[GUIDE][Updated 20-05]How To Port LewaOS, JoyOS To Your Device | 2 Minute NOOBS Guide

Search This thread
R

((( RedDeviL )))

it's clearly state u need CM7 base rom not ported CM7 mean untouched one easier than ported cm7 cause it slightly edited in some lib, etc, and it might conflicts...

better grab one CM7 rom from CyanogenMod websites according to your device...and try first....Hope you can do it well....:)

bornagainpenguin

Oct 22, 2010
This metod works for another rom ( miui , joyos etc, ) except of the build.prop of course

Any HDPI versions of JoyOS available? I can't help but think this would look really cool on my NookColor. Also, some elaboration requested as to how directly applicable this guide is to porting JoyOS. Do I follow everything listed here substituting JoyOS rom where it says LeWaOS? Does that hold the same for the build.prop settings too?

I would have thought those to be pretty rom dependent.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Diablo67

Ok i ported it successfully to the OG EVO and it runs great,but it doesnt install gapps,so i need to come up with an alternative i presume?Also im not getting any data flow,im not able to make or recieve phone calls,i know my contacts not being synced is because of gapps not being present,but theres no set-up after you first install,unless im missing something,i dont see it.

R

((( RedDeviL )))

You need to Google stuff Google framework.apk

Here is attachment try flash....

Sent from my E15i using XDA

Attachments

• GoolgeAddon_For_LeWa.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 154
Last edited:

LiLChris06

Nov 23, 2011
XDA
Trying to do this for GS2-i777 hopefully it works out. :)

Took 5mins, thanks for that!

Last edited:

brajesh.sharma87

Jan 27, 2011
Kolkata
I ported it on my defy. followed every process correctly. It stuck in bootloop first and booted to lockscreen, again gone in bootloop. after sometime the rom booted, everything was working data/call/camera/wifi. but it hot reboots everynow and then and gets stuck in bootloop many time.

bdw, lewa ROM is really ugly in looks. :D

ron427

Aug 21, 2011
Bangor
Samsung Galaxy S21
Ok so I'm having an issue that I'm sure is a simple fix but I can't figure it out:

When using notepad++ to edit the build.prop I click save and close notepad++ but when I reopen the build.prop it's not been edited.

Any help would be appreciated

Reactions: zanderman112

zanderman112

Oct 6, 2010
SouthEast USA
www.twitter.com
Ok so I'm having an issue that I'm sure is a simple fix but I can't figure it out:

When using notepad++ to edit the build.prop I click save and close notepad++ but when I reopen the build.prop it's not been edited.

Any help would be appreciated

Drag the build.prop file to your desktop, edit it there, save it, then drag it back into the zip file.

~E.R.A.

Reactions: ron427

ron427

Aug 21, 2011
Bangor
Samsung Galaxy S21
Got it ported to my device. Edited the build.prop with rootexplorer. Had to push eri.xml to phone/data/ to get rid of the roaming indicator. So far everything works.

Tested and working:

WiFi
Send/Receive MMS over 3G
Send/Receive MMS over WiFi
USB Mass Storage
USB Tether
Play Store- WiFi only
Gmail- WiFi only
Browser- WiFi only

Edit:

After a while of playing around I noticed that I have no internet but I can still Send/Receive MMS without WiFi.

Any Ideas?

Last edited:
well. nice work. its not rly development just soft modding but its cool anyway :) i ve made myself. i wasnt using CM7 base just modified one. everything is working except that whast not working for eveyone: sd manager (np for me) and radio (np for me) also notcied that when i connect earphones it doesnt show that they are connectod. except that everything is fine. and now my question. ayone knw how to fix earphones? my device is Xperia X8 :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

####################################################################################################
    ####################################################################################################
    LewaOS Porting Guide

Hey Folks !
    I am going to show you one of the easiest way to port LewaOS To Your Device, which will hardly take 2 minutes.

