[mi7ROM][16.02.2012] Omnia 7 mi7ROM_1.1 DFT HTC dll´s

Search This thread

mirolg

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 25, 2009
I see you old friend can't just sit and watch :) Great work flashed it on my buddy Omnia working like charm, I had no luck finding HTC Titan so I am stuck with android :( Keep up!!!

you are ever welcome my friend :) look forward- wp7 will really rise up! now custom ROMs on our Omnia7- I love this device- probably perfect!

Sent from my OMNIA7 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

mirolg

Oct 25, 2009
Step by step flash guide ...

Download these files:

1. I8700_Samsung_Mobile_USB_Driver(V5.2)_V1.2.1050.0. exe.zip
2. MAGLDR V2.00 DFT_MLI_SAM1.zip
3. your desired Omnia 7 mi7ROM

Make sure, you have installed WMDC or ActiveSync if you haveWIN XP and read here if you have trouble to install it with a 64-bit dektop pc

first install the 1. usb driver on your pc, then set your omnia in downloadmode: power off your device. press and HOLD camera button and Volume plus button and power button. You get a BIG yellow triangle. usb connect to pc Now start 2. DFT_MLI_SAM1.exe, select omnia7 device and install the MAGLDR V2.00.

extract/unzip my 3. rom in a folder. now power off (or battery in/out) and set your omnia in MAGLDR mode: press and HOLD cam button and Volume minus button and power button. You get a little yellow triangle, press the back button= MAGLDR modus to flash a custom ROM. usb connect to pc, start the DFT_WPI_SAM1.exe (from extracted ROM folder) press next ... download start.

INFO: after flash first start: it will display image linking phone and PC. wait few seconds it will reboot. then wait for few seconds on samsung logo- it will start

good luck, miro
cool.gif

Last edited:

MrPappy86

Dec 13, 2008
mirolg thx for your hard work

One little question. Its possible to tweak the camera because if i record in hd the video is lag?

manganoid

Sep 30, 2011
Hi, some new experience regarding this ROM. I tried those GPS settings via the Diagnostics app and detecting the satellites is a tad faster (pure GPS, no 3g support etc.) but the camera is kinda different. Many of the settings in the camera are new to me, for instance, I never had the 'sharpness' item under the camera settings during the stock rom and all of my photos now look a little pixelated (even on finest resolution). Yup, the 720p video seems more laggy than before (not much more, but noticeable). Other than that, I noticed that the battery remaining time fluctuates depending on the rate I'm using the phone so, in other words, the battery life seems to be O.K.
Any news on the goodbye bug?
Anyhow, thanx for this ROM, it's amazing and keep up the good work

Reactions: mirolg

contable

Oct 25, 2009
I noticed another positive feature of the full-unlocked roms:

If you copy .pfd-files to "My Documents" folder you can open them from office hub. On my last stock-rom this wasn´t possible.

Note: if you choose in the office hub "Device" as storage you can share pdf´s via email or upload them to skydrive (long press on the filename).

How to copy pdf´s from the isolated storage of Adope Reader to My Documents ?

A)
1. Open TouchXplorer
2. Browse to "Applications"
3. Open "Data" folder
3. Search for the GUID of Adope Reader (starts with BC4...)
4. Open the folder
5. Open "Data"
6. Open "IsolatedStore" folder
7. Choose the files and copy them to "My Documents" (with TouchXplorer you can choose multiple files)

B)
1. Install WM Device Center app on your device
2. Connect your device via USB to your desktop and let Zune sync
3. Start WM Device Center app
4. WM Device Center should open on your desktop
5. Browse to the "IsolatedStore" folder of Adope Reader (described above) and copy the files to "My Documents" folder

Regards

contable

Reactions: mirolg

mirolg

Oct 25, 2009
@contable tnx for this usable tip
one good tip: If you have much of custom xap´s, zip all to one zip file

1. Install WM Device Center app (tnx ultrashot) on your device
2. Connect your device via USB to your desktop and let Zune sync
3. Start WM Device Center app
4. WM Device Center should open on your desktop (if not open it manually)
5. Browse to the to "My Documents" folder and copy your xaps.zip
6. open the folder with TouchXplorer and install :)http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=930171&stc=1&d=1330810956

Attachments

• WmdcLauncher.xap
    699.6 KB · Views: 29

contable

Oct 25, 2009
Thx miro. Indeed very useful !

