[Q] How to stop Bluetooth from auto-playing on connection?

Search This thread

hydeah

Nov 19, 2011
New York
The moment I get in my car, it starts playing "Life is Good" or other pre-loaded crappy music that's on my phone. How do I stop this?
I know that if I have any other music on my phone's storage, it will start playing that instead but I prefer to use streaming music and it's really annoying that I have to stop it every single time.

Jocelyn

Jul 16, 2008
Orlando, FL
Wow that sounds horrible lol. If I had to guess, it would probably be that it's playing the flac files located in Preload/LG seeing as 01_Life_Is_Good.flac is the name the first file. Maybe try moving those up a level or two or rename them to .bak

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk 2

Joppykid

Oct 2, 2010
St. Louis
That's strange. Mine doesn't play anything until i tell it to. Does the car have a menu option auto play? I assume you prob messed around with it already.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

smtom

Aug 26, 2010
Mine doesn't automatically play either. Ford Sync, Malladus 1.2.2 ROM, Verizon device.

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda premium

Last edited:

votinh

Jul 6, 2011
Some love it but I personally think it is one of the useless feature in car.

hydeah

Nov 19, 2011
New York
I don't think there is any option on vehicle but I will check. It is setup as if it hits play as soon as it establishes connection.

I moved them out of LG Preload folder but music player stills finds them. If player finds them, BT will still auto play them. I will just delete them to stop this. However it doesn't solve the problem which will return when I add any other music to my phone, in that case that will start playing.

I will check around car forums.
Thanks for confirming this is not Android related issue.

Sent from my LG-D800

carbon12

Nov 20, 2008
Auto play is a feature of A2DP just as auto connect is. There is mostly likely a setting somewhere in the vehicle's system to shut it off. If not, well then just remember, life's good... :p

stevessvt

Nov 6, 2010
Lake Worth
You could remove the preloaded music files, cant play them if they arent there. I also use the app Bluetooth connect and play. It starts any app you want when a specific bluetooth connection is made.

ars0n

Feb 14, 2012
Las Vegas
This happened to me, it was google music, or play music, whatever your default music player is usually does this. Sometimes its poweramp, or other.. but usually it was google music for me. IN music settings, turn off bluetooth or auto connect.

hydeah

Nov 19, 2011
New York
You could remove the preloaded music files, cant play them if they arent there. I also use the app Bluetooth connect and play. It starts any app you want when a specific bluetooth connection is made.

But I want to keep some music files in my phone - eventually..
What I need is the way to hide music files from Music Player unless I play them back using something like ES Explorer or other file manager, or until I browse in Music app.

This happened to me, it was google music, or play music, whatever your default music player is usually does this. Sometimes its poweramp, or other.. but usually it was google music for me. IN music settings, turn off bluetooth or auto connect.

I can't find Music Settings, is it in the app or general settings somewhere? :confused:
If I turn off Bluetooth or auto connect then will I still be able to play streaming music? I really don't mind if I can disable auto play or bluetooth streaming for Music Player or Google Play Music since I probably will never stream stored music from my phone via bluetooth, all of my stored music is generally duplicated on my car anyway..

Another way to solve this issue would be to assign another dummy Music player as default music player, and when it runs it won't be able to find music that's stored on the phone. :eek:

ars0n

Feb 14, 2012
Las Vegas
Open up google music, then go to settings or menu and look for the autoconnect and or blue tooth settings and disable. It only disables Bluetooth for that app. BT will work other wise.

hydeah

Nov 19, 2011
New York
Auto play is a feature of A2DP just as auto connect is. There is mostly likely a setting somewhere in the vehicle's system to shut it off. If not, well then just remember, life's good... :p
It's better when it is not forced on you by a few kids in Vienna Choir... Maybe I should put a random file with silence like 5 minute mp3 file of silence.. It won't help if I listen to something else and then turn the music player off because when I come back it won't go back to the 1st song, it will resume playback from where it left off, so still, just a temp ghetto fix won't really help.

Open up google music, then go to settings or menu and look for the autoconnect and or blue tooth settings and disable. It only disables Bluetooth for that app. BT will work other wise.

I believe you are referring to Play Music? It has no settings at all.
1544cc1030b9680014166721689bdf44.png

ars0n

Feb 14, 2012
Las Vegas
yup they changed the menu and options, very weird, it used to be an option in there.

Last edited:

hydeah

Nov 19, 2011
New York
yup they changed the menu and options, very weird, it used to be an option in there.

Which music app are you using? I can just downgrade or use 3rd party music player that has option to disable autoplay or bluetooth connection, and then set that music app as my default app, and give that a try in the car.
I am pretty sure vehicle hits Play as soon as Bluetooth or "D800" is selected as source on my dash radio.

PS: I wonder if we should move this thread into a regular Android discussion area, looks like this is not specific to LG G2..

ars0n

Feb 14, 2012
Las Vegas
Which music app are you using? I can just downgrade or use 3rd party music player that has option to disable autoplay or bluetooth connection, and then set that music app as my default app, and give that a try in the car.
I am pretty sure vehicle hits Play as soon as Bluetooth or "D800" is selected as source on my dash radio.

PS: I wonder if we should move this thread into a regular Android discussion area, looks like this is not specific to LG G2..

I use pandora mostly, but poweramp is my default player and has been for sometime. There are some options under the connections for BT to turn off auto play and other BT streaming options in there as well. MY car also auto connects but there is something on the phone telling it to start playing, and or something has the life is good set to your notification? so when you do connect it plays that sound as a notification?

hydeah

Nov 19, 2011
New York

I use pandora mostly, but poweramp is my default player and has been for sometime. There are some options under the connections for BT to turn off auto play and other BT streaming options in there as well. MY car also auto connects but there is something on the phone telling it to start playing, and or something has the life is good set to your notification? so when you do connect it plays that sound as a notification?

Nope, Life is Good is the 1st song. If I remove that then it will start playing 2nd song. It is actually playing using media player, so it is not notification. So if I delete all Vienna Choir stuff, it won't have anything to play, if I add Led Zeppelin, it will start playing the Led, more bearable, but still annoying.. :)
Does poweramp have the option? I will try it.

If we could find a way to block Music Player from Bluetooth access controls, that would also work, but there is no such setting in 4.2.

OK, I installed Poweramp, set it as Default player, disabled Resume on Bluetooth and then stopped Music Player related services, we'll see what happens now.

Last edited:

hydeah

Nov 19, 2011
New York
Update:
It didn't work. I tried poweramp and even with that as default player, I got LG music start playback. I had the option unchecked in poweramp .

Sent from my LG-D800

Little Bigboy

Oct 9, 2011
Orlando, Fl
Looks great, I moved to Blackberry Z30 for the time being but I will definitely try this with G2 so I know there can be something that can finally put a stop to this annoyance.
Thanks.

its google music, same annoything happened to me all the time until i uninstalled google music all together and it stopped. its definitely nothing in the car bluetooth settings so dont go fiddling around with that .