[KERNEL][ROM] FXP Cyanogenmod 11 (SGP2xx)

Search This thread

Alex1911

Aug 13, 2013
Nothing Phone 1
Hi Guys,

i am happy to annouce that the Xperia Z2 Tablet, recieves Unoffical CM11 weekly built's by The Free Xperia Project-Team, available on there Site www.fxpblog.co

I don't take any Credits, i just thought about posting the good News for everyone to see.

Things needed:
Root
Unlocked Bootloader
Recovery

Flashing Procedure for CWM:

1. Reboot to Recovery or at Start up press Volume-Up (CWM) till the Recovery shows up.
2. back a complete Backup of your actual Rom (optional)
3. go to Mounts and storage.
4. format: cache, system, data.
5. go in advanced in the Menu and wipe "Dalvik Cache"
6. Install zip from sdcard (Internal Storage) or sdcard1 (MicroSD)
7. Choose the downloaded zip-file named like example: "FXP327-CM11-20140706-UNOFFICAL-castor" and make sure you have the right build for your device. (there is castor, for LTE version and castor_windy for the Wifi Version) and install it
8. I recommend to use the Paranoid Android Google apps package also know as "PA-Gapps"
9. Install the Latest PA-Gapps for Kitkat reapeat Step 7 just with the PA-Gapps.
10. Reboot to System.

You should now have everthing installed and working.

For any Problems with the Installation or the ROM itself, Qoute me and i will try to help you ;)

Credits:
Free Xperia Project-Team
Cyanogenmod-Team

Best Regard's

Alex1911

Reactions: BabelHuber

bacon612

Jan 9, 2012
Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet
OnePlus 8 Pro
Thanks for posting this. Really looking forward to CM11 on my Castor Windy. The file size for castor windy is about 100 megs smaller than the lte castor. Do we know why? Ill take the plunge and test shortly. Will report back.

Uclydde

Jan 20, 2013
Orlando
Thanks for posting this. Really looking forward to CM11 on my Castor Windy. The file size for castor windy is about 100 megs smaller than the lte castor. Do we know why? Ill take the plunge and test shortly. Will report back.

I'd assume because the LTE version has to support LTE antenna and software and schtuff.

xbill9

Feb 2, 2011
It is still at least 64MB smaller than the pollux windy ROM-
which should be similar in size.

I have had no luck booting the kernel boot.img contained in the
castor_windy ROM zip file on a sgp51x.

I'd assume because the LTE version has to support LTE antenna and software and schtuff.

Last edited:

rcstar6696

Dec 21, 2013
Kassel (Hessen)

This is a Problem in the cm Device tree e.g System ui is missing or settings apk
I wrote a pm to alex1911 how to fix it
After He add this it will work (I have build the Rom by myself some days ago and i fix it there)

thomholwerda

Mar 30, 2011
Well, I did exactly as advertised, but my device is now in a bootloop. No idea what's gone wrong.

Very curious what's gone wrong here. No idea right now.

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

It is still at least 64MB smaller than the pollux windy ROM-
which should be similar in size.

I have had no luck booting the kernel boot.img contained in the
castor_windy ROM zip file on a sgp51x.

Ah so the ROM as uploaded currently is broken, and that's why my device (see post above) is in a bootloop.

Well, I feel stupid now.

Uclydde

Jan 20, 2013
Orlando
Well, I did exactly as advertised, but my device is now in a bootloop. No idea what's gone wrong.

Very curious what's gone wrong here. No idea right now.

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

Ah so the ROM as uploaded currently is broken, and that's why my device (see post above) is in a bootloop.

Well, I feel stupid now.

Yeah my SGP512 will only get into bootloop if I flash the castor_windy. I felt stupid before as if I was doing something wrong, but now I know it's not user error :highfive:

thomholwerda

Mar 30, 2011
Yeah my SGP512 will only get into bootloop if I flash the castor_windy. I felt stupid before as if I was doing something wrong, but now I know it's not user error :highfive:

Weird though, since I can't even get back into cwm - nor can I end the bootloop with the power button (I time holding volume-down to get into fastboot and end the bootloop like that).

EDIT: In fact, "fastboot devices" lists nothing when I do that. So, the way I have to end the bootloop is to connect it to my PC via USB, press volume-down when the devices powers down, and then I hear the device connected sound from Windows. If I then do nothing, the bootloop continues after a while. If I issue "fastboot devices", I get nothing. Yanking out the USB cable shuts the device down.

So strange.

Last edited:

rcstar6696

Dec 21, 2013
Kassel (Hessen)
Rom Castor_windy

Hi
If some one want a complet Rom for wifi-tablet send me a message
I will send you a mega link to download but i don't Support it because i'm New in building Roms but it is completly based on Cyanogenmod trees

Rcstar6696

Reactions: thomholwerda

Uclydde

Jan 20, 2013
Orlando
Weird though, since I can't even get back into cwm - nor can I end the bootloop with the power button (I time holding volume-down to get into fastboot and end the bootloop like that).

EDIT: In fact, "fastboot devices" lists nothing when I do that. So, the way I have to end the bootloop is to connect it to my PC via USB, press volume-down when the devices powers down, and then I hear the device connected sound from Windows. If I then do nothing, the bootloop continues after a while. If I issue "fastboot devices", I get nothing. Yanking out the USB cable shuts the device down.

So strange.

EXACT same thing happened to me. I had to hold down the little red button under the big top flap, then hold up volume while plugging into my pc. I couldn't get into recovery either without flashing a stock ftf and reinstalling recovery. Flashtool is a life saver.

thomholwerda

Mar 30, 2011
EXACT same thing happened to me. I had to hold down the little red button under the big top flap, then hold up volume while plugging into my pc. I couldn't get into recovery either without flashing a stock ftf and reinstalling recovery. Flashtool is a life saver.

