[WIP][KERNEL][KEXEC] JB ROMS For Droid 3 [03/06: BT/SPEAKERPHONE FIX]

Search This thread

gustavosg

Aug 29, 2008
Belo Horizonte
Please... PLEASE... Don't remove Portuguese Brazil language from this ROM in the Future!

That's the only annoying in custom ROMS found here for XT860, and i still don't know how to add it again on the ROM.

Reactions: AragornPE

rufh_s

Feb 4, 2010
Mumbai
Alright if no one's got gapps link.. just do tell me are you flashing "gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip" ? Last time I rem. When I flashed this over kexec 17th build my cell was restarting quite often..dats the reason I am more curious

Thanks for your help

Sent from my DROID3 using xda app-developers app

Alright if no one's got gapps link.. just do tell me are you flashing "gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip" ? Last time I rem. When I flashed this over kexec 17th build my cell was restarting quite often..dats the reason I am more curious

Thanks for your help

Here, my friend, are the gapps. http://goo-inside.me/gapps/

Enviado desde mi XT860 usando Tapatalk 2

Reactions: 5318008 and rufh_s
This is flashed after ICS kexec and before boot? And will the JB g-apps work with this ICS?

That's the way I did it. I should mention that after I flashed gapps I could set my account up and everything worked like a charm. Then I went back to non-safe, stayed there for about 1.5 days and then decided to give ics a chance again. When I went back to safe mode Play Store refused to install new apps. Can't remember the exact error, but it showed after the "accept and download" button. And I have no idea about the JB gapps, I'm sure ine of these fine gentlemen will answer that for you.

Edit: And yes, you should use (or at least I used) ICS gapps

Enviado desde mi XT860 usando Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: 5318008

daimerion

Dec 5, 2009
Holts Summit, MO
Hm,, not good, my mavrom 4.5 froze at 1.2ghz. Doubt it would be different with ICS?

I would imagine it depends on if it was done in the kernel or if it was via the old method. I think if its done in the kernel we won't have anything to worry about and may even get up to 1.5. I normally would freeze as well however haven't yet(knock on wood).

Sent from my XT862 using xda app-developers app

enigmaco

Jan 6, 2011
Columbus
I would imagine it depends on if it was done in the kernel or if it was via the old method. I think if its done in the kernel we won't have anything to worry about and may even get up to 1.5. I normally would freeze as well however haven't yet(knock on wood).

I want to flash this rom just need that camera just in case, not worried about the video side of it. To flash or not to flash that is the question.

AragornPE

Dec 28, 2010
Recife
Wait a few days. Probably we'll have a usable alpha in a couple of weeks. Maybe even a beta!

Sent from my XT860 using xda app-developers app

cocus

Feb 2, 2010
Rosario, Santa Fe, AR
I just want to say, I've tested it, and it does what it says. I have a Milestone 3 (XT860).
Full HD decoding works like a charm.
Wifi works good, bluetooth also (ive tested HID, and obex), USB is working (just for the external SD, the other drive appears as "no media inserted", and the other one, the Motorola CD).
No sound (neither notifications, nor Apollo) neither on Speakerphone, nor earphone connector.
Battery indicator is not working (but charger indicator is).
Strange thing: Looks like the kernel is actually enabling the DAC (or the output op-amp), because I can hear a "click" when it start or stop playing something. (but not the sound)
There is the same issue as rojocapo says, 0dBm 97 asu, but I can't get calls working, nor sms.
For the calls, I get a crash on "com.android.phone", and SMS justs doesnt sends. (I've selected GSM only, or GSM/WDCMA, but no success) (PS: I live in Argentina, Carrier: Claro)
GTA 3 is not working at all (OpenGL issues? or no-sound stuff?)

I've attached the full dmesg, logcat, and other stuff like cpuinfo, /dev list, etc.

Well, for now, its a good start. I would love to help making the kernel.
Thanks!

Attachments

• log.zip
    53.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Reactions: Theri0n and 5318008

gotoman00

Feb 5, 2010
Orlando
xt862 here and after a wipe, install, and gapps from 4/29 touchscreen input is not working at all.. had to use keyboard to navigate through the initial google account setup...can't use touchscreen at all after either :(

*edit* - not sure what happened there but a reboot seems to have fixed it

Last edited:

ChaoticWeaponry

Oct 23, 2011

The voltage regulator on our phones has a maximum of 1400mV. With that I could get to 1.32GHz. So maximum I would say is around 1.35 or 1.4GHz..

