[Request] Latest ClockworkMod Recovery Update.zip For Captivate

Search This thread

TheShamsMan

Oct 11, 2010
Taitung
Hello everybody!

Can I trouble someone upload or point me to where I can download the latest ClockworkMod Recovery update.zip file for the Samsung Captivate?

Thanks!

j_bravo14

Jun 1, 2011
what is the safe method of flashing a rom? Installing CWM from update.zip of flashing a rom using CWM flashed through ODIN?

movrshakr

Jan 20, 2011
what is the safe method of flashing a rom? Installing CWM from update.zip of flashing a rom using CWM flashed through ODIN?

Oh boy, you have opened a never ending discussion now!

After you have done flashing for a while, the answer will be "whatever way you like best." For a very first timer, I would suggest the AIO tool at
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=944418

Personally, I am generally upgrading within a single ROM and I like to move it onto the sdcard and use CWM red recovery (3-button entry or from 'boot to recovery' in power-down menu now on my phone) and flash ROM from that, using the 'install zip from sdcard' option, or however it is worded.

Still looking for an answer to
"Is there any site or thread that has all/most CWMs in update.zip form, shows their versions, and describes them?"

Last edited:

TheShamsMan

Oct 11, 2010
Taitung
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone with the latest version of CWM (I believe it's a 3.0 version) wouldn't mind posting their update.zip?

ROM Manager doesn't work properly for me. Plus, I don't like using it. At all.

Thanks!

plwalsh88

Apr 4, 2011
Boston, MA

bonefan03

Jun 30, 2010
When i had 2.2 froyo I just flashed DG's odin file to revert back to a rooted stock froyo. This worked for me I would upload the file but I no longer have it. sorry

xxfaskxx

Apr 11, 2011
columbus
You can use the one click root and if clockwork mod is not working on your stock 2.2 just use odin to flash the speed mod kernel it comes with clockwork and root access so you can use room manager etc.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA Premium App

Top Liked Posts