[GUIDE] STOCK (8.2.3.9/8.2.3.13/8.4.4.5) to 3.1 (PRIME! v1.4) + Overclock!

Search This thread

r34p3rex

Sep 20, 2008
This guide is for you if you currently have a STOCK EEE Pad transformer running on the 8.2.3.9, 8.2.3.13, or 8.4.4.5 update :D If you are already rooted and have CWM, skip to part 3 or 4 as appropriate

I rooted and upgraded to 3.1 yesterday and found the guides a bit scattered (and may be hard for Android newcomers to understand). I thought I'd write a new consolidated step-by-step guide for everyone :)

IF YOU WOULD LIKE A VIDEO TUTORIAL, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! IF THERE'S ENOUGH INTEREST, I'LL MAKE ONE!

SKIP TO PART 2 IF YOU ARE ALREADY ON 8.2.3.9

REQUIREMENTS:
-MicroSD card (THIS MUST BE IN YOUR TRANSFORMER AT ALL TIMES DURING THIS PROCESS!)
-Patience
-Brain

If you'd like to download all of the files first, the steps highlighted in GREEN contain files you need to download.

DISCLAIMER: As always, this guide is for information purposes only. I cannot be held responsible for any damage you may incur on your device. Proceed at your own risk!

ALSO, THIS WILL WIPE YOUR INTERNAL/EXTERNAL SD CARD SO HAVE EVERYTHING BACKED UP JUST IN CASE

PART 0: ADB and Drivers
1) Download adb from here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/vix9hcmm23ohtbc/adb.zip
and the ASUS ADB Drivers from here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/rgr9d77picbxwz3/ASUS_Android_USB_drivers_for_Windows.zip

2) Unzip the contents of adb.zip to C:\Android
3) Install the ASUS ADB drivers
4) On your transformer, go to Settings -> Applications -> Development and make sure "USB Debugging" is checked
5) Plug in your TF into your computer via USB
6) Open a command prompt (WinXP: Start -> Run -> cmd | Vista/7: Start -> type "cmd" and hit enter)
7) Type
Code:
cd C:\Android
8) To test whether ADB is working, type the following into the command prompt and hit enter
Code:
adb devices
If you've done everything correctly up to this point, you should see a bunch of numbers listed under "List of devices attached"

PART 1: Downgrading to 8.2.3.9
The 8.2.3.13 update is currently unrootable so we'll need to downgrade to 8.2.3.9 first :)

1) Grab the 8.2.3.9 upgrade from here (THIS IS FOR THE US SKU ONLY!): http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/EeePAD/TF101/UpdateLauncher_US_epad_user_8239.zip
If you have the WW SKU (not in the US), download this one: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/EeePAD/TF101/UpdateLauncher_WW_epad_user_8239.zip
If you have the TW SKU, download this one: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/EeePAD/TF101/UpdateLauncher_TW_epad_user_8239.zip
2) Open up the file you downloaded in step 1 and unzip the Asus folder onto the ROOT directory of your microSD card. Make sure you copy the entire Asus folder and not just the files inside it!! The transformer will NOT detect the update file if there is no Asus folder on the root of your SD card.
3) Insert your microSD card into your Transformer. On the bottom right hand corner in the notification area, there should be a message saying that an update has been detected. Tap that message to start the update. Let it do its thing (it'll take about 5-10 minutes and reboot once it's done)

PART 2: Rooting and installing CWM
Now we'll need to root and install Clockwork Mod Recovery

4) Download the following root package: http://www.mediafire.com/file/1otzpglspbfb9p8/TF101_ROOT.zip
5) Unzip the contents of the root package into C:\Android
6) Open a command prompt and navigate to C:\Android (type "cd c:\Android" without the quotes)
7) Type the following commands in order
Code:
adb push gingerbreakBB /data/local/
Code:
adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/gingerbreakBB
Code:
adb shell
Code:
/data/local/gingerbreakBB

This should execute the gingerbreak program which will do the dirty work for us :D After about 5-10 minutes, you should be presented with a "#" symbol, which means root has been acquired.

DO NOT CLOSE THIS WINDOW!!