Sent from my OMNIA7 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

contable

Oct 25, 2009
Hi, i'm unable to get WMDC recognize my Omnia 7 on Win 7 AMD x64. Any suggestions?

I had the same problem at the beginning.

For me it´s working this way:

1. Run Zune
2. Connect your O7 via usb
3. Wait til the sync process is finished
4. Open the WMDC app on your device
5. If WMDC doesn´t open automatically press "Run" button

Edit: The most important step is that zune has synced 100% before you try to connect or it will not work at all

Last edited:

manganoid

Sep 30, 2011
thanx for the quick reply 'contable' but nope, it doesn't work. It seems that my Win 7 has issues with Omnia 7 (everytime I tried to install the MAGLDR than the mi7ROM I had to manually START the install file of the WMDC to start recognising that some device is connected and to search for the drivers. Now I tried the same, I got the new device window, but after a while it says Device unplugged. Weird.

contable

Oct 25, 2009
thanx for the quick reply 'contable' but nope, it doesn't work. It seems that my Win 7 has issues with Omnia 7 (everytime I tried to install the MAGLDR than the mi7ROM I had to manually START the install file of the WMDC to start recognising that some device is connected and to search for the drivers. Now I tried the same, I got the new device window, but after a while it says Device unplugged. Weird.

Sometimes all that stuff makes me crazy. E.g. on my main-notebook (Win7 64 bit) I can´t flash custom roms because the O7 isn´t recognised via usb when it´s in MAGLDR mode, but WMDC is working fine. On my Win7 32 bit notebook I can flash custom roms and WMDC is working, too.

You should try to connect with WMDC using another desktop pc, so you will be sure that everything is o.k. with your O7....

bbezja1

Apr 4, 2008
Ptuj
Hi everyone!
I was searching a bit for a good custom ROM for my Omnia7 and this one seems to have the least of (important) problems.

Making a list of + and - for this ROM, I am now wondering if it is a good idea to abandon the custom ROM:
+ fully unlocked - pirating, running native apps
+ installing .xap from IE
- camera doesnt work properly - pixelated, laggy video
- problems connecting to Zune
- shutdown (Goodbye screen) freeze
-- no speed, response or battery tweaks
PREINSTALLED HTC apps, touchXplorer, Regedit, AdvancedConfig, touchXperience

So I am wondering if it is really worth to overwrite the official ROM for little gain and alot of pain. Thanks for any clarification!

Also to OP: Could you make a clear list of what is working and what isn't? Or atleast link to this post and i will update the list. Your first post is too messy.

Last edited:

mirolg

Oct 25, 2009
:D too messy- you are a funny boy or just arogant, sorry

for the first- I **** this ROM for me and I share it here for FREE :p

how much experience with custom ROMs you have- flash first the DFT ROM and try it... you will see if is ok or not for you. flash this mine and discuss- but please not before ...

only two Omnia7 custom ROMs exist, this mine and the DFT ROM. mine has over 700 downloads and over 600 downloads samsung focus.

for all experts like you:-

- mine based on the DFT ROM, but with bugfix and a older firmware with ability to use the proxml files over diagnosis app

- full unlock has nothing to do with pirate apps- able to run native apps, like opera mobile 10 or the DFT BT file transfer
- this ROM has a maximum off unlock- able to full administrate your system
- all HTC dll's to full works with HTC apps and touchXplorer, Regedit, AdvancedConfing AND touchXpirience
- it has all actuall exist improvements- cab sender updates support!
- its a unique experts ROM :D

- the ONLY really existing bug is the goodbye freezing- never problems with desktop system os- I use windows7 32-bit no problems to connect Zune or wmdc or other. this problems causes from 64-bit computer systems, incompatible driver or, but on user experience...

flash a custom ROM or not.
...you will lost all your apps and personal settings ...

