Hidden Menu

Search This thread

faceless

Feb 24, 2008
IIRC, its just the way the antennas connections are set up. the baseband they use supports it, but their antenna setup isn't physically capable of SVDO.

digiblur

Jul 24, 2007
IIRC, its just the way the antennas connections are set up. the baseband they use supports it, but their antenna setup isn't physically capable of SVDO.

I explained it above. Nothing about antennas it never is. Actually the LTE side of things has two antennas for multiple receive streams.

Sent from a little old Note 2

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The reason why voice/data works on the EvoLTE and the Sprint Variant of the Galaxy SIII is because they have SVDO chips which allowed that to happen.

With the Note II, it appears as Samsung wanted to have little to no hardware variation amongst the different handsets, hence the no SVDO chip.

No. The issue was the GSM in this phone. The data paths are different on this phone. The EVO LTE and S3 have 1X on one path then EVDO and LTE on another path. So when talking on the phone which uses 1X your phone has the ability to use EVDO or LTE on the other path (at a reduced power). Nothing about the network, nothing about chips, nothing about antennas, as the way more to the puzzle than that.

No take the Note II, it has 1X and EVDO on one path and GSM/LTE on another path. So you can see the issue right here. No 1X and EVDO at the same time. But it does have the ability to do 1X and LTE at the same time.

It's all due to the GSM capabilities of this phone that skewed the design from the S3 for SVDO and SVLTE. I knew this going in buying the phone and didn't bother me as I rarely used it on the EVO LTE. And getting out of the piece of junk radio on the EVO LTE was a major improvement for me.
    If you go to sensor test and then image test, a strange chihuahua appears.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app
    It does. And it works. But I can't believe they would give us something like a barometer but not give us a way for FM radio. Craziness.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    Phone/Data do work together while on wifi, and will also work together when connected to LTE.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium
    My Evo LTE was capable of simultaneous voice and data, even on 3g. Also, I'm almost certain the Galaxy S3 is also capable.

The reason why voice/data works on the EvoLTE and the Sprint Variant of the Galaxy SIII is because they have SVDO chips which allowed that to happen.

With the Note II, it appears as Samsung wanted to have little to no hardware variation amongst the different handsets, hence the no SVDO chip.