[Beta] Opera Mobile Labs - most stable browser I've used on TF201

Search This thread

ickk

Nov 8, 2011
Tampa, FL
This browser has been out for a few weeks but I figured I would post it here for you guys. I've used just about every mobile browser out there and know the issues with most of them.

Stock - Not many options, slower than others, bugs here and there
Firefox - Poor desktop UA, lacks many of the add-ons that make firefox worth using.
Dolphin - Collects user data, not quite as quick as competition
Maxathon - Bulky and FC's alot
Chrome - BUGGY
Boat - Nice UI, very customisable, but choppy webpages, quick to load but not as stable.
Opera - Quick and loads pages with stable scrolling, but randomly exits alot and has some problems with flash.

Opera Mobile Labs 12 is like Opera without the exits and flash issues and the addition of desktop extensions like ghostery, noscript, etc. For ages I've been asking, why can't Android have a single browser that doesn't suck in one way or another, so far it looks like my prayers have been answered. I'm mostly surprised it's a beta build. Let me know what you think.

http://dev.opera.com/articles/view/extensions-opera-mobile-labs/

Last edited:

Jonphinguyen7

Oct 18, 2011
This browser has been out for a few weeks but I figured I would post it here for you guys. I've used just about every mobile browser out there and know the issues with most of them.

Firefox - Poor desktop UA, lacks many of the add-ons that make firefox worth using.
Chrome - BUGGY
Boat - Nice UI, very customisable, but choppy webpages, quick to load but not as stable.
Opera - Quick and loads pages with stable scrolling, but randomly exits alot and has some problems with flash.

Opera Mobile Labs 12 is like Opera without the exits and flash issues and the addition of desktop extensions like ghostery, noscript, etc. For ages I've been asking, why can't Android have a single browser that doesn't suck in one way or another, so far it looks like my prayers have been answered. I'm mostly surprised it's a beta build. Let me know what you think.

Sweet Heard about this on AndroidPolice.com. Gonna try it out Thanks

ickk

Nov 8, 2011
Tampa, FL
Does seem to be "snappier", thanks for the heads up

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA Premium HD app

With opera I've noticed the loading bar moves a little slower, but the pages load fully. Compared to boat, the loading bar moves fast, but only the banner displays after the page loads and then there's some lag time waiting for the rest of the page to load.

K999rrl

Jan 23, 2012
flash performance is a the best out there!
but scrolling still feels like 15 frps and a lot of the web pages do not fit the screen width... otherwise great improvement!!

mibo666

Sep 19, 2010
This opera isnt smooth - ics browser plus and dolphin hd are much better then opera lab.

Keion

Nov 6, 2011
Danville, California
This opera isnt smooth - ics browser plus and dolphin hd are much better then opera lab.

Lolwut have you been smoking I know its weed day but still. No, I'm just kidding but I didn't experience any lag with this opera and I'm normally underclocked to around 800 MHz quadcore.

Sent from my tf9001 with XDA XD.

yumms

Dec 13, 2010
Scrolling in this version is still choppy. In fact its the laggiest browser on TP.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Chrome - BUGGY