If you get an error, type "exit" (without quotes) and hit enter. Then reboot your TF and try it again:
Code:
adb shell
Code:

8) Download hashmyfiles.zip from: http://www.mediafire.com/file/o1tkpx159919hp8/hashmyfiles.zip
This program calculates the MD5 checksum of a file. We need to make sure our CWM file isn't corrupted or else you can brick your Transformer.

9) Run hashmyfiles and drag CWM_BLOB_V5 from C:\Android into the window. The MD5 checksum should be 8c9ef19b726e76fd73de4632db7e4288. If this doesn't match, redownload the root package and try again.
10) Open a new command prompt window and navigate to C:\Android once again
11) Type the following in order
Code:
adb push CWM_BLOB_V5 /data/local
Code:
adb pull /data/local/CWM_BLOB_V5 cwmblob_retransfer
There should now be a file in C:\Android called "cwmblob_retransfer". Drag this file into hashmyfiles and see if the MD5 checksum is 8c9ef19b726e76fd73de4632db7e4288. If it isn't, repeat step 11 and try again.
12) Return to the shell I told you to keep open in step 7 and type
dd if=/data/local/CWM_BLOB_V5 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4
13) Your TF will reboot (if it doesn't reboot by itself, do it manually) and you will see a progress bar on the ASUS EEE Pad logo splash page.
14) Your device is now rooted with CWM installed!

PART 3 (OPTIONAL, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED): CWM3.1.0.1 mod by solarnz
This part installs a modded ClockworkModRecovery developed by solarnz. It skips /data/media (your internal storage partition) during Nandroid backups and factory wipe/resets. This way, your internal storage isn't wiped during nandroid backup/restores.

15) Download the modded CWM from here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13093938/XDA/Transformer/recovery-3.1.0.1-solarnz-R3-240511-1908.zip
MD5 checksum is 4470bee75f3318f07ec1eb5ddcee1f96.

16) Move the zip file (do not unzip) to the root of your microSD card and insert into your Transformer.
17) Reboot your Transformer into CWM:
  1. Turn Transformer off
  2. Hold down the POWER button and the VOLUME DOWN button simultaneously until you see a message on the top left portion of the screen
  3. When you see this message, release the two buttons and immediately press VOLUME UP as the message states
18) Scroll down to "Install Zip From SD card" using the VOLUME DOWN button and hit the power button to select it
19) Scroll down to "Choose Zip form SD Card" and hit the power button
20) Select "recovery-3.1.0.1-solarnz-R3-240511-1908.zip" and flash it!
21) Reboot your Transformer!

PART 4: PRIME! v1.4
22) Download the latest build of PRIME! v1.4 from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1052380
23) Make sure you verify the MD5 checksum before you transfer it!
24) Copy the ROM zip file over to the root of your microSD card and reboot your Transformer into CWM
  1. Turn Transformer off
  2. Hold down the POWER button and the VOLUME DOWN button simultaneously until you see a message on the top left portion of the screen
  3. When you see this message, release the two buttons and immediately press VOLUME UP as the message states
25) Repeat steps 18-20, but this time, select the PRIME! ROM zip file and flash that.
26) BAM WELCOME TO Rooted HONEYCOMB 3.1!!!

PART 5 (optional): Overclocking
In order to overclock, we will need to use a custom kernel. The only custom kernel as of this post is the Clemsyn-Blades overclocking kernel (currently on version 5). It offers up to a 1.6Ghz overclock (stock is 1Ghz)! Not all Tegra2 processors can run at this speed though so your mileage may vary!

27) Grab the latest overclocking kernel from this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1109630
28) Copy the kernel zip file to your internal SD card
29) Reboot into ClockworkMod Recovery and make a Nandroid backup by going to "Backup and Restore".
30) Install the kernel by going to "install zip from SD card" and selecting the kernel file
31) Wipe the cache by selecting "Wipe cache partition"
32) Wipe the dalvik-cache by selecting "Advanced" then "Wipe Dalvik Cache)
33) Reboot and grab CPU Master from the Market
34) Set your overclock and you're good to go :D If you get lockups, try reducing the overclock :)

FAQ/Troubleshooting:"]
Q: HELP! I closed the shell window when I wasn't supposed to! Now it just tells me "Cannot copy bootmsh. Permission denied"
A: Run the following commands in a new terminal window and start over
Code:
adb shell rm /data/local/tmp/boomsh
adb shell rm /data/local/tmp/sh

Q: CWM gives me the error: "E:can't mount /sdcard"
A: Format your SD card with your computer, and try copying the files onto the SD again.

