[Q] 4.3 CRT effect zip?

Search This thread

Trppmdm

Jan 19, 2014
I posted a topic some weeks earlier, but it derailed fast and then died out.

Anyway, is there a way to add the CRT effect using some .zip that is flashable through root explorer or CWM? Is there a way without Xposed?

rizla2

Jul 2, 2013
I like my OS to be as minimal as possible... Installing some Xposed app for that CRT effect isn't what I would like.

Anyway, please stop derailing!

AFAIK, there is no other method to get crt effect on stock 4.3 for xperia m. There might be some 4.3 roms that have that effect, but you will have to check that out yourself. Or you can wait until someone makes a mod for it.

Trppmdm

Jan 19, 2014
AFAIK, there is no other method to get crt effect on stock 4.3 for xperia m. There might be some 4.3 roms that have that effect, but you will have to check that out yourself. Or you can wait until someone makes a mod for it.

Hm :\

Well, just curious: how do you install Xposed with GravityBox? Preferably link me to a thread, because I don't see any thread on these forums related to Xposed.

rizla2

Jul 2, 2013
Hm :\

Well, just curious: how do you install Xposed with GravityBox? Preferably link me to a thread, because I don't see any thread on these forums related to Xposed.

It's pretty simple, you download and install xposed installer and then, using that app, you install framework to your phone. Reboot, and then you download gravitybox for jb from xposed installer(it has sort of download centre that allows you to easily find and download modules), install it, activate module in xposed installer and reboot your phone. Then you can modifxy whatever you want with that gravitybox app, most things dont require reboot to apply changes, but some of them do. FYI, you can also try xblast tools module if you don't like gravitybox for changing screen off effect.
Links: xdaforums.com/xposed/framework-xposed-rom-modding-modifying-t1574401
xdaforums.com/xposed/modules/app-gravitybox-v2-9-1-tweak-box-android-t2316070
Don't be scared with warnings that gravitybox needs aosp roms to work, it works fine on stock xperia rom.

Last edited: