[ROM][5/21] CleanROM AT&T SE 3.0 -★| AT&T MC3 Base | Fast! | Clean! | Stable! |★-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks man you are the best
A little something as a Thank you: 8JU214715H327410U

Thank you sir!

Too generous!

I can confirm that this Rom does have kernel support. I used.. Note2Core v1.06 - Standard, OC, Extreme, AsylumCore,
I flashed the extreme version and here was my Quadrant score!
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

All ROMs have kernel support. Every ROM needs a kernel. So maybe support is not the right thing to call it. BUt yeah... You know what I am saying...

Just installed it and works very well. One thing I did notice, and just wanted to see if it was just me or not, but the brightness button only goes from Auto To 100% no matter what setting I set it to.

Not sure on that... Will need to look at it when I get home tonight.

All good, man I'm so overwhelmed on how stable and responsive this Rom is. I needed that flash light!

Yeah, I know how it is! You need something, you need something!
No issues. Working perfectly! Thank you!

Good deal!

I just realized my messaging doesn't work. This is the foreclosure I get
Strange... I did a quick google srearch of that error... And I see it happening on Note II stock ROMS as well.

Here is one example: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=35587764&postcount=149

Did you add any mods or anything at all?

Furioustylez

Jun 27, 2011
Did you add any mods or anything at all?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I added a kernel and your toggles, but then I re flashed back without the kernel or toggles, same thing.

royalh

Feb 25, 2006
Portland
Just installed it and works very well. One thing I did notice, and just wanted to see if it was just me or not, but the brightness button only goes from Auto To 100% no matter what setting I set it to.
Use the slider to set the max level when the auto brightness is on and when it is off.

If auto brightness is unchecked the Brightness will be at what the slider is at.

When the auto brightness is on, the max brightness will be at where the slider is and any level below that depending on the ambient lighting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

strikeIII

Jun 18, 2005
Chicago, IL.
Use the slider to set the max level when the auto brightness is on and when it is off.

If auto brightness is unchecked the Brightness will be at what the slider is at.

When the auto brightness is on, the max brightness will be at where the slider is and any level below that depending on the ambient lighting.

Yes, but the toggle isn't working like that. The toggle either sets it to dim or auto no matter what. Also, I noticed that after installing the toggle mod and when I dock my note I my task bar crashes and gives me a funky message and when I hit ok my task bar disappears them reloads. See attached photo. Anyway I can uninstall the toggle mod without having to do a restore so I can verify that this is the cause?
uploadfromtaptalk1357099583370.jpg

Sent from AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II...

Last edited:

strikeIII

Jun 18, 2005
Chicago, IL.
Yes, but the toggle isn't working like that. The toggle either sets it to dim or auto no matter what. Also, I noticed that after installing the toggle mod and when I dock my note I my task bar crashes and gives me a funky message and when I hit ok my task bar disappears them reloads. See attached photo. Anyway I can uninstall the toggle mod without having to do a restore so I can verify that this is the cause?
View attachment 1609887

I installed the 23 toggle mod that is posted on TEKHD's thread and that one doesn't seem to crash when I dock my note. It looks like there maybe an issue with the way the brightness toggle interacts with the dock modes brightness settings. But of course this only affects the few people that actually use the dock.

Scott

View attachment 1609887

Yep, thats being caused by the System UI....

Looks like it back to the drawing board...

fongher10

Jun 12, 2007
Need flashlight on the status bar pls :)
Anyone know which toggle mod works properly with this rom? Thanks.

agentplaid

Oct 30, 2010
Albuquerque
Really smooth ROM for the GN2

Hey, scrosler, this ROM is really nice work. I just jumped back into the Android pool after a while with the iPhone, and this ROM makes the GN2 one smooth piece of equipment. 0LE70954PG599354V means a little something coming your way - keep it up!

fongher10

Jun 12, 2007
Look at the 3rd post in this thread.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

downloaded but haven't installed. Doing it after setting app configs. Since it was stated as testing I didn't bother reading through the thread to see what people's finding were. Using a app for flashlight now, just not as convenient. Thanks.