PREREQUISITES :

adb- This will help you out in deadly conditions
    winRAR - For opening zip files
    Notepad++ - For editing text

ROMS YOU WILL NEED :

Base ROM : CM7 For Your Device
    Mod edit: No longer available - see the note at the top of this post.
    NOTE:
    -----Use S5830 to port if your device is MDPI
    -----Use U8800X, V880 to port if your device is HDPI

STEPS TO PORT :

STEP 1:
    Open both ROMs using winRAR in two windows..No Need To Extract
    STEP 2:

Go to '/system' and delete '/system/app', '/system/framework' and '/system/media' folder from Base ROM (CM7)
    STEP 3:

Copy '/system/app' , '/system/framework' and '/system/media' folder from LewaOS to Base ROM.
    Copying can be done by simply drag and drop between the winRAR windows
    STEP 4:

Go To '/system/bin' of Base ROM
    --Copy all files present in '/system/bin' to LewaROM.
    --Now from LewaROM copy all files from '/system/bin' folder to '/system/bin' of Base ROM
    --This replaces all existing files of same name and adds missing files
    STEP 5:

Go To '/system/etc' of Base ROM
    --Copy all files (except the folders) from '/system/etc' of BaseROM to '/system/etc' of LewaROM
    --Now from LewaROM copy all files from '/system/etc' folder to '/system/etc' of Base ROM
    --This also replaces all existing files of same name and adds missing files
    STEP 6:

Go To '/system/etc/init.d' of Base ROM
    --Copy all files '/system/etc/init.d' of LewaROM to '/system/etc/init.d' of BaseROM
    STEP 7:

Go To '/system/etc/permissions' of Base ROM
    --Copy all files from '/system/etc/permissions' of BaseROM to '/system/etc/permissions' of LewaROM
    --Now from LewaROM copy all files from '/system/etc/permissions' folder to '/system/etc/permissions' of Base ROM
    STEP 8:

Go To '/system/lib' of Base ROM
    --Copy all '*.so' from '/system/lib' of BaseROM to '/system/lib' of LewaROM
    --Now from LewaROM copy all files from '/system/lib' folder to '/system/lib' of Base ROM
    STEP 9:

Go To /system/xbin of Base ROM
    --Copy all files present in '/system/xbin' folder to '/system/xbin' of LewaROM.
    --Now from LewaROM copy all files from '/system/xbin' folder to '/system/xbin' of Base ROM
    STEP 10:

Open 'build.prop' from both ROM using Notepad++

Add these lines below 'ro.cm.device=YOUR_DEVICE_NAME'
    ro.lewa.version=YOUR_ROM_NAME
    ro.lewa.device=YOUR_DEVICE_NAME
    Add these lines in # ADDITIONAL_BUILD_PROPERTIES below 'ro.com.android.dataroaming='

ro.compcache.default=0
    ro.lewa.swapper.part_path=/dev/block/mmcblk1p3
    ro.lewa.swapper.flash_swappiness=99
    ro.lewa.swapper.sd_swappiness=60
    ro.error.receiver.system.apps=com.lewa.fc
    ro.error.receiver.default=com.lewa.fc
    persist.sys.notif-speaker=1
    persist.sys.ring-speaker=1
    persist.sys.alarm-speaker=1
    Remove the following lines

persist.sys.themeId=Cyanbread
    persist.sys.themePackageName=com.tmobile.theme.Cyanbread
    Rename BaseROM to whatever and Flash It..
    Now Your Device has LewaOS

JoyOS Porting Guide

Click Here For JoyOS Porting Guide​

MookeOS Porting Guide

Coming Soon :) Stay Tuned

If You have any problem , ASK ME :)
    For Further Info and Porting Guides Click Here
    Really nice.
    I have one question ( Sorry if it's dumb, but I am a noob).
    The base rom, CM7, should be a .tar file or a .zip ? Cause I have both. Thanks

It should be .zip

Thank you for the guide!
    When I validate my pin code, the phone bootloop ..

CM7 as base
    U8800X to port

Nexus S

May be you havent followed correctly..
    OK .. Only for ROM to boot..
    Use CM7 Base ROM..
    Delete app, framework , media folder from base and copy the same folders from U8800x to base ROm
    It will boot..
    If Not Logcat will help you..
    Have been busy with my ROM ports..
    Just took a glance of this thread..
    Seems a lot of Ports of JOY, LEWA came to different devices :cowboy::cowboy:

I will soon update with some new guides.. some SENSE and NONSENSE( ICS + GB )
    But surely.. I will take some time..

Meanwhile check my works and guides at www.blindndumb.com

Thanks to all

Cheers :)
    Guys I will soon post a guide on porting JoyOS and MookeOS..
    Stay Tuned and check my website for it .. Check Here all my Blind Series ROM www.blindndumb.com

Dont forget to subscribe the website..

Cheers :)
    And we have SheduOS by danibosev :D

Sent from my E15i using xda premium
    I port it from GingerDX.Tomorrow i send premission to GDX Team and i fix broken link for MokeeOS :eek:
    Going to port Mozilla Boot