[N2E] Games for Nook STR

Search This thread

apeine

Mar 9, 2011
Sao Paulo
Hello folks,

I've been looking around for a couple of games for the Nook STR. I've got several "slow movement" games to run properly: sudoku, reversi and gobandroid.
Is there any other recommended game? A RPG maybe? Maybe card games?

TDO

Feb 15, 2006
Stop the spamming of the NOOK COLOR Themes and Apps forum.

There are areas for deviceces without own forum.

Gin1212

Jan 26, 2011

I don't agree... The Nook clearly deserves a forum more than most of the devices that have been crowded into those other forums. Not only that, the Nook is pretty much a Nook Color under the hood =\, so optimizations in the Nook Color could possibly be brought over if the devs or future devs are made more aware of what's going on with it.

Besides... Every Nook Touch topic i've seen is labeled with [N2E] not to hard to avoid =|

Reactions: Michael.Rose

Michael.Rose

Mar 21, 2006
Huntington, NY
Chess works great! It is almost as if it were meant for it all along. I am surprised frankly that B&N didn't bundle a few little board game apps on the Nook2 in the first place.

Also, Akinator (guessing game) works as well.

Michael.Rose

Mar 21, 2006
Huntington, NY
Tic tac toe!

Tic tac toe works with a friend using Freenote! ;)

Okay, the Nook running Freenote only serves as scratch paper to play the game, but nevertheless it worked.

coenna

Jan 29, 2011
The sudoku app Andoku Sudoku ( com.googlecode.andoku ) has fairly little flickering.

Has anyone found a sudoku app that is even better suited for the Nook eink screen?

Please name specific apps (not just types of apps). There are a whole lot of chess apps so getting details on one that runs well on Nook saves time.

tebra

Dec 8, 2010
Games working on my Nook Touch:
  • Crimson Fields
  • Andoku
  • Four in a Row HD
Find it on the market

apeine

Mar 9, 2011
Sao Paulo
Tried some, but most of them has some level of ghosting:
Working so far:
- Klondike
- Reversi free
- Nemo picross
- GObandroid (to play Go! - very good)
- Super Sudoku
- Klondike free
- Dark nova (used to love Space Trader on my old Treo)

Still looking for a viable RPG - I guess Eye of the Beholder ou Bard's Tale style would work.

endor43

Jul 15, 2011
Nethack and the Slashem variant are both great for the nook! Maybe its a little to retro for some but IMO you can't beat a classic like nethack. There's your rpg :)

Last edited:

Gogolo2

Nov 30, 2011
Here are some other great games:

Slitherlink.

Curvy (For two colored puzzles you have to set the second color to the middle between white and black).

Droid Fish. One oft the best chess engines with a very nice sleek design, perfect for the touch. Cuckoo engine with very low setting is great for kids learning chess - it makes a lot of mistakes :)

Shift. Black and White! Sadly almost unplayable without multitouch. Edit: Search for v1.2, works great and is maybe the only platform game working on STR :)

Last edited:

apeine

Mar 9, 2011
Sao Paulo
Thanks for the tip, gogolo2. Will try that! My buttons are already mapped.

Does anybody know where I can download FALLEN REALMS? It is a free app, but I couldn't download it through market, even though it is an android 2.1 version app. Tried all non-official download sites, but almost all of them lead me back to android market, and looking for "fallen realms apk" took me to almost 35 sites that I couldn't get anything at all.

persichini

Dec 2, 2010
DFW
Thanks for the tip, gogolo2. Will try that! My buttons are already mapped.

Does anybody know where I can download FALLEN REALMS? It is a free app, but I couldn't download it through market, even though it is an android 2.1 version app. Tried all non-official download sites, but almost all of them lead me back to android market, and looking for "fallen realms apk" took me to almost 35 sites that I couldn't get anything at all.

Why not download it on your phone then back it up... and side load it to the nook.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I don't agree... The Nook clearly deserves a forum more than most of the devices that have been crowded into those other forums. Not only that, the Nook is pretty much a Nook Color under the hood =\, so optimizations in the Nook Color could possibly be brought over if the devs or future devs are made more aware of what's going on with it.

Besides... Every Nook Touch topic i've seen is labeled with [N2E] not to hard to avoid =|
    Persichini, your idea is quite good, the only problem being is that I don't own another android device...
    Well, found on the 'net, don't know exactly where.
    But there is a chrome hack that allows you to download market stuff straight to your computer. Just didn't had the courage to use yet.

link

If you ever manage to use it, please inform us! Just like I used to use a "copied" version of twitter on NST, before it suddenly showed up again on Market.
    Can any Andriod (game) app be played on the Nook?

Every game that runs on Android 2.1 should work after rooting (obviously).

Most of them require the use of 'FastMode' or "NoRefresh" to render fast movements correctly.
    - Some of them can be too dark to play.
    For example you can't see anything in Falldroid (Fallout1) when you are in caves using 'FastMode' ;]
    - Games using accelerometer are right out.
    - Games using physical keyboard are unplayable without 'usb-host mode' and a keyboard.

For a start I recomend "Cut The Rope" with 'FastMode'.

That's it.
    Not sure about Crossword Lite as mentioned above. I've tried every crossword app that the Play Store and Amazon would let me download and only one, Crossword(US), comes close to functioning for me. I'm using Tasker to autorotate to landscape and back. The biggest remaining problem for which there seems to be no fix is that use of either the space bar or delete key makes the entire keyboard disappear! You can get it back by swiping over the blanked-out area and introducing a few stray letters into the puzzle along the way. That's annoying.

I learned something today after e-mailing the developer (quick response!). I never could access the options menu because the app runs full screen by default (at least it does for me). It finally dawned on me that I could use NTMM to program one of the side hardware buttons (long press) for "Menu". Once I did that and was able to access the options, there is a place to make it always show the status bar. Ta-da! So I restored my side button to default and now I can get at all the hints, etc. that are accessible from the menu button.

Now if only that keyboard issue did not exist.

Anyone else found a better functioning Crossword Puzzle app?

I have set this up with one of the hardware keys: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lggfc.nookclearscreen
    When the keyboard goes blank just click the hardware key you have binded "Nook Clear Screen" to, to get back the keyboard.