[ROM][4.3] Color OS V1.2.0

Search This thread

housry23

Sep 23, 2009
Springfield, OH
I like the red splash screen. I flashed this to take some photos of the yellowing screen to see if it makes a difference like David S. Photos on OnePlus forum.

MarvinFS

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 11, 2010
Ekaterinburg
issue in the update script

Hey i wonder why tread starter has those in the update script
if it's a joke it's not funny at all

line 3
ui_print("HTC M8 Google Edition 4.4.3");
ui_print("G R A F F I X N Y C");
ui_print("Flashing ROM, sit tight ;)");

also line 20 is incorrect
format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p45", "0", "/system");

system block is /dev/block/mmcblk0p14

JustinOkay

May 30, 2012
Hi folks, I'm eager to try Color OS but not sure if this rom is stable enough for a daily driver yet.
Also has anyone tried the latest ColorOS 2.0.5 Beta 2014/7/19?
A few users from the Oneplus forums report that the beta is ridden with bugs and nowhere close to stable as graffixnyc's port.
So far what is everyone's impression of ColorOS 1.2.0 or ColorOS 2.0.5 Beta 2014/7/19?

GS3+

Apr 4, 2013
Hi folks, I'm eager to try Color OS but not sure if this rom is stable enough for a daily driver yet.
Also has anyone tried the latest ColorOS 2.0.5 Beta 2014/7/19?
A few users from the Oneplus forums report that the beta is ridden with bugs and nowhere close to stable as graffixnyc's port.
So far what is everyone's impression of ColorOS 1.2.0 or ColorOS 2.0.5 Beta 2014/7/19?
I must say that color OS 2.0.5 Beta is nearly perfect for daily use. Thus I've NOT experienced any issue so far...so Its awesome to flash instead of CM11S and also Color OS 1.2.0... However I must admit that battery life is really awful compared to Cyanogenmod, but In my point of view I would say that its enough good for a firmware being on beta status...cheers

Reactions: JustinOkay

graffixnyc

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com
Hey i wonder why tread starter has those in the update script
if it's a joke it's not funny at all

line 3
ui_print("HTC M8 Google Edition 4.4.3");
ui_print("G R A F F I X N Y C");
ui_print("Flashing ROM, sit tight ;)");

also line 20 is incorrect
format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p45", "0", "/system");

system block is /dev/block/mmcblk0p14

There are no issues with it.. I just used another update script from my other rom. There is no mmcblk0p45 so the format issue is a non issue as it's not formatting anything.. Besides it doesn't flash like a traditional ROM which you would have seen if you looked at the script. The system img is written using dd commands which it does flash to mmcblk0p14 but I'm sure you knew that since you're also a dev

Reactions: dondavis007

hamizal

May 4, 2011
I must say that color OS 2.0.5 Beta is nearly perfect for daily use. Thus I've NOT experienced any issue so far...so Its awesome to flash instead of CM11S and also Color OS 1.2.0... However I must admit that battery life is really awful compared to Cyanogenmod, but In my point of view I would say that its enough good for a firmware being on beta status...cheers

yup..currently im on 2.0.5 version..the most stable COS atm. beautifully craft and smooth like silk. btw battery juice prob still here. the reason im still on COS compare CM11s, CM not satisfied me on audio quality and camera quality

Reactions: bidi1985

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry but not everyone got this phone...

Why are you sorry? So no has the phone so I shouldn't release anything? Are you actually complaining that there is a dev going on for a device that no one has yet? Usually people complain when there is too little dev... Not when there is dev before masses have the phone...

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
    As some of you may or may not know the Chinese version of the OnePlus One ships with Color OS and not CM 11s

Here is the stock Color OS Rom from the Chinese version of the OnePlus One. Version 1.20 Build A0001_12_140521

What has been changed?
    A lot of the Chinese apps have been removed (some still have the Chinese language like the Themes app)
    GAPPS have been addded (Chinese phones do not have Google Play Services)
    Rooted + busy box
    red OnePlus splash screen
    added more locale 2

This can be flashed in TWRP but it's not a standard update.zip. This is a system and boot image but it's flashed via dd commands in recovery. Just flash in TWRP as you normally would but it will take longer to flash (about 5 minutes)

perform a data wipe if coming from CM 11s

IF you want Google now to work, right after you flash and boot into android run the more locale app and select English US BEFORE setting up your Google account or opening Google Now.
    THE ROM ONLY SUPPORTS ENGLISH AND CHINESE

Link: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358542179

To go back to CM 11 use the fastboot Images in my thread here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2765455

Disclaimer: I am not responsible if you use this and brick your device or if your device blows up, implodes, flames start shooting from it, or it kills your neighbor's dog.. It was the other guy... I swear.... Flash at your own risk

Source of the base rom:
    http://www.oneplusbbs.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=339991&extra=
    Ive kept my eye on this thread for a while now and curiosity got the best of me. I flashed with no problems and setup my setup. Been using this ROM for a few hours here are my thoughts. Your experience may vary.

Gestures
    Don't care for dedicated gestures notification pull down. Disabled immediately. Was never a fan of gestures.

Theme/icons
    If youre like me then you're ocd about icons. COS can only use their own theme icons most of which which are terrible and only theme COS apps. As result your left with janky un-uniform icons.

ColorOS launcher
    Launcher is fine but the app draw is disorganized. For example apps are NOT sorted in alphabetically order and random apps end up on new pages until you drag them over. Why is the app draw just a second home screen?

SMS
    SMS app is amazing except for 1 thing. Conversationsare split into two separate threads, sent and received with no option to disable.Why have two threads for one conversation? Makes no sense. Also the SMS app doesn't recognize numbers as google contacts. As result you're left with randomly split threads from numbers. Sure i could use hangouts but i want to get the COS experience using the native texting app.

Web Browser
    Curious to why there is no native browser. Chrome was added by our awesome dev. I could use chrome but once again i want to feel the COS experience.

UI
    Trebuchet and google now launcher both incompatible.Currently no option to enable battery percentage within the battery icon. No AM/PM setting for notification bar. Notifications cannot be swipped away and have a dedicate clear all button placed on the bottom of the notification drawer. Recents has a huge bar across the bottom wasting space.Why is there no option to screen shot? Oh wait there is. It's buried deep within the gesture setting. Only method to take a screenshot is enable an awkward three finger Swype gesture.

Settings
    For starters at 1st boot my native APN settings were incorrect. I had to surf WiFi just to manually enter them to get data and SMS to work. There is no SMS default option which introduced send/receiving complications when trying to respond to incoming texts. No advanced reboot option under dev settings.

Conclusion
    There are a large number of drawbacks comparing to other full featured ROMs like cm11, cm11s, Mahdi, PA, Etc. Only switched over to test out the insane camera app (which can't be ported to other frameworks). The quality and performance of the camera is almost enough to run COS as a daily driver vs other ROMs with more functionality. Is using a terribly designed ROM worth the awesome camera? In the end of the day that's up for you to decide. Hit that like button of you enjoyed the read.
    @graffixnyc... May I mirror that ColorOS on devhost? @manudroid19 needs a mirror to be able to direct download for his toolkit. That ok for you?
    Is this phone still not out yet

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app