Careyst

Nov 24, 2012
New York City
I just tried to delete a conversation in the messaging app via the settings > delete thread, and it would not let me. It just acted like it worked and the convo's were still there. Anyone else try this and get the same result?

lawmandds

Oct 4, 2007
I just deleted 6 convo threads with the settings delete and had no problems...all of them gone.

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

I also cannot recreate the brightness/docking problem, mine works fine. I did however have tekhd's 23 toggle innstalled before I did the lidroid 15 toggle mod and just flashed it over top of it without wiping anything.

Careyst

Nov 24, 2012
New York City
I just deleted 6 convo threads with the settings delete and had no problems...all of them gone.

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

I also cannot recreate the brightness/docking problem, mine works fine. I did however have tekhd's 23 toggle innstalled before I did the lidroid 15 toggle mod and just flashed it over top of it without wiping anything.

Thanks for the info. I just tried it again. After i click delete, mine just moves down to the bottom of the list. It does not leave the messaging app, just moves to the bottom. I tried to reboot. Same story.

volumnus

Nov 27, 2008
Minor issue with toggle mod in post 3. I like my phone to ring and vibrate at the same time. I always select vibrate and ring using the toggle mod. However, every time I reboot the phone, it changes back to just ring. I have to change it to ring and vibrate every time I reboot, for it doesn't remember my choice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

Scott

I installed the 23 toggle mod that is posted on TEKHD's thread and that one doesn't seem to crash when I dock my note. It looks like there maybe an issue with the way the brightness toggle interacts with the dock modes brightness settings. But of course this only affects the few people that actually use the dock.

I think you are on to something but not sure how...

Thanks for the info. I just tried it again. After i click delete, mine just moves down to the bottom of the list. It does not leave the messaging app, just moves to the bottom. I tried to reboot. Same story.

Strange.

royalh

Feb 25, 2006
Portland
I had a similar issue when I restored all my texts from a backup through myphoneexplorer... What I ended up doing was wiping all texts and starting from scratch. Problem resolved.

Scott

Figured out the lidroid issue!

The permissions on the file Android.Manifest where all screwed up because of it being from a 4.1.1 base...

I re-ported 23 Toggles from scratch.

Bam, works perfect!

Except reboot and flashlight...

Same problem I had before.

So obviously I cannot just swap sigs because the permissions are different

I have to add these two permissions to the K8 Android.Manifest.xml

Code:
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.REBOOT" />
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.CAMERA" />

When I add those Permissions and recompile I loose SysUI all together...

I never had a permissions issue before so this is a new one to me...

Other than that 23 Toggle is perfect and rebuilt from Pure AT&T base...

If anyone knows how to help speak now or forever hold you peace...

-Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][5/21] CleanROM AT&T SE 3.0 -★| AT&T MC3 Base | Fast! | Clean! | Stable! |★-

CR-ATT-3.0.png

about.png

• This is an AT&T Special Edition ROM!
    • Its cored from the AT&T MC3 OTA!
    • The intent of this ROM is for AT&T users to have a dedicated base!
    • Others may use this on there variant phone but its not supported!
    • I will only support AT&T users on this Special Edition Build!
    • CleanROM is targeted to the towards the user that wants a stock ROM experience with the ability to choose the features and functions they want, demand performance and expect stability!
    • CleanROM is based on the latest AT&T Stock ROM! Jellybean 4.1.2 Base and is De-Odex!
    • CleanROM is Fast, Clean, and STABLE!
    • CleanROM is one of the best supported ROMS in the "industry!"
    • Support for Newbs and Verterns alike is given at www.scottsroms.com regardless of post count!
    • Please read post #2! It contains Useful Info!

