(App) Audiogalaxy

Search This thread

nndosi

Apr 18, 2010
Can't seem to get it to work on my HD2 - running the Energy rom series with FroyoStone as my Android interface. Keeps saying "Can't connect to its servers - if you've installed AdFree it incorrectly blocks audiogalaxy...etc" Needless to say I don't have AdFree installed...can anyone help?

EDIT: Found the solution on the main website...works fine now!

Last edited:

martian21

Sep 12, 2010
Fort Wayne, IN
Is there something similar to audiogalaxy for UNIX system?

I have Subsonic setup on my Linux server. It has performed flawlessly. It requires a 10 pound (~$16) donation in order to be able to use the mobile clients (Android / iPhone) for more than 30 days but thus far it has been money well spent!

I too would like the option to have custom bit rate. Especially, when using over cellular network.

Subsonic can do this. It uses the Lame codec (for Mp3) and supports several others for other audio formats to convert and then stream. You can actually store your files as .flac and stream them as 128 kbps Mp3 to your phone!

mancterrier

Sep 2, 2010
Just used this for the first time, very impressed under initial use. Has anyone used it when out and about. Works great on my wifi network but I'd be interested how it plays with a average connection ....?

BASS HERO

Jun 9, 2010
I cannot get this to install. I tried pushing from the terminal emulator on the phone...access denied. Tried pushing it via shell on the pc and it spit out a bunch of commands that I can do to make things happen.....I'm a little lost on this one. I tried searching around and attempted other ways of pushing .apk's.....no luck. any help is much appreciated.

-SNOW

Klyentel

Aug 23, 2009
Cary, NC
bit.ly
Just to be clear:

I AM NOT THE MAKER NOR FOUNDER OF THIS APP. I AM SIMPLY A HAPPY USER THAT CARED ENOUGH TO SHARE WITH MY FELLOW USERS. PLEASE DO NOT OFFER ME DONATIONS OR ANY CREDIT FOR IT. A SIMPLE THANK YOU FOR SHARING WILL BE FINE:)

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THE DEVELOPERS OF THIS APPLICATION YOU CAN FIND THEM
HERE

mancterrier

Sep 2, 2010
I cannot get this to install. I tried pushing from the terminal emulator on the phone...access denied. Tried pushing it via shell on the pc and it spit out a bunch of commands that I can do to make things happen.....I'm a little lost on this one. I tried searching around and attempted other ways of pushing .apk's.....no luck. any help is much appreciated.

-SNOW
Just download from the market!

Sent from my Orange San Francisco using XDA App

mancterrier

Sep 2, 2010
if dev does read this any chance of a widget with album art?

Mangraa

May 13, 2010
Heh

I've had Subsonic for... a few months now, and I agree that it is pretty damned awesome. So we'll see how Audiogalaxy fares in comparison, and I'll keep in mind AG is still being developed (I assume), as is SubSonic. Subsonic already does server-side storage of playlists, randomize playlists, offline caching.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist or anything of the sort, but one major difference I already see between the two is that Subsonic is run on my own server, it's a direct line between it and me. AG requires a sign-up process, and the terms of service do say something about essentially making sure your files are legal and legit. I'm not saying it's some "trap" (IT'S A TRAP!) set up by the RIAA or anything of the sort, but ...

And don't forget, kids, Dropbox's app supports RTSP streaming. Ayup. Dunno about box.net (5 gigs free) but will test it pronto.

Mangraa

May 13, 2010
Well, Audiogalaxy looks like it has promise. It doesn't appear to do caching at the moment, and they do allow people to share their music with each other... I wonder how that works legally, since if they're able to get away with it on a streaming-only basis, I would assume they're not going to allow actual downloading of music files (for caching) so they don't get shut down again like they did before (Napster-style RIAA fun)

Box.net does not support streaming, it appears.

And I dunno about Dropbox anymore, I swear it used to, and maybe it still kind of does (but it more plays on the fly like Subsonic than true "streaming") but dropbox will launch your music player and start playing whatever you select. Didn't see if it actually downloads it or not.

So if you don't mind not having local versions of your mp3s, Audiogalaxy looks like a decent service. I prefer SubSonic, since I can cache a TON of stuff and still make local playlists out of it for those times without reception, or being able to use said playlists in other apps. But if AudioGalaxy plays their cards right, they may really make out well; Android platform = tons of devices, legal issues will inevitably come up but they're probably being real careful nowadays and know what not to do, and hell.. the founder created what would later be bought and renamed Microsoft Live Sync.

The sharing of music portion is going to be a real pull, but I still wonder about legality, even more after seeing this same company/people were already shut down once. But who knows?

Klyentel

Aug 23, 2009
Cary, NC
bit.ly
Just download from the market!

Yes by all means folks, this app is available in the market if you prefer to download that way. The links are simply for those who would like a copy of the apk on their pc, if you're like me, I keep apks backed up on pc and sd, for easy restoring, installing, etc. Especially when the market is down or laggy.

Titanimum is good for backing up apps, but if something happens to your sdcard (internal or external), thats it...all your titanium backups are gone. Which is why I backup on PC as well.

DKYang

Mar 19, 2009
This is a good app, but since it doesn't support folder structures or custom made playlists, I'm not gonna be using it for now. Yes, I know it can sync with iTunes playlists, but I don't use iTunes and never will on a Windows.

For now, I'm sticking with Gmote on the phone and AudioGalaxy on browser when I'm on another computer.

djkdawg

Mar 22, 2008
dallas
This is a good app, but since it doesn't support folder structures or custom made playlists, I'm not gonna be using it for now. Yes, I know it can sync with iTunes playlists, but I don't use iTunes and never will on a Windows.

For now, I'm sticking with Gmote on the phone and AudioGalaxy on browser when I'm on another computer.

my audiogalaxy supports folder structures.

all my mp3s are grouped in folders by their album names and appears fine on audiogalaxy on my phone and web browser, just organize your music

jblade1000

Jul 19, 2009
i still like jukefly personally, but winamp just came out. can anybody comment on that and whether that can work just as well?

Goose0121

Sep 13, 2010
pearland
dang, now i can keep my SD card free for ISO and videos this app is awesome plays very well on my dusty 3g connection

nacron

Dec 30, 2005
Hawaii
Wow, I was wondering why audiogalaxy sounded familiar....it was one of those illegal download joints back in the day between napster and kazaa

miketunes

Sep 26, 2008
anyone know what bitrate audiogalaxy streams at? I'd like to have the highest quality posible - Subsonic seems to as it copies the orginal file. Subsonic handle my 10,000+ songs playlist though.