MrPib

Oct 10, 2009
This is awesome! Finally I get to play around with Chrome, which is a great browser.

Thanks to all involved.

inchewazu

Sep 13, 2010
nice

well this are great news...! thought this scene were dead..! well if there is any way i can help...! just let me know maybe ill'be trying this rom by tomorrow...!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Jellybean 4.2.2 for the Droid 3

[ CURRENTLY THIS ROM REQUIRES A ROM-SLOT1 INSTALL IN SAFESTRAP ]

[ ALL Jellybean 4.2.x ROMs should be using 20130301 GApps: http://goo.im/gapps ]

OFFICIAL CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2): [NIGHTLIES]
    http://www.get.cm/?device=solana&type=nightly
    [03/06] - BT/Speakerphone Fix in next nightly(thanks DHacker)
    [02/26] - HWcomposer API 1.0 (JB-MR1 compliant)
    [02/26] - HD codec fixes
    [02/26] - Kernel updates / bugfixes for clock management, battery drain and stability
    [02/26] - Android 4.2.2 merged into CM10.1
    [01/23] - MMS fix (sending from native Messaging app)
    [01/20] - Keyboard Backlight fixes (tied to the front button backlight for now)
    [01/18] - Fixed incoming call bug
    [01/16] - Fixed bluetooth for device starting. Audio is still bad.

OLDER CyanogenMod 10.1:
    http://goo.im/devs/Hashcode/solana/cm10.1/

AOKP (Android 4.2.2): [B5]
    http://aokp.co/supported-devices/?id=58&device=solana

Official release: [GETTING REBUILT FOR BOOT ISSUE]
    [03/06] - BT/Speakerphone Fix -- need to get a new build up(thanks DHacker)
    [03/05] - Official Release Build #5
    [02/26] - Official Release Build #4
    [02/26] - HWcomposer API 1.0 (JB-MR1 compliant)
    [02/26] - HD codec fixes
    [02/26] - Kernel updates / bugfixes for clock management, battery drain and stability

OLDER AOKP:
    http://goo.im/devs/hashcode/solana/aokp/

CyanogenMod 10:
    http://goo.im/devs/hashcode/solana/cm10/

USING WITH GSM INFORMATION FOUND HERE (by Skreelink):
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=34057016&postcount=1

ICS BUILDS:

CyanogenMod 9:
    http://goo.im/devs/hashcode/solana/cm9/
    ** NOTE: I Kept the HD Codecs alive in this build. I realize they are laggy and need work to reduce the memory impact.

KERNEL NOTES:

This is the same kexec kernel used in the CM9 builds, so expect all of the same issues (see below):
    - No Camera
    Re: [WIP][KERNEL][KEXEC] JB ROMS For Droid 3 [01/23: MMS/Kbd Backlight FIX]

Hi guys,
    A quick update on what I'm doing atm.

I've been taking the kexec kernel and walking back through every problem that it is currently having.

This includes the high battery drain, and other "oddness" only present after kexec.

Right now I'm working on the current kernel code, but I may go back and do a completely new build up of the kernel starting back from the 3.0.8 RAZR kernel again and work my way forward applying all of the fixes I have in the current branch.

This would create a much nicer git history helping to maintain the kernel in the future.

TL;DR: All of the current bugs in the kexec kernel have been identified and Im working on fixes. There is still no fix for the camera due to proprietary files which dont exist for the 3.0 kernel.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
    Just a side note today: I've fixed the download links in the OP. No new builds out (yet).

Also, I've been working with DHacker to restructure our hosting / downloads site: rombot.org (formerly rombot.droidhive.com)

The goal was for stability and added features.
    - Downloads at: http://files.rombot.org/
    - Bugtracker (in progress) at: http://bugzilla.rombot.org/
    - (Needs fixing) Gitweb tracker for the Android source projects we work on
    - Basic support forums for the devices that I work on
    - And eventually I'll be migrating my blog postings over to rombot.org as well.

FYI: I will also continue to maintain the threads here at XDA and other active Droid 3 websites.

