Trident Kraken now out!

Search This thread

heffe2001

Jun 9, 2010
Says in the description that it comes with a belt-clip/holster, guess I'll order the green when it comes in stock, if they don't add much bulk over the Seidio Active I'm using now..

clintb

Jan 8, 2007
I just received the Trident Aegis case, in black, for my TB and can tell you this is one very high quality case. I had an Otterbox Commuter for my DINC and it was kinda cheesy for the price. The Aegis is what I'd consider the equivalent of the OB Commuter, but much higher quality. If anyone is sitting on the fence deciding between the Otterbox Defender and this newly released Kraken, I'd lean towards the Kraken.

himmelhauk

Mar 19, 2007
Texas
What an awesome looking case! Great find :) I like that it has the dust covers over the mic and cam. And here I was all set to buy an Otterbox Defender case tomorrow lol.

The Seidio Defense case they sell at Best Buy under the name PT is pretty solid as well, it has a rubber covering over the cam that you just flip around when you need to use it, but I had to pass on it since it has no built in screen protector. I enjoy having a completely wrapped phone.

After perusing the Aegis cases, I gotta say I love the color/pattern scheme of it, but I would prefer the protection the Kraken offers, though I'm not as big on the Kraken look. Such a tough choice!

Last edited:

Zomb!e

Jul 19, 2010
I just received the Trident Aegis case, in black, for my TB and can tell you this is one very high quality case. I had an Otterbox Commuter for my DINC and it was kinda cheesy for the price. The Aegis is what I'd consider the equivalent of the OB Commuter, but much higher quality. If anyone is sitting on the fence deciding between the Otterbox Defender and this newly released Kraken, I'd lean towards the Kraken.

Would you mind posting pics if you can?

Sent from Zeus' Thunderbolt

heffe2001

Jun 9, 2010
Those of you with either case - how bad is it with lint? I heard these cases are terrible with lint.

I have an Aegis on my Nook Color, and it does attract lint on the rubber bits. Wouldn't be a huge deal for me as I don't put mine in my pocket normally (I use the belt clip on my phone pretty much all the time).

Anybody who ordered the Aegis for the TB, did it have a clip included, or is it just the case only?

heffe2001

Jun 9, 2010
Aegis series is just the case... I use it with the Seidio Active Holster I bought...
So the Aegis fits the Seidio Active holster without any issues? I've got one of those already (and a Seidio/Patriot case/holster, and a Case-Mate-Barely there, and a... I see a pattern here, Case addiction is a bad thing, lol).

praiseyevon

Sep 3, 2010
I just recieved my Aegis case. It's a good case. I'm coming from an HTC Eris with Otterbox dual layer case. This case isn't dual layer, but it's dual sided, and seems tougher around the corners where contact is most likely to be made. It looks good, feels good in the hand. It does add bulk and will set you back $20-30. The heft of this device with the case is closing on half a pound!

Top Liked Posts