CREDITS:

Thanks for reading :D If you're feeling generous, feel free to buy me a beer :D

Last edited:

MimiK

Mar 1, 2008
The 8.2.3.13 update is currently unrootable so we'll need to downgrade to 8.2.3.9 first :)

2) Open up the file you downloaded in step 1 and unzip the Asus folder onto the ROOT directory of your microSD card. Make sure you copy the entire Asus folder and not just the files inside it!! The transformer will NOT detect the update file if there is no Asus folder on the root of your SD card.
3) Insert your microSD card into your Transformer. On the bottom right hand corner in the notification area, there should be a message saying that an update has been detected. Tap that message to start the update. Let it do its thing (it'll take about 5-10 minutes and reboot once it's done)

I have to downgrade from 3.1 US leaked to 8.2.3.9 WW the method that you wrote does not work (for me) I tried several times but the update stops almost instantly after reboot with an exclamation mark..:(

some help?

r34p3rex

Sep 20, 2008

I have to downgrade from 3.1 US leaked to 8.2.3.9 WW the method that you wrote does not work (for me) I tried several times but the update stops almost instantly after reboot with an exclamation mark..:(

some help?
Did you initiate the update from the notification? Also, do you have the US or WW version (hardware-wise, not the currently installed software)

Reactions: stevm and MimiK

MimiK

Mar 1, 2008
Did you download the WW downgrade file? I just added it to the guide

yes, but it did not work for me .. I solved it with a guide found on a French forum.
1. I renamed the file WW_epad-user-8.2.3.9.zip in EP101_SDUPDATE.zip
2. I put it in the root of microsd
3. restarted with vol down + power, then vol up
4. I waited until the end of the installation
5. I restarted with vol down + power and I did the wipe

now have 3.0.1 ww 8.2.3.9 and I'm ready to root, and primordial :D
thanks very much !

Reactions: nachtschicht

laxplaya116

Feb 10, 2009
I'm getting to the part right after rooting and at the bottom it says:
[!] dance forever my only one
# _
when I go to type something in this window nothing happens...any advice?

UPDATE: FIXED! My cmd prompt must have frozen...Just had to run: adb shell rm /data/local/tmp/boomsh & adb shell rm /data/local/tmp/sh and start over from step #7. Have clockwork installed and am about to flash primordial 3.1.

Last edited:

psycho2097

Nov 1, 2010
Raleigh
dude.... awesome work...
But u wouldnt believe how retarded people can get.
So despite of the huge big red "do not close the shell", i closed it! :D
now when i start over from the beginning, i get "cannot copy boomsh. : permission denied". WAT DO I DO??? :( :(

Reactions: acid123

r34p3rex

Sep 20, 2008
yes, but it did not work for me .. I solved it with a guide found on a French forum.

thanks very much !

Cool, good info to have :D

r34p3rex

Sep 20, 2008
dude.... awesome work...
But u wouldnt believe how retarded people can get.
So despite of the huge big red "do not close the shell", i closed it! :D
now when i start over from the beginning, i get "cannot copy boomsh. : permission denied". WAT DO I DO??? :( :(

Run the following commands, and start over

Code:

mike6200

Dec 5, 2007
OnePlus Open
Can this be used with netformer kernal? I installed and it wouldnt boot. If it cant is there another kernal that will make it overclock.

tycoonbob

Jul 8, 2008
Louisville
So I got my tablet downgraded to 8.2.3.9, and when I run the gingerbreakBB from the shell, it runs for a few minutes and it shows the following...

Code:
[*] vold: 0918 idx: -0021540
[*] vold: 0918 idx: -0021539
--code break--
[*] vold: 0918 idx: -0020901

[-] Bad luch.  Fixed vold?
$

So the fact that it didn't show #, I'm assuming it failed. I ran the gingerbreakBB again from that $, and got this.