Hope everyone is having a great day.
    UPDATED: 2013-02-26

CURRENT DROID 3 DEVELOPMENT:

CAMERA NOTES:
    ** I would never expect the camera to be fully functioning. I am working several avenues to get a functional camera on the Droid 3, but they're all sketchy at best. Just know that if you choose to flash custom ROMs w/ newer OS versions: You won't have a camera.
    ** Did I say don't expect the camera to be fixed? If it was to be fixed, trust me, you'll see me all over the boards, twitter and the social universe telling people about it.
    ** There are other devs now working on the kexec kernel and it's possible that they can get some basic camera functionality through kernel drivers. It's quite complicated and there are no public data sheets which describe the sensor functions in great detail for our devices.
    ** Don't expect the camera to be fixed.

CHANGES OVER THE LAST MONTH:

BATTERY LIFE / KERNEL BUGFIXES:
    https://github.com/STS-Dev-Team/kernel_mapphone_kexec/commits/3.0.31
    - Several internal clocks which were left active are now turned off as they should be. (since they're un-used)
    - IPI/LOCAL timers were re-enabled in the kernel. These are interrupt driven timers which help trigger various drivers for updates.
    - Bugfixes to allow other lower level functions to run in the kernel as well like gpmc
    - I've fixed the kernel bootlog recovery driver (/proc/last_kmsg) so that this now works in our kexec kernel. This is a copy of the last kernel bootlog from a prior boot. So if you crash, please reboot and pull /proc/last_kmsg with adb and send me a log via email: hashcode0f at gmail.com
    - Removed a hack to initiate the sound driver, causing it to stay active all of the time in the background. It now starts normally and suspends normally. (Thanks to kfazz for the fix).

JB-MR1 DEVICE UPDATES WITH OMAPZOOM:
    https://github.com/STS-Dev-Team/android_device_motorola_solana/commits/jb-mr1
    - hwcomposer now updated to API1.0
    - domx (HD codec) code updated to the latest sources

CHANGES OVER THE NEXT MONTH:
    - I'm taking the kexec kernel back to the beginning and re-merging Motorola's changes with the Texas Instrument changes that are needed to run the kernel on the Droid 3: memory allocations, HD codec binary changes, etc.
    - This process is already 3-4 weeks in the running, and will be another 2-3 weeks before it's done.
    - Once that kernel source is ready for prime-time, I'm going to swap the Droid 3 over to the new kernel source.

WHY DO THIS?
    - By taking the time to create a full kernel history (from omapzoom) and integrate the Motorola changes into it, I can then migrate the kernel sources forward in a nice orderly manner cherry-picking new kernel commits directly from Omapzoom.
    - This should make for a much cleaner / more stable kexec kernel in the future. And allows other devs to see where I'm going w/ kernel development so that they can add to it. Each file shows how it was edited and by who so it's more transparent where Motorola made their changes to the original TI kernel.

BATTERY DRAIN AND WHEN WILL IT BE "FIXED":
    - The current kernel cannot put the UART ports to sleep like a normally booted kernel can. There is an issue that happens during kexec where the clocks associated w/ the UART ports become stuck in a full enabled mode. Any attempts to place them in suspend or disable hangs the kernel. It's being looked at. Right now the device never really 100% suspends. Hence higher than normal battery usage.

"OFFICIAL" ____ (AOKP/CM) MEANS WORKING CAMERA/BLUETOOTH AUDIO RIGHT?
    - No. Actually "official" just means you can repo init the source straight from either AOKP/CM and build the device w/o worrying too much about extra sources or patches, etc.
    - "Official" also means automated builds for the device (in some fashion). Currently for AOKP it's every 2-3 weeks and for CM it's nightly. These have the benefit of including any changes to the ROM automatically.
    - The device doesn't get any more devs
    - The device isn't magically fixed or more stable

Just thought I'd toss that in :)
    Hi Guys,

I know there hasn't been a whole lot of progress on the D3 front. It really centers around 3 main issues with the kexec kernel that I'm working on:
    - Deep sleep issues
    - Sensor issues
    - Stability / lock ups

So, over the last few days, I took the stock RAZR kernel and cleaned it up quite a bit, trying to see if these issues would show up when booting the stock Moto ROM but with a 3.0.8 kexec kernel. Hoping to forward fort any fixes.

You can see some of this work here:
    https://github.com/STS-Dev-Team/kernel_mapphone_kexec/commits/3.0.8

Right now, I can see some sensor fixes, and possible stability improvements, but still seeing deep sleep issues.

So, I'll keep hacking away on it.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2