Last edited:

bbezja1

Apr 4, 2008
Ptuj
oh i know quite enough about flashing and it is too messy.
full unlock has quite alot to do with pirating, there is no denying it :)
other than that you just repeated what i said and keep ignoring the problems with camera.

i am not stupid enough to flash buggy roms just to see how it works :) That is why we have forums and communities :)

I can hope someone else can give a more useful answer; but thanks anyway

- its a unique experts ROM :D
Are you serious? And you call me funny boy? :S

mirolg

Oct 25, 2009
how much experience with OMNIA7 custom ROMs you have?
is not so easy to compare this ROM ......
- ROM download 700 x by far no negative feedbacks ....

- feedback with camera issue 1- 2 user (i can´t confirm this issue)
- feedback with connecting issue 2-3 user (i can´t confirm this- it causes most of 64-bit computer systems or (old) XP systems- i have no problems to connect zune or other services, no problem to install MAGLDR)
-- no speed, response or battery tweaks and who say that?
PREINSTALLED HTC apps, touchXplorer, Regedit, AdvancedConfig, touchXperience and why is that a problem? this is a feature off this ROM- Normally this usefull apps works only on a HTC device

THE really bug is - shutdown (Goodbye screen) freeze

maybe- make your own, better ROM ...

Last edited:

bbezja1

Apr 4, 2008
Ptuj
The rest probably didn't notice the problem or are not complaining about it.
nowhere did i say that preinstalled apps are a problem or anything like that.
If you would include any tweaks, you would be boasting about it.
All you do here is preinstall apps and fully unlock the rom, but that is obviously all you are capable of doing. Thank you for trying your best, though! ;)

Obviously, custom roms for Omnia 7 are not better than official yet (there are easier ways to fully unlock). I will come back in a few months to check if things are any better and cooks are mature :)
thank you!

Last edited:

mirolg

Oct 25, 2009
The rest probably didn't notice the problem or are not complaining about it.
nowhere did i say that preinstalled apps are a problem or anything like that.

Obviously, custom roms for Omnia 7 are not better than official yet. I will come back in a few months to check if things are any better and cooks are mature :)

Thanks you for trying your best ;)

correctly: only touchXplorer and regeditor are preinstalled nothing else no Samsung and no HTC apps- but the HTC dll's give you the ability if you like to use the Apps and features ....

ok. is your opinion- not my problem- but I have one if one, the has not flash my ROM, the will compare or write untrue issues over it... I will not miss you :D

mirolg

Oct 25, 2009
Obviously, custom roms for Omnia 7 are not better than official yet (there are easier ways to fully unlock). I will come back in a few months to check if things are any better and cooks are mature :) thank you!

oooh, a wp7 expert :D - a fully unlock you get ONLY with a custom ROM, but is ok.- you are the best :D

If you would include any tweaks, you would be boasting about it. All you do here is preinstall apps and fully unlock the rom, but that is obviously all you are capable of doing. Thank you for trying your best, though! ;)

...what for good things or work you have do for our community :D:p

FU ...if you not respect my work- go home in your Jungle you troll, to spamm and flame there... You are not good enought to enjoy my fruits.... official updates over Cab sender and full HTC dll's function are the specially on this ROM- but a dumb person as you has no plan over this. goodbye and PLEASE come not, never back :D:p

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [update]Omnia 7 mi7ROM mango 8107 DFT CORE CAB SENDER!!
    >FULL UNLOCKED< root, developer and interop unlock + cab sender for official updates- never more need to flash again :D

Step by step flash guide ... or How to flash the samsung customrom tnx pdaimatejam

download link

INFO: after flash first start: it will display image linking phone and PC. wait few seconds it will reboot. then wait for few seconds on samsung logo- it will start

BUGGS: "Goodbye" screen frezze atfter slide to power off
    SOLUTION: If you need to power off: press and hold long time the power button. really hard to find this stupid bug- i know the reason for it is the oem part- but here are 30 packages with 20 files ...... I have to change file per file and to flash 30x20= 600 times
    biggrin.gif
    and this time for this really minor bug i don´t have. .. if I change the whole oem part- it works, but we loose the cab sender function