Code:
$ /data/local/gingerbreakBB

[**] Gingerbreak/Honeybomb -- android 2.[2,3], 3.0 softbreak
[**] (C) 2010-2011 The Android Exploid Crew. All rights reserved.
[**] Kudos to jenzi, the #brownpants-party, the Open Source folks,
[**] Zynamics for ARM skills and Onkel Budi

[**] donate to 7-4-3-C@web.de if you like
[**] Exploit may take a while!

[+] Detected honeycomb! Starting honeybomb mode (scale=10).
[+] Found system: 0xaff181a1 strcmp: 0xaff37b85
[+] Found PT_DYNAMIC of size 240 (30 entries)
[+] Found GOT: 0x00017368
[+] Using device /devices/platform/sdhci-tegra.2/mmc_host/mmc1
[*] vold: 0918 GOT start: 0x00017368 GOT end: 0x000175e8

Now I get a permission denied if I try typing su at the shell. What happened? What do I need to do??

Last edited:

r34p3rex

Sep 20, 2008
Can this be used with netformer kernal? I installed and it wouldnt boot. If it cant is there another kernal that will make it overclock.

3.0.1 kernels can't be used with 3.1. Until ASUS releases the source of the 3.1 kernel, I'm afraid we won't have any custom kernels :p

So I got my tablet downgraded to 8.2.3.9, and when I run the gingerbreakBB from the shell, it runs for a few minutes and it shows the following...

Code:
[*] vold: 0918 idx: -0021540
[*] vold: 0918 idx: -0021539
--code break--
[*] vold: 0918 idx: -0020901

[-] Bad luch.  Fixed vold?
$

So the fact that it didn't show #, I'm assuming it failed. I ran the gingerbreakBB again from that $, and got this.

Code:
$ /data/local/gingerbreakBB

[**] Gingerbreak/Honeybomb -- android 2.[2,3], 3.0 softbreak
[**] (C) 2010-2011 The Android Exploid Crew. All rights reserved.
[**] Kudos to jenzi, the #brownpants-party, the Open Source folks,
[**] Zynamics for ARM skills and Onkel Budi

[**] donate to 7-4-3-C@web.de if you like
[**] Exploit may take a while!

[+] Detected honeycomb! Starting honeybomb mode (scale=10).
[+] Found system: 0xaff181a1 strcmp: 0xaff37b85
[+] Found PT_DYNAMIC of size 240 (30 entries)
[+] Found GOT: 0x00017368
[+] Using device /devices/platform/sdhci-tegra.2/mmc_host/mmc1
[*] vold: 0918 GOT start: 0x00017368 GOT end: 0x000175e8

Now I get a permission denied if I try typing su at the shell. What happened? What do I need to do??

Reboot and try running gingerbreakBB again

Reactions: mike6200

tycoonbob

Jul 8, 2008
Louisville
After rebooting the tablet, rm the gingerbreakBB and recopying it to /data/local/, I re-ran the gingerbreakBB from shell, not showing any progress yet. Going to give it to 10:45 EST to report what's happened.

Thanks.

After 11 minutes, the prompt never did anything. Closed prompt, reopened and rm gingerbreakBB from shell. Turned tablet off, inserted sdcard (per instructions from http://androidroot.mobi/asus-eee-pad-transformer-tf101-root-cwm-recovery/) says sdcard must be in at all times, which I did not have. Copied gingerbreakBB back to /data/local/, re ran the program from shell and now it's actually doing something.

Just finished, and showed #. That proves that you MUST have a MicroSD Card inserted at all times during the root process. Might want to add that to your guide. Now I will finish up, and let you know how it goes.

Thanks!

Reactions: r34p3rex

Nighte

Jan 24, 2010
Nice guide! Wish it was out for me when i was doing this stuff to my TF the other night!

r34p3rex

Sep 20, 2008
After 11 minutes, the prompt never did anything. Closed prompt, reopened and rm gingerbreakBB from shell. Turned tablet off, inserted sdcard (per instructions from http://androidroot.mobi/asus-eee-pad-transformer-tf101-root-cwm-recovery/) says sdcard must be in at all times, which I did not have. Copied gingerbreakBB back to /data/local/, re ran the program from shell and now it's actually doing something.

