is there a usb otg cable that'll power the phone and allow usb connections?

Search This thread

tracerit

Jan 7, 2008
Orange County, CA
i like to use my nexus 5/7 to connect to my computer at home through VNC but it draws up quite a bit of power. Is it possible to have a OTG cable that'll connect to the MicroUSB port of the phone and then two cables come out, one that has female MicroUSB port to charge the phone, and a second cable that's a female USB port so I can connect a USB mouse to?

Thanks

3DSammy

May 5, 2011
Toronto
i like to use my nexus 5/7 to connect to my computer at home through VNC but it draws up quite a bit of power. Is it possible to have a OTG cable that'll connect to the MicroUSB port of the phone and then two cables come out, one that has female MicroUSB port to charge the phone, and a second cable that's a female USB port so I can connect a USB mouse to?

Thanks

I have not tried this myself but read on other devices that OTG Y cables will do what your asking.
http://www.amazon.com/Micro-Cable-Power-Nexus-Galaxy/dp/B00CXAC1ZW

Be warned that sometimes the specific device will not support concurrent charging. The cable link above specifically mentions the Nexus 7. Read the reviews.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

kolyan

Jan 8, 2008
I have that cable, it does charge the phone but stick doesn't get mounted. I haven't tried to make it work or anything because I don't use it.