Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

M

Mohammed Atif

How to root note 3 4.4.2 , I'll try using some other rom

stevessvt

Nov 6, 2010
Lake Worth
I just noticed a lot of black blank spots on my Mobile Network Signal bar, but I always have a strong LTE signal, and its never had a problem trying to use data. Im beginning to think its a ROM or Kit Kat bug. Im bone stock never rooted.

dobbs3x

Dec 25, 2010
Eugene, OR
I have a problem with data on kitkat too. Tried stock and a couple custom Roms and it still will stick on the 3g icon and won't initiate back up and all network flow is halted. I have to airplane mode cycle to get it back. Does it quite a bit in a day. I only have hspa+ here.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

M

Mohammed Atif

I have rooted 4.4.2 and flased infamous rom no more problems of network :)

Anonymous777

Jun 17, 2012
Salt Lake City
Try this... Pull battery - take out - sim - then put it back in and power on your phone. Then go into mobile networks - network operators - hit search and wait a couple minutes then a list should pull up and hit the one that says tmobile.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

motog35

Oct 17, 2010
I'm having similar problems.... I leave Pandora on all day at work, and lately it's been turning off every several minutes. I check data, it shows 4G LTE but not getting any data. I have to toggle Airplane mode on and off for it to come back on.

Anyone know of a fix or having this issue?

Anonymous777

Jun 17, 2012
Salt Lake City
I feel your pain

This is the speed average I've been getting lately. I'd rather be on Wifi, I can get up in the 30mb DL and around 10-15 UL. But this is crap.

Attachments

• Screenshots_2014-03-25-20-47-00.jpg
    Screenshots_2014-03-25-20-47-00.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 86

Amd4life

Dec 30, 2010
I have the same issue. Using 2.7.0.0 teamwin recovery

If I have a touch wiz KK ROM(stock, infamous, xnote, Jedi), my data cycles in and off every 5 minutes or so, as if its sleeping. All have the same issue on my phone.

I have Odin full stock multiple times to try and clear the modem. Just odd

If I use a AOSP KK ROM (gummy, slim, temasek), I have no data connection issues at all. I prefer TW due to the better sound volume and lack of touch sound distortion, but the darn data is annoying.

Is there a buildprop setting I can maybe tweak in touch wiz to get the data connection to stick?

dobbs3x

Dec 25, 2010
Eugene, OR
I have the same issue. Using 2.7.0.0 teamwin recovery

If I have a touch wiz KK ROM(stock, infamous, xnote, Jedi), my data cycles in and off every 5 minutes or so, as if its sleeping. All have the same issue on my phone.

I have Odin full stock multiple times to try and clear the modem. Just odd

If I use a AOSP KK ROM (gummy, slim, temasek), I have no data connection issues at all. I prefer TW due to the better sound volume and lack of touch sound distortion, but the darn data is annoying.

Is there a buildprop setting I can maybe tweak in touch wiz to get the data connection to stick?

That's interesting, I have the same issue but I tried slim aosp and I thought it still gave me the issue. I'll flash another aosp today and see if my data stops doing that.

Scarinzi

Oct 21, 2010
South Carolina
I also have this problem. I have an excellent 4G LTE signal everywhere I go but at times I will lose data even though it shows I have data. I have to cycle on and off airplane mode to make it work.
I'm on stock kk never rooted. I was also having this problem before the kk update. I was hoping updating would help. It didn't.
I took it to local T-Mobile yesterday and they looked it over and checked software. Everything checked out.
This is very frustrating when you're in the middle of doing something and lose Data.

Reactions: trim81

tramane

Jun 11, 2005
Austin, TX
Its the new modem theres somethign wonky about it.
I have the same issue and it started when I updated the modem.
I had been using TX 4.4.2 roms without updating then decided to update the device in Odin
Got the new modem, i have better signal (more bars) bu a worse connection now at home

Anonymous777

Jun 17, 2012
Salt Lake City
I know those speeds are great. I guess I wasn't very clear, I meant the speeds I was getting on the cellular network which are like 3mb download and 1 upload.

Kid Poker

Feb 22, 2008
NY
I have the similar problem, but not with LTE. For the past 2 days, I've been receiving text msg a few hours later, both times I got it at 1:30AM. Also my friend calls me, the phone didn't ring but it only showed "Miss Call" notification

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After update to kitkat network keep going off every 5 minutes , is there any way to fix ?...

Are you rooted? Are you running stock rom? Have you checked your APN settings and verified all is good? Have you tried a factory reset?
    I also have this problem. I have an excellent 4G LTE signal everywhere I go but at times I will lose data even though it shows I have data. I have to cycle on and off airplane mode to make it work.
    I'm on stock kk never rooted. I was also having this problem before the kk update. I was hoping updating would help. It didn't.
    I took it to local T-Mobile yesterday and they looked it over and checked software. Everything checked out.
    This is very frustrating when you're in the middle of doing something and lose Data.

Those speeds aren't crap dude. That a enough do watch a movie without buffering