[APP][1.6+]Crystal Downloader - speedup download for Android

Search This thread

xtr143

Mar 29, 2011
I was forced to use a camcorder app to record screen. The normal "notification" that shows transfer progress is in the notification list...this popup appears seperate.

I using deprecated method to create notification (in order to compatible with apk level 4), so it could be incompatible with your device.

I reduced the # of parts to use in settings from 16 to 1 and yet when I started a new download it still used 16 parts. This quickly overloads an edge connection especially since no way is provided to limit the # of simultaneous downloads and brings everything including the downloads down to a crawl.

This is a bug, i will fix it soon.

DarkhShadow

Sep 25, 2011
Essex
Downloaded app yesterday, after starting a download it just closes and then opens and doesn't download

Logcat and device info, although even me, a noob can see its a out of memory error :(
http://pastebin.com/TEMJUUw8

Sent from my ice cream powered Nexus S

DarkhShadow

Sep 25, 2011
Essex
Could you shows me some more information about the link download, or size of your download file? And you download by your Nexus S?

Sorry for late reply
I was trying to download 1st a 160MB rom(don't remember which xD) and after a 480MB .zip
Yes downloading on my nexus s

Sent from my ice cream powered Nexus S

Reactions: xtr143

Dri94

Oct 9, 2011
Florida
so this is basically like Internet Download Manager, except for android?
does it work for websites that dont allow multiple requests like IDM does?
anyways thanks for the great app. downloading now

xtr143

Mar 29, 2011

PREMOLIKES

Mar 23, 2009
Imphal
What is the difference between faster download and your app ? in faster download with 8 split it gets around 200kbps,,but in your app it is around 70kbps,,Are the speed of any concern ?If i do 2 downloads of the same server from faster download it will give me 400kbps aprox.
How to clear the download list.

Last edited:

xtr143

Mar 29, 2011
Each app of this type has a goal to make your download reach close to your max bandwidth. You can choose number of parts in my app, i think its the main different. With 16 parts split, i used to get 400-500KBps (max bandwidth in the theory is 1MBps)

You can clear list by choose remove field on all the field.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Make your download go in the speed that it should be.
    App works in simple way: split file to download faster.
    How-to-use:
    -Use your browser to find file you want
    -Long click on the link, choose copy link url or share link, then choose Crystal Downloader.
    -Use 'Downloads' tab on app to start download file.

Features:
    - Split file in maximum 32 parts.
    - Pause and resume download, of course.
    - Auto detect server allow multi-parts download or not, and how many connection can makes in a moment.

Note: We need 2x file size of free space to download in multi parts when merge parts.

Here some screen shots:
    yGKkfDhI_aWGNdCju1pZd7NQfMTmF8FB34Rg4pCJ37pQGNcYZY9VdhCecMNVqvcEOO0
    piwcdYKUZejWeSH5n_XyWEuJttw2JiFYMFZCAPZcbDl79sopGq8PQoie707pvOO424o

And Store link:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.diadev.crystaldownload
    Russian Translation

Hi xtr143 I traslates your app to russian lang. If this is possible, can you add values-ru to your project? See attach.
    Why a Background Service that endlessly stays active and cant be exited even if app not in use anymore? bad bad..

The service do nothing when no download, so I will try finish it all download complete.

Hi xtr143 I traslates your app to russian lang. If this is possible, can you add values-ru to your project? See attach.

Thank for your support. I will add it soon. The source of app I cant publish, but I can make some code snippet demo in some days.
    good, gonna try, like IDM on my computer

p/s : ứng dụng tốt đó ông bạn