features.png

• Aroma Installer Options:
      • Boot Animation Support: Yes or No
      • Launchers: Stock TouchWiz, Touchwiz 5x4 layout, TouchWiz 5x6 Layout, Apex Launcher, Nova Launcher
      • Keyboards: Stock, Android 4.2, Swype
      • AT&T and Samsung Apps: MyAT&T, AT&T Visual Voicemail, AT&T Messages, Kies, Samsung Photo Editor, Paper Artist, Polaris Office, AllShare Play, Mobile Print, S4 Accuweather Widget, S4 Program Monitor Widget, S Voice (Note II), S Voice (S4)
      • File Manager: ES File Explorer or Stock File Manager
      • Google Apps: Play Store, Gmail, Maps, Streetview for Maps, Talk, YouTube, Play Music, Google Now and Voice Search, Voice, Google+
      • Misc Apps: Ad Blocking HOST file, Drop Box, Terminal Emulator, Adobe Flash, Amazon App Store, Samsung Multi Window App
    • Based on AT&T 'MC3' OTA
    • Multi Window Control Mod to add or remove any app you want!
    • WiFi Tether Unlocked!
    • Boot animation can be changed See post #2!
    • Unsecure boot image with init.d support!
    • Performance and Stability that is nothing short of Legendary!
    • Extended Power Menu!

changes.png

Version 3.0 - 5/21/2013
    • Rebuilt: Rebuilt on latest I317UCAMC3 AT&T Base
    • Rebuilt: Extra Touchwiz Launcher Layouts on newer base!
    • Added: The Following OPTIONAL S4 Apps: S Voice, AccuWeather Widget, Program Monitor Widget!
    • Removed: LiDroid Toggles (Now included in ROM Base)
    • Changed: New App for MultiWindow Mod!
    • Changed: Can now have boot Animation Sounds
    • Changed: Tether Provision method. Read more here (interesting loop hole I found): YATH (Yet another tether hack)
    • Updated: All Apps that required it!

installation.png

• Must have custom recovery installed. I recommend the latest version of twrp.
    • Copy ROM to storage
    • Reboot to Recovery
    • Recommend Factory Reset in Recovery!
    • Flash ROM and Select Options!
    • Reboot to System
    • Profit!

thanks.png

• All the Admins at www.scottsroms.com!
    • Aramulz for the installer binaries!
    • dsixda for his killer kitchen scripts!
    • An most importantly all people who support my work!

(Tapatalk / XDA App Users use your web browser to see the links or Download from PC!!!!
    I dont recommend downloading from a mobile device!)

MD5.png

CFD7B576D09969C6F756CE14D955F94B

Donations are gladly accepted but never expected! :)
    Please hit Thanks and Rate the thread 5 Stars :)
    usefull.png

Boot Animation Info
    • If you choose Stock Animations then you can use THESE animations!
    • If you choose Custom Animations then you can use THESE animations (or any other you find you like)!
      attachment.php

LiDroid Toggles with differnt Style Status Bar Icons
    N2-SB-Icons.png

Download HERE
    If you would like AllShare to work with this ROM you need to flash the attached boot.img and then run TriangleAway!

attachment.php
    CleanROM AT&T Special Edition v1.1 is out!

CROM-3.5-N2.png

AT&T Special Edition!

changes.png

Changes in version 1.1 - 1/10/2013
    • Changed: Kernel to latest L7 kernel to eliminates Eyxons Exploit!
    • Added: AT&T Visual Voice Mail as option during install!
    • Added: AT&T Messages as option during install!
    • Added: Lidroid / Wanam 23 Toggle Mod as option during install!
    • Added: Amazon App store as option during install!
    • Rebuilt: Aroma Installer around new options!
    • Updated: All Apps that required it!

Donations are gladly accepted but never expected! :)
    Please hit Thanks and Rate the thread 5 Stars :)

Eyxons Exploit is Gone (but needs to be tested!

The Aroma installer was completely re-worked! Pay attention when installing!!

Please give up some "Thanks" in the OP!

Last verison of this ROM had 1000+ downloads and only 90 Thanks in the OP. Please hit thanks in the OP so I can re-assure myself making two differnt ROMS for the same device is a good use of my time :good:

Enjoy!

-Scott
    Ok guys....

CleanROM 4.0 is uploading!

Lots of feedback went into this ROM! I think I actually pushed the limits of my skills.

Its nice....

Please hit "Thanks" if you are wantin' to see it! I would love to see 23K before upload and maybe 25K in the near future.

I dont get paid to do this other than the pure enjoyment I get from my Thanks and Downloads meter going up. Help a brother with Thanks :good: