OTA_RUNNYMEDE_ICS_35_S_HTC_Europe_2.31.401.2-1.05.401.4_R2_release

Search This thread

Alex-V

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 26, 2008
Is there another way to install this update FOTA? And then I have people in our interest.

yes...if anyone that installed the fota...make a nandroid backup and post us the system partition...(no personal data) the easiest way to make a custom rom... :) (because inside the fota are also patch files...and only rename the abc.apk.p to abc.apk is not enough)

with kind regards

AndroHero

May 28, 2010
Manchester
yes...if anyone that installed the fota...make a nandroid backup and post us the system partition...(no personal data) the easiest way to make a custom rom... :) (because inside the fota are also patch files...and only rename the abc.apk.p to abc.apk is not enough)

with kind regards

can i just adb pull /system/ ? i just installed the update now and i'll grab it for you :)

Alex-V

Aug 26, 2008

Schumi 01

Dec 17, 2009
Caerphilly
so many thx :) now i wait that my phone arrive...(hope it come tomorrow) really big thx...this can be easy used to make a custom rom :) format is now like a ruu rom.zip

with kind regards

Alex, if i am reading it right, what you are saying is we don't flash a Rom no more, we just double click on the RUU file and it will install the custom rom for us ??

Alex-V

Aug 26, 2008
Alex, if i am reading it right, what you are saying is we don't flash a Rom no more, we just double click on the RUU file and it will install the custom rom for us ??

no....

heres only the system...no kernel...

but the fota update brings patches inside...not for all complete new files...and canot easy patched on a pc...so the update on phone do the work...now all files are files and not patches...

ps: your thinking is not complete false...if you find someone that loads a complete dump (with all files) you must know what hboot the new rom have (think ics have other hboot-partition size)...make a factory reset and restore the backup...and you done...i eg..always backup the original phone rom..

with kind regards

Reactions: Schumi 01

claudenegm

Aug 16, 2011
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts