*TrackMe* GPS/CellID Tracking tool for Google Earth & Google Maps

Search This thread

turtle2472

Feb 16, 2006
Tidewater Va
Interesting. That website wasn't there before. I wonder if they are trying to use TrackMe's popularity for their own software. damn... I should have registered that domain.

Thanks for the information.

Seems to me you'd have an easy claim on cybersquatting if you'd like to gain control of the domain. I don't recall the whole process to get control of the domain, but seems like you'd be a shoe it to get it.

turtle2472

Feb 16, 2006
Tidewater Va
I finally installed the mapping set on my own server and it was much easier than I thought it would be. Pretty cool if you asked me. I was never able to log into the web interface on your (Louis) site for some reason to be able to view it like this. I've always had to open Google Earth of Google.com/maps. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to the updated version of the web viewer now!

drum

Sep 4, 2006
Can anybody tell me if the problem with freezing on an Artemis was ever solved. I have exactly same problem on a T-Mobile MDA Compact III and any help would be most appreciated.

Dave

turtle2472

Feb 16, 2006
Tidewater Va
Hey mcross, I know you said you were mainly programming for IE but I thought you might be able to correct a little glitch I see with Safari or Firefox on my Mac.
Safari:

Safari without a picture:

Firefox is the same on the Mac.

Here's IE7 in Vista:

In this one there's a lot of dead space at the bottom of the balloon too.

Also, did I miss something about the pushpin icons throughout the trip? I'm gonna head back over to the OP and see what it said about them because I don't have any pushpins on my map other than the last one.

Please don't take these points wrong, I love what you and jcleek have done with this to allow such an easy way to interface with the data.

Last edited:

barky81

Mar 29, 2006
Help!?! My last trip is reporting "nan miles"....

Hi, I love this software and am using it to track my exercise walk around the neighborhood.

Up till now, it has worked great...but tonight, I get back from an hourlong walk, only to see my distance reported as "nan miles" even though all the points are on the map...

Attachments

• trackme_error_03152008b.JPG
    trackme_error_03152008b.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 31

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
turtle2472,

Regarding the problem with the picture not being displayed, maybe I'm wrong, but I think it's an issue with Google Maps. If the image takes a while to load, Google maps doesn't know how to calculate its height. Once is loaded, if you refresh it, it will be displayed correctly.

c.b

Jan 15, 2008
Milton Keynes
What a brilliant piece of software. Congratulations to all involved. I installed it last night and have been playing ever since. May have a go at getting my web server integrated next.

Last edited:

st3v3

Jun 9, 2006
Melbourne
Redmi Note 9
This is brilliant running it on the Hermes but wanted to post with the config i ended up setting up to be able to run Tomtom and the brilliant TrackMe programs as there didnt seem to be alot of info around on this type of setup.

The hermes was unable to run both tomtom and trackme so this is what i did...

Using generic Bluetooth GPS paired with my Magician
Tomtom Australia maps
and GPS gate with bluetooth server running and virtual port.
Note: i did try to run GPS2Blue but it never wanted to send a port out.

Using the Hermes (i have unlimited 3g data on this)
Paired the output from GPS gate to run trackme.

mcross

Jan 25, 2008
Bowling Green
Hey mcross, I know you said you were mainly programming for IE

Just so you know, I hate IE:), I only use firefox, but web applications should run on all browers, so we will have to figure out why its not working in IE.

I only have IE and Firefox installed, it is good to hear that its working on others too.

My kids roller hockey league has started, I do the website for them. http://www.wcihl.com if you care to look. It was hacked, so I have been working on it. its all fixed so I hope to start on trackme web again.

mcross

Jan 25, 2008
Bowling Green
Hi, I love this software and am using it to track my exercise walk around the neighborhood.

Up till now, it has worked great...but tonight, I get back from an hourlong walk, only to see my distance reported as "nan miles" even though all the points are on the map...

Hello Barky81,

have you figured this out yet? I can't figure out where 'nan' would come from.

mcross

Jan 25, 2008
Bowling Green
Not yet, but I just back from tonight's walk and it worked fine. It must be something related to the number of data points or something (the "broken" track was a much longer walk).

where nan shows, the web code is looping through your points to calculate the total distance traveled. it is using the 'Latitude' and 'Longitude' data from the 'positions' table.

I am thinking there must be some kind of weird data in one on those column in the 'positions' table for that trip. can you look at the data for that trip?

Sparrowhawk

Nov 2, 2007
Coventry
After a hard reset, I'm having a few problems getting trackme working again. It seems to be the NET framework cab that's causing the bother, every time I load it I get an error message, then it seems to install correctly.
As soon as I try to run trackme however, I receive a message saying key components had failed to load.

Can anyone advise please?

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
This is brilliant running it on the Hermes but wanted to post with the config i ended up setting up to be able to run Tomtom and the brilliant TrackMe programs as there didnt seem to be alot of info around on this type of setup.

The hermes was unable to run both tomtom and trackme so this is what i did...

Using generic Bluetooth GPS paired with my Magician
Tomtom Australia maps
and GPS gate with bluetooth server running and virtual port.
Note: i did try to run GPS2Blue but it never wanted to send a port out.

Using the Hermes (i have unlimited 3g data on this)
Paired the output from GPS gate to run trackme.

Do you have this enabled?

externalgps.jpg

Sparrowhawk

Nov 2, 2007
Coventry
(Further to my post above.)

Can nobody help me out on this one?

This is what I get when I install the cab file:

szh7d2.jpg

If I click ok it then apparently installs correctly, or so it tells me.

Then I try to run TrackMe and get this:

i4e61g.jpg

Followed by this:

1nxloy.jpg

What's going on folks?

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
(Further to my post above.)

Can nobody help me out on this one?

This is what I get when I install the cab file:

szh7d2.jpg

If I click ok it then apparently installs correctly, or so it tells me.

Then I try to run TrackMe and get this:

i4e61g.jpg

Followed by this:

1nxloy.jpg

What's going on folks?

Since the problem is related with the installation of CF3.5 I think it's better if you post the question in the general forum. Maybe more people will be able to help you with that.

Regards

Feb 14, 2008
Recover deleted trips?

I deleted some trips from trackme the other day, and discovered they were deleted on my server as well...:-( Any way of recovering them?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That would be amazing if an android version was produced!

I've been using the windows mobile version on my old phone for a charity bike ride we do across Europe every year, and it really does work a treat! It would be great if I only had to take one phone..

Thanks for your help, and if you need any assistance testing it....

Android version is looking good so far. I have been able to read from the GPS and upload the data to the server.
    Now I need to work in the offline mode, user settings and interface.
    Hopefully I will have something soon!
    ANDROID VERSION NOW AVAILABLE!!

I just published it in the marketplace. Not sure when it will show up.
    I also created a post in the Android forums. Please use that thread from now on.
    Here is the link

I hope people like it...
    Any news about Android version? This is only program that I miss at windows mobile.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

I'm probably getting the phone this week. Hopefully I will start working on it the next one.
    +1 For an Android version.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA App

Well..then I have good news for you! :)

The company that acquired TrackMe for WM has asked me to write a version for Android so I will start working on this in the next few weeks! :cool:

By the way, the interest for the WP7 is growing so I plan to release a new update soon too.
    Hi! Thank you for the new release of W7 App TrackMe. I'm still with my old TP2 phone and use WM 6.5 I think to switch with Android soon, do you plan to make an Android version ?

Have a good day!

JmCourir