Just finished, and showed #. That proves that you MUST have a MicroSD Card inserted at all times during the root process. Might want to add that to your guide. Now I will finish up, and let you know how it goes.

Thanks!

Good to know! Will add it :D

Can i just install a 3.0.1 over my 3.1
I am rooted

Do you have CWM installed? Are you on official 3.1?

Reactions: mike6200

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This guide is for you if you currently have a STOCK EEE Pad transformer running on the 8.2.3.9, 8.2.3.13, or 8.4.4.5 update :D If you are already rooted and have CWM, skip to part 3 or 4 as appropriate

I rooted and upgraded to 3.1 yesterday and found the guides a bit scattered (and may be hard for Android newcomers to understand). I thought I'd write a new consolidated step-by-step guide for everyone :)

IF YOU WOULD LIKE A VIDEO TUTORIAL, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! IF THERE'S ENOUGH INTEREST, I'LL MAKE ONE!

SKIP TO PART 2 IF YOU ARE ALREADY ON 8.2.3.9

REQUIREMENTS:
    -MicroSD card (THIS MUST BE IN YOUR TRANSFORMER AT ALL TIMES DURING THIS PROCESS!)
    -Patience
    -Brain

If you'd like to download all of the files first, the steps highlighted in GREEN contain files you need to download.

DISCLAIMER: As always, this guide is for information purposes only. I cannot be held responsible for any damage you may incur on your device. Proceed at your own risk!

ALSO, THIS WILL WIPE YOUR INTERNAL/EXTERNAL SD CARD SO HAVE EVERYTHING BACKED UP JUST IN CASE

PART 0: ADB and Drivers
    1) Download adb from here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/vix9hcmm23ohtbc/adb.zip
    and the ASUS ADB Drivers from here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/rgr9d77picbxwz3/ASUS_Android_USB_drivers_for_Windows.zip

2) Unzip the contents of adb.zip to C:\Android
    3) Install the ASUS ADB drivers
    4) On your transformer, go to Settings -> Applications -> Development and make sure "USB Debugging" is checked
    5) Plug in your TF into your computer via USB
    6) Open a command prompt (WinXP: Start -> Run -> cmd | Vista/7: Start -> type "cmd" and hit enter)
    7) Type
    Code:
    cd C:\Android
    8) To test whether ADB is working, type the following into the command prompt and hit enter
    Code:
    adb devices
    If you've done everything correctly up to this point, you should see a bunch of numbers listed under "List of devices attached"

1) Grab the 8.2.3.9 upgrade from here (THIS IS FOR THE US SKU ONLY!): http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/EeePAD/TF101/UpdateLauncher_US_epad_user_8239.zip
    If you have the WW SKU (not in the US), download this one: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/EeePAD/TF101/UpdateLauncher_WW_epad_user_8239.zip
    If you have the TW SKU, download this one: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/EeePAD/TF101/UpdateLauncher_TW_epad_user_8239.zip

PART 2: Rooting and installing CWM
    Now we'll need to root and install Clockwork Mod Recovery

4) Download the following root package: http://www.mediafire.com/file/1otzpglspbfb9p8/TF101_ROOT.zip
    5) Unzip the contents of the root package into C:\Android
    6) Open a command prompt and navigate to C:\Android (type "cd c:\Android" without the quotes)
    7) Type the following commands in order
    Code:
    adb push gingerbreakBB /data/local/
    Code:
    adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/gingerbreakBB
    Code:
    adb shell
    Code:

This should execute the gingerbreak program which will do the dirty work for us :D After about 5-10 minutes, you should be presented with a "#" symbol, which means root has been acquired.

DO NOT CLOSE THIS WINDOW!!

If you get an error, type "exit" (without quotes) and hit enter. Then reboot your TF and try it again:
    Code:
    adb shell
    Code:

8) Download hashmyfiles.zip from: http://www.mediafire.com/file/o1tkpx159919hp8/hashmyfiles.zip
    This program calculates the MD5 checksum of a file. We need to make sure our CWM file isn't corrupted or else you can brick your Transformer.