So you pressed/held the red button while in the loop, then pressed/held volume-up while pluggin it in?

I'm downloading Flashtool right now, so that should be a decent starting point. What is the stock ftf (ROM I imagine?)?

rcstar6696

Dec 21, 2013
Kassel (Hessen)

You don't need to Flash complete ftf in flashtool exculde all except Kernel (you don't need wipe Data)than Flash the Kernel and Boot into fastboot and Flash doomloards stock kernel

Bin4ry

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 14, 2008
Berlin
Did we mess up the windy tree? Can anybody point me to the problem an i'll push the fix asap.

Regards

xbill9

Feb 2, 2011
You don't need to Flash complete ftf in flashtool exculde all except Kernel (you don't need wipe Data)than Flash the Kernel and Boot into fastboot and Flash doomloards stock kernel

I saw the bootloop as well.

I went back to doomlords rooted stock kernel with CWM.
Then reflashed one of my earlier stock ROM backups.

Out of habit one of the first things I do with new HW
is to take a few full backups from the recovery after
the device is rooted and has a custom recovery.

The unusual thing with the Sony devices is that the recovery
shares the kernel image - so you have to pay attention
to both the kernel version and the ROM version.

Last edited:

Uclydde

Jan 20, 2013
Orlando
So you pressed/held the red button while in the loop, then pressed/held volume-up while pluggin it in?

I'm downloading Flashtool right now, so that should be a decent starting point. What is the stock ftf (ROM I imagine?)?

Make sure to hold the tiny red button at least until it buzzes 3 times. Make sure you're not plugged in while doing this. This basically just turns the tablet off. Then I hold up volume while plugging in to my computer. Just look around on the forums/google for any SGP511 or SGP512 ftf file.

So how did you get back into CWM? I can't seem to get back into CWM at all.

I couldn't either. I had to hard power-off with tiny red button under the bigger top flap. Then hold up volume while plugging into my computer, then flash new ftf in flashtool, then re-install CWM.

So the castor_windy rom will work now?

thomholwerda

Mar 30, 2011
Make sure to hold the tiny red button at least until it buzzes 3 times. Make sure you're not plugged in while doing this. This basically just turns the tablet off. Then I hold up volume while plugging in to my computer. Just look around on the forums/google for any SGP511 or SGP512 ftf file.

I couldn't either. I had to hard power-off with tiny red button under the bigger top flap. Then hold up volume while plugging into my computer, then flash new ftf in flashtool, then re-install CWM.

Alright, thanks a million. I couldn't find a ftf specifically for the SGP512, but according to this comment a specific SGP511 ftf will work as well.

I'm guessing Flashtool is pretty self-explanatory (it looks pretty straightforward), but if not, I'll be back :).

Thanks again!

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

Well, I must have done something wrong.

So, I got Flashtool to recognise the device exactly as you said. However, Flashtool didn't have an option for showing/opening ftf files, so I disconnected the device. I then Googled the exact procedure (and felt like an idiot), found it, and wanted to reconnect the device.

No luck. All I get now is a blue light when I press volume-up and connect it via USB. Flashtool recognises nothing. I also turned it back on into the bootloop, pressed the red button, and tried again - no luck. Any ideas?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks. Is it fixed in just this fxp ROM or in official cm m9 ROM too?

Is the same ROM, we (Team FXP) are the official maintainers of CM. Only FXP gets faster updates, because we can and will test stuff earlier, since do not have to bother if the code can be checked into CM repos etc. etc. And ofc it is build on our very own Server and not on CM servers ;)

TLDR:
    FXP is the same as CM, but more experimental. We the FXP Team are the maintainers of Xperia devices in CM.

Regards
    Hi Guys,

i am happy to annouce that the Xperia Z2 Tablet, recieves Unoffical CM11 weekly built's by The Free Xperia Project-Team, available on there Site www.fxpblog.co

I don't take any Credits, i just thought about posting the good News for everyone to see.

Things needed:
    Root
    Unlocked Bootloader
    Recovery

Flashing Procedure for CWM:

1. Reboot to Recovery or at Start up press Volume-Up (CWM) till the Recovery shows up.
    2. back a complete Backup of your actual Rom (optional)
    3. go to Mounts and storage.
    4. format: cache, system, data.
    5. go in advanced in the Menu and wipe "Dalvik Cache"
    6. Install zip from sdcard (Internal Storage) or sdcard1 (MicroSD)
    7. Choose the downloaded zip-file named like example: "FXP327-CM11-20140706-UNOFFICAL-castor" and make sure you have the right build for your device. (there is castor, for LTE version and castor_windy for the Wifi Version) and install it
    8. I recommend to use the Paranoid Android Google apps package also know as "PA-Gapps"
    9. Install the Latest PA-Gapps for Kitkat reapeat Step 7 just with the PA-Gapps.
    10. Reboot to System.

You should now have everthing installed and working.

For any Problems with the Installation or the ROM itself, Qoute me and i will try to help you ;)

Credits:
    Free Xperia Project-Team
    Cyanogenmod-Team

Best Regard's

Alex1911
    Rom Castor_windy

Hi
    If some one want a complet Rom for wifi-tablet send me a message
    I will send you a mega link to download but i don't Support it because i'm New in building Roms but it is completly based on Cyanogenmod trees

Rcstar6696

So strange.

So how did you get back into CWM? I can't seem to get back into CWM at all.

So the castor_windy rom will work now?