Optimus G Commuter

Search This thread

Mryella

Dec 5, 2012
winnipeg
Hey guys,
The moment i've personally been waiting for has finally arrived. A case i feel that is finally worth putting on this beautiful phone.
enjoy, So apparently i'm to knew to post links but its on their website now
Brady

high_council

Sep 13, 2009
Milton, Wi
Hey guys,
The moment i've personally been waiting for has finally arrived. A case i feel that is finally worth putting on this beautiful phone.
enjoy, So apparently i'm to knew to post links but its on their website now
Brady

Finally arrived is right. How long does it take for case manufacturers to get the ball out on the heavier duty cases? This phone has been out for about a month or so and with it being such a high end device it seems that there should at least be some buzz on high end case websites about the development of protective overlays. I'm anxious to see a Trident Kraken, Otterbox Defender, or Ballistic Hard Core on this phone.
Also, are there any other worthy manufacturers that I could consider for quality protection besides these guys?

Mryella

Dec 5, 2012
winnipeg
Mine was delivered yesterday, I've been using otter box for about 4 years now the first was a commuter for my 3gs but the protection wasn't very good on it. Upgraded to the defender and it was much better (broke once and they replaced immediately.) . I then bought a s3 (phone) I was hesitant to put a defender on there because the Damn thing would be the size of a kleenex box haha. So I got the commuter for it instead and the design and overall quality of the materials is much much better than it was 4 years ago. It would easily withstand a drop to concrete. I don't think otterbox has plans to make a defender case as far as the website shows.
I've searched for other companies (ballistic, and lifeproof) and they don't seem to be mentioning anything about the e971 so I'm thinking it's doubtful we'll see much more cases unless it explodes in popularity.

Sent from my LG-E971 using Tapatalk 2

chevro1et

Oct 23, 2012
Busan
OK, case arrived today. CLeaned up my phone and slapped it on. Initial impressions...
- quality materials, fit and finish are high end. Fits the device very well.
- a little bulkier than I had hoped for, but right on par for what I realistically expected. The protective lip around the screen edge of the device is a bit taller/ deeper than I anticipated. Doesn't exactly interfere with using the capacative back/ home/ menu buttons, but I am aware of the case when using them. Definitely adds weight and girth to the device.
- Rubber button covers for the power and volume controls reduce tactile feel of the controls. Even within a few hours, I can tell that the rubber covers on the controls is going to 'break in' and there will be some tactile feel there, but how much is yet to be determined.
- port covers for USB and headphone jack are great. USB port cutout is large enough to accommodate nearly any connector. Headphone jack cutout likely not compatible with L-shaped connectors, however all my earphone connectors are straight.

orellius

Feb 3, 2011
Calgary
Sweet mine should be in the mail today or tomorrow but I'm out of town so it will just sit frozen in the mailbox lol

Sent from my LG-E973 using xda premium

Mryella

Dec 5, 2012
winnipeg
Fantastic case so far all the above stated I agree with however I liked the case being raised along the bezel feels more secure in my hands

Sent from my LG-E971 using Tapatalk 2

BMelz

Aug 10, 2010
I'm usually not "that guy", but if anybody with the case gets a chance, would you mind posting a pic? Thanks a bunch.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: boakun

orellius

Feb 3, 2011
Calgary
Finally got mine. I couldn't be happier. Not too big, feels great on it, awesome fit.

There are pics all over Google and on otterbox website, it looks just like those already online.

Sent from my LG-E973 using xda premium

kc3

Nov 5, 2010
I got mine with an invisishield and it's an awesome mix :)

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda premium

Canvasman

Jan 15, 2013
Is this case your all talking about for the AT&T version? Just wondering because Otterbox site says its for Sprint only. I know one is wider than the other, but is it close enough to fit good?

Mryella

Dec 5, 2012
winnipeg
using e971 and it fits perfect i believe the e971 is the same size as the bell, telus, and sprint phone the at&t is thinner

kc_exactly

Oct 21, 2010
Kansas City, MO
Here is some pictures for those of you who asked. I took a picture with the screen on too. I wanted to show that the case goes right to the edge of the screen. It makes it somewhat difficult to tap the edge but you still can. I am not a photographer. Also, sorry I could get a better screen picture. Us Americans are still waiting for LG to update our phone.

IMG_0951.jpg

IMG_0953.jpg

IMG_0955.jpg

Jay_Bee

Nov 10, 2010
Canada
I picked up the commuter at a cell booth in the local mall, was surprised to find one, this phone is not common around here, 40 bucks even was a great deal for what it is and i couldn't find it any cheaper online.

However I don't like the provided screen protector, top 2 corners are cutout and i'd rather a full cover as I work around a lot of dusty/dirty places, i don't mind if it covers the notification light or front cam.

I like how Otterbox has changed the feel of the silicone/soft piece, i had one on my HTC Desire a long time ago and the amount of pocket fuzz and lint it attracted was crazy so i wasn't interested in them for a long time.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is some pictures for those of you who asked. I took a picture with the screen on too. I wanted to show that the case goes right to the edge of the screen. It makes it somewhat difficult to tap the edge but you still can. I am not a photographer. Also, sorry I could get a better screen picture. Us Americans are still waiting for LG to update our phone.

IMG_0951.jpg

IMG_0953.jpg

IMG_0955.jpg
    For which OG version?

Sent from my LG-E973 using Tapatalk 2
    Korean F180, its the same body as the Sprint LS970.
    I'm usually not "that guy", but if anybody with the case gets a chance, would you mind posting a pic? Thanks a bunch.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    You just made this beautiful phone very ugly with this case

Gesendet von meinem LG-E975 mit Tapatalk HD