9) Run hashmyfiles and drag CWM_BLOB_V5 from C:\Android into the window. The MD5 checksum should be 8c9ef19b726e76fd73de4632db7e4288. If this doesn't match, redownload the root package and try again.
    10) Open a new command prompt window and navigate to C:\Android once again
    11) Type the following in order
    Code:
    adb push CWM_BLOB_V5 /data/local
    Code:
    adb pull /data/local/CWM_BLOB_V5 cwmblob_retransfer
    There should now be a file in C:\Android called "cwmblob_retransfer". Drag this file into hashmyfiles and see if the MD5 checksum is 8c9ef19b726e76fd73de4632db7e4288. If it isn't, repeat step 11 and try again.
    12) Return to the shell I told you to keep open in step 7 and type
    dd if=/data/local/CWM_BLOB_V5 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4
    13) Your TF will reboot (if it doesn't reboot by itself, do it manually) and you will see a progress bar on the ASUS EEE Pad logo splash page.
    14) Your device is now rooted with CWM installed!

PART 3 (OPTIONAL, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED): CWM3.1.0.1 mod by solarnz
    This part installs a modded ClockworkModRecovery developed by solarnz. It skips /data/media (your internal storage partition) during Nandroid backups and factory wipe/resets. This way, your internal storage isn't wiped during nandroid backup/restores.

15) Download the modded CWM from here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13093938/XDA/Transformer/recovery-3.1.0.1-solarnz-R3-240511-1908.zip
    MD5 checksum is 4470bee75f3318f07ec1eb5ddcee1f96.

16) Move the zip file (do not unzip) to the root of your microSD card and insert into your Transformer.
    17) Reboot your Transformer into CWM:
    1. Turn Transformer off
    18) Scroll down to "Install Zip From SD card" using the VOLUME DOWN button and hit the power button to select it
    19) Scroll down to "Choose Zip form SD Card" and hit the power button
    20) Select "recovery-3.1.0.1-solarnz-R3-240511-1908.zip" and flash it!
    21) Reboot your Transformer!

PART 4: PRIME! v1.4
    22) Download the latest build of PRIME! v1.4 from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1052380
    23) Make sure you verify the MD5 checksum before you transfer it!
    24) Copy the ROM zip file over to the root of your microSD card and reboot your Transformer into CWM
    1. Turn Transformer off
    25) Repeat steps 18-20, but this time, select the PRIME! ROM zip file and flash that.
    26) BAM WELCOME TO Rooted HONEYCOMB 3.1!!!

PART 5 (optional): Overclocking
    In order to overclock, we will need to use a custom kernel. The only custom kernel as of this post is the Clemsyn-Blades overclocking kernel (currently on version 5). It offers up to a 1.6Ghz overclock (stock is 1Ghz)! Not all Tegra2 processors can run at this speed though so your mileage may vary!

27) Grab the latest overclocking kernel from this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1109630
    28) Copy the kernel zip file to your internal SD card
    29) Reboot into ClockworkMod Recovery and make a Nandroid backup by going to "Backup and Restore".
    30) Install the kernel by going to "install zip from SD card" and selecting the kernel file
    31) Wipe the cache by selecting "Wipe cache partition"
    32) Wipe the dalvik-cache by selecting "Advanced" then "Wipe Dalvik Cache)
    33) Reboot and grab CPU Master from the Market
    34) Set your overclock and you're good to go :D If you get lockups, try reducing the overclock :)

FAQ/Troubleshooting:"]
    Q: HELP! I closed the shell window when I wasn't supposed to! Now it just tells me "Cannot copy bootmsh. Permission denied"
    A: Run the following commands in a new terminal window and start over
    Code:

Q: CWM gives me the error: "E:can't mount /sdcard"
    A: Format your SD card with your computer, and try copying the files onto the SD again.

CREDITS:

Thanks for reading :D If you're feeling generous, feel free to buy me a beer :D
    Awesome guide mate, good work.

Wouldn't be possible without your work on Primordial :D

some help?
    Did you initiate the update from the notification? Also, do you have the US or WW version (hardware-wise, not the currently installed software)

thanks very much !