWE in the filename. kk nvm then... still wouldnt be a problem to flash a VM radio, since it is still using Sprint's network...

still dont know why someone would say to "give" my phone... so confused.

Seriously? Do a little more research before just happy flashing anything to your phone. Last time people tried flashing VM radio/firmware stuff to their phones they were f....d up and they had to find a way to go back.

That's why he was being sarcastic, if you were going to flash that to your phone and "f" it up, you may as well give the phone to him for free :)

Reactions: spoudumen

mteezey

Oct 24, 2011
Detroit
This op defiantly needs to be corrected so no noobs run this and screw themselves. If you run ruu exe while your s off it will give you s on. Unlike pg86img which you can flash and remain s-off. So on top of the fact its not a sprint ruu it is incorrect on instructions too.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Whosdaman

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 9, 2008
Gainesville, Florida
This op defiantly needs to be corrected so no noobs run this and screw themselves. If you run ruu exe while your s off it will give you s on. Unlike pg86img which you can flash and remain s-off. So on top of the fact its not a sprint ruu it is incorrect on instructions too.

That's not true. Once s off is on it can only be enabled by entering the command on fast boot. I know this from experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

t4d73

Sep 28, 2011

In not s-off or HTC unlocked but if I just went and flashed the ruu would it work? I really want ICS but want to wait for official and not screw up my phone. Thanks.

ramjet73

Jan 12, 2006
Honolulu, Hawaii
In not s-off or HTC unlocked but if I just went and flashed the ruu would it work? I really want ICS but want to wait for official and not screw up my phone. Thanks.

According to closeone, who developed the toolkit for the Hboot 1.4 downgrade, that shouldn't work since the "mainversion" in this RUU is lower than the current Sprint RUU, but I wouldn't recommend it anyway because you could end up with Virgin Mobile firmware that is hard to remove. No one is even sure if the official Sprint RUU will replace all the traces of the VM firmware.

If you do decide to try it, let us know how it works out.

ramjet73

Last edited:

closeone

Jan 11, 2012
According to closeone, who developed the toolkit for the Hboot 1.4 downgrade, that shouldn't work since the "mainversion" in this RUU is lower than the current Sprint RUU, but I wouldn't recommend it anyway because you could end up with Virgin Mobile firmware that is hard to remove. No one is even sure if the official Sprint RUU will replace all the traces of the VM firmware.

ramjet73

I'm with ramjet73 here. I wouldn't even attempt to flash it. My guess, is that the official release OTA update will be out within the next month. The wait is not worth messing up your phone. Patience. ;)

~co~

t4d73

Sep 28, 2011

ramjet73

I think ill pass for right now lol. Unless someone really thinks it would be fine. Even then it sounds pretty scary.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks to BriefMobile.com!

This is the first executable RUU ICS leak for the EVO 3D and possibly the final release. It probably contains a new HBOOT, so make sure you have S-OFF before flashing. This will wipe your data!!

RUU_Shooter_ICS_35_S_Sprint_WWE_VM_1.13.652.2.exe

Mod Edit:
    This appears to be an updated VM or hybrid Sprint/VM build with new h-boot. This is not necessarily meant for the Sprint version. IF you want to flash this you do so at your own risk, but please read through the thread first!

Will be making two PG86IMGs:

one for people who have already taken the first vm update and are not affected by the first leak
    and one for people who want updated radio/asdp without the side effects of the first leak
    This is Virgin Mobile, just an updated version. Not officially for our phones in place of "VM" it will say "SPCS" for us.

Ahh okay, well I hope this helps y'all out in fixing up your current ICS builds. I'll see if I can get a Sprint SPCS RUU.exe :)

ramjet73

I'm with ramjet73 here. I wouldn't even attempt to flash it. My guess, is that the official release OTA update will be out within the next month. The wait is not worth messing up your phone. Patience. ;)

~co~
    The true Sprint version will definitely be at least a 3.x.x.x, It's consistent with HTC's release patterns.

This Looks to be a Sprint/VM hybrid. My guess is that they have added a few sprint apps, maybe the HTC Sense social media stuff back in... and maybe even the sprint zone stuff. But we'll see, I'm gonna take a look at this though for the firmware to see if it might fix some VM issues people been having.