[ACS] [How to] Root, Clockworkmod, Flash Roms, Unroot, Tips (24 videos) 12/9/11

Search This thread

Tiffany84

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jul 27, 2010
So quick question. I'm really wanting to root this phone but just in case I decide to not keep it and need to unroot. Will flashing the stock kernel and unrooting the phone also give back the stock splash screen? I heard people taking about when you flash custom software or kernels you get a splash screen with a triangle on it and I just want to be sure there will be no signs of rooting. Thanks.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

JohnCorleone

Dec 19, 2010
Whittier,CA
So quick question. I'm really wanting to root this phone but just in case I decide to not keep it and need to unroot. Will flashing the stock kernel and unrooting the phone also give back the stock splash screen? I heard people taking about when you flash custom software or kernels you get a splash screen with a triangle on it and I just want to be sure there will be no signs of rooting. Thanks.

Yup. If you Odin the stock kernel after using zedomax it will give you the stock splash screen. You would have to use a file manager like Root Explorer to delete some Superuser files but that's nothing major

Sent from my OG Epic running Miui

Reactions: Tiffany84

Tiffany84

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jul 27, 2010
Yup. If you Odin the stock kernel after using zedomax it will give you the stock splash screen. You would have to use a file manager like Root Explorer to delete some Superuser files but that's nothing major

Sent from my OG Epic running Miui

Awesome. Thank you so much for the blazing fast response!! Looks like there's nothing stopping now. If you don't mind me asking, is there a kernel you would recommend or a rom you would recommend? Never owned a samsung device so I'm not familiar with any of the developers so any advice you could give would be appreciated. Thanks again.

zedomax

Mar 23, 2010
Daly City, CA
HighOnAndroid.com
Awesome. Thank you so much for the blazing fast response!! Looks like there's nothing stopping now. If you don't mind me asking, is there a kernel you would recommend or a rom you would recommend? Never owned a samsung device so I'm not familiar with any of the developers so any advice you could give would be appreciated. Thanks again.

Starburst rom

Reactions: Tiffany84

zedomax

Mar 23, 2010
Daly City, CA
HighOnAndroid.com

You can flash Zedomax v3 then flash bubby's stock kernel, then u will have stock splash screen with root.

EeZeEpEe

Aug 13, 2010
Tampa, FL
www.twitter.com
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Posted this in another WiFi Tething thread:

Is anyone able to get 4G speeds while tethering? It seems to be really slow on a Windows 7 notebook I've tried with. Getting around 0.28 mbps down and 0.79 mbps up. Speedtest on the phone gets 10/1.5. I'm right by a tower. Haven't tried with my iMac which is located in an area with weak 4G coverage that cuts in and out.

3G is fine by the way when it's good. Getting 1.5/0.5 or faster.

Last edited:

z24dawg89

Oct 8, 2009
I followed the directions to a T and I can not get wifi tethering to work. I tried Wifi Tether for root users and got the ocassional error when loading. I then uninstalled it and then installed the one in the video.

My computer can see the wifi SSID but it has a "!" over it... any ideas?

niv3d

Oct 15, 2010
Winter Haven
So is the root method in the OP (video) stable? I'd just like to stay stock with a nice kernel that's, fast, smooth and good on battery life... I'm not entirely sure what I need to do.

Top Liked Posts