Credits / Many thanks to :cool::
    Cotulla, DFT Team, mwang
    Barin, AnDim, HD2Owner
    ultrashot
    Julien Schapman
    Lidan and Ofir
    singularity0821
    YukiXDA, xboxmod
    pdaimatejam and all other great xda developer
    AND contable for friendly beta test :)

technicaly based on first DFT freedom Samsung ROM but with following changes/ improvements:

oem driver and packages from samsung firmware I8700XXKI4

Firmware revision number: 2424.11.9.4

Hardware revision number: 3.15.0.4
    Radio software version: 2424.11.9.1
    Radio hardware version: 0.0.0.800

- cab sender support for official updates (I have test it with add the chinese language cab)
    - with internetSharing function (in settings), provxml works again, if you need pls install manually the DiagnosisApp.xap tnx contable

-
    NO Custom starscreen!
    - all htc system dll´s and polices cooked in (TouchXperience/WPDM works on this ROM :D) test by contable

full works preinstalled apps (only few- we have to save this rom part for updates)

- RegistryEditor.xap

- AdvancedConfig.xap it works!
    - HTC DLNA Connected_Media.xap it works! :D
    - Nokia_Maps.xap
    - RestartPhone.xap
    - ScanSearch.xap
    - TouchXplorer.xap it works!
    - nokia sounds and themes htc, nokia ....
    - the rest please download
    here (htc hub, bazaar and more) tnx htcfanboys :) browse direct with your IE mobile to install the xap)

18 Language with dictionarys (sorry, but we need free storage for upcomming updates)

Info: Camera settings now for all languages

0c0a ESN Spanish
    0405 CSY Czech
    0406 DAN Danish
    0407 DEU German
    0408 ELL Greek
    0409 USA English United States
    040B FIN Finnish
    040C FRA French
    040E Hungarian
    0410 ITA Italian
    0413 NLD Dutch
    0414 NOR Norwegian
    0415 PLK Polish
    0416 PTB Portuguese Brasil
    0419 RUS Russian
    041D SVD Swedish
    0809 English United Kingdom
    0816 PTG Portugese

Step by step flash guide ...

Download these files:

1. I8700_Samsung_Mobile_USB_Driver(V5.2)_V1.2.1050.0. exe.zip
    2. MAGLDR V2.00 DFT_MLI_SAM1.zip
    3. your desired Omnia 7 mi7ROM

Make sure, you have installed WMDC or ActiveSync if you haveWIN XP and read here if you have trouble to install it with a 64-bit dektop pc

first install the 1. usb driver on your pc, then set your omnia in downloadmode: power off your device. press and HOLD camera button and Volume plus button and power button. You get a BIG yellow triangle. usb connect to pc Now start 2. DFT_MLI_SAM1.exe, select omnia7 device and install the MAGLDR V2.00.

extract/unzip my 3. rom in a folder. now power off (or battery in/out) and set your omnia in MAGLDR mode: press and HOLD cam button and Volume minus button and power button. You get a little yellow triangle, press the back button= MAGLDR modus to flash a custom ROM. usb connect to pc, start the DFT_WPI_SAM1.exe (from extracted ROM folder) press next ... download start.

good luck, miro
    cool.gif
    the next to be a perfect ROM, i have get the premission from xbmod :cool: to add his certificates in my mi7ROM to works with the cab sender updates! :cool:

many tnx to pdaimatejam for help me with it!

thanks and enjoy, miro
    How to disable the "letter index" on application menu? :)

This Rom is beautiful!!!

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Start/GroupingThreshold

Change Value Data....for default is 0 and increases it (for exsample 90)
    or however a greater number of how many are your installed applications

Save Exit and Reboot
    new mirror link
    http://www.4shared.com/zip/kUJCIk4x/mi7ROM_11__Omnia_7_DFT_and_Cab.html

- cab sender support official update cabs
    - only few preinstalled apps (to save the ROM part for updates) the rest please download here (htc hub, bazaar and more) tnx pdaimatejam (browse direct with your IE mobile to install the xap)
    - camerasettings now with all 18 languages
    - 18 languages (to save the ROM part for updates) deleted: CHT -CHS JPN -KOR
    - the search button= standard bing again

enjoy and post your feedbacks, PLEASE :)