Dropped my galaxy s3 screen cracked what are my options?

Search This thread

karkid

Dec 9, 2008
Jumping out my truck in a rush with s3 in hand it slipped and fell flat on the screen. Screen cracked right in the middle all the way through ... Is my only option to buy a new phone :( :(

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 46,954
  • photo(1).jpg
    photo(1).jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 54,866
Last edited:

Baldilocks

May 31, 2010
Dover, DE
Or, you could probably still get $400 for it on eBay. (If you're not the type who attempts to repair things on your own...)

Tricky103

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Exeter, UK
www.appliancecare.tv
Man I feel for you. I dropped my phone yesterday, it landed on it's face and has marks on the screen. The first thing I done was phone my insurance company and swap the details from my old s2 to this one .. I know I will do it again .

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

ddurandSGS3

Jun 12, 2012
you didnt mention if the sreen was funtional, is it?

id just keep it if it was still functiional. it looks weird when off but barely noticeable in the pics.

just another opinion. of course if its non functioning that option isnt there lol

Baldilocks

May 31, 2010
Dover, DE
I got a Squaretrade warranty for mine -- $69 for a year and covers accidental damage. (Doesn't cover loss or theft though...). They also charge a 99 dollar deductible, but that's still better than the almost $700 I paid for it to begin with.

Reactions: laneyofdeath

ricerx

Dec 11, 2010
Dallas
looks like i'll be buying a case for mine seeing all these posts about screen breakage. but until I find the right case, at least i have 90 days of lost & damage protection from Amex! :)

Reactions: kazmilahore

Nece228

Jan 21, 2011
Jumping out my truck in a rush with s3 in hand it slipped and fell flat on the screen. Screen cracked right in the middle all the way through ... Is my only option to buy a new phone :( :(

Yes, sell that crap phone and buy htc one x, which is much more durable

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA

the2rrell

Jun 27, 2011
Screen damage is not the end of the world.......i have been looking at tear downs for the SGS3 and they are pretty basic, even replacing the screen ( which will prob end up costing where abouts of 249 dollars) but that over trashing a new device. i have dropped my sgs3 3 times in the last week and the silver bumper looks Hella Ratty, but my screen is perfect.

i am going to buy a replacement screen as the housing and the screen are joined together, or else i would really need to do some heat gun and gental pulling of the screen to get it out of the housing. but its not hard yall.

if your screen is cracked and you dont have warranty, maybe a screen is the way to go. all you need is small screw driver and a flat metal/plastic peice to pull of the board connections.

joeyzadoe

Feb 24, 2007
Samsung used the Gorilla Glass for SGS2. But for SGS3, they used the Gorilla Glass 2 which is much thinner than on SGS2 that's why it's easily breaks. For me, I will stay on my SGS2.

are you serious? with gorilla glass or gorilla glass 2, theres always the risk of cracking the screen when it falls on a hard surface. you cant be serious that thats the reason why your sticking with your s2 :rolleyes:

Reactions: wackyD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here are a few more videos that show the glass replacement procedure from start to finish and actually show you what it looksvlike when the glue separates.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium
    A quick reminder, buying insurance on something after damaging it, then using the insurance to repair it *is* fraud, which is illegal, don't get us in trouble m'kay! :rolleyes:
    Yes, sell that crap phone and buy htc one x, which is much more durable

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA

Posts like these are what starts it all. Do not come in trolling this section.

---Jay--- From the Nexus
    Dropped it face down onto tarmac from waist height, screen was cracked top to bottom but it was still functioning. I went straight to Samsung and got a new screen replaced within an hour, cost me about $120 (Malaysian Ringgit 370). Had to keep dusting glass fragments off my ear after each call during that time. The screen protector helped keep the pieces together, I suppose.
    no cases available locally in canada and my case still hasnt arrived yet go figure ... :mad:

Really sad... its really expensive repair. I feel for you but there is no easy way out of this.

You've got a sexy wallpaper out there... mind sharing?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2