[ROM][NIGHTLY] CyanogenMod 7.2-RC3+ for Huawei U8150 (June 11th)

Search This thread

vercetti19

May 24, 2011
Nairobi
@aorth could you please upload the 17th JAN nightly to minus.com :).....mirrorcreator.com is kinda not very convenient if you choose regular download option:confused:

jeremylan

Apr 19, 2011
I love improvements...Thanks

EDIT: arrrrr fist problem with patch. My WIFI isn't working and I've tried various things to see if they help, like scrubbing the cache/java-build-code and tried to flash again, but can't get wifi to work.

I'm in no major hurry.

Try this:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=21620162&postcount=3481

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

CWM 5.0.2.7 works just fine.

It works for me, and I can do backup and restore, but I'm not able to do Advanced Restore any more, I always get 'File not found' even if I do the backup with the recovery itself. Full restore works OK.

Any ideas?

jamie466562

Dec 27, 2011
ADB issue

Hi guys

I find that the adb issue mentioned can be fixed by running the adb daemon as root.

If you are on linux, this can be accomplished like so:

adb kill-server
sudo adb start-server

And then to verify:

adb devices

Note that this has to be done each time the server is stopped ( eg if the pc is restarted), unless you modify the relevant init scripts, which is somewhat outside the scope of this thread.

Hope this helps.

ntnlzr

Mar 9, 2008
Genoa
OnePlus 6T
Google Pixel 7 Pro
hi, i've finally forked you with git, i want help you, i'm newbie in git environment, i've cloned if i want merge with your pending patch there is a command for git or not? P.S. do you have any im?

tnx u aorth anyway :)

GJSmith3rd

May 6, 2008
Chicago
OnePlus 8
Try this:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=21620162&postcount=3481

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

It works for me, and I can do backup and restore, but I'm not able to do Advanced Restore any more, I always get 'File not found' even if I do the backup with the recovery itself. Full restore works OK.

Any ideas?

Same here - no advanced but the latest TB can access and restore from CWM. Edit wpa_supplicant.conf from eth0 to wlan0 or delete the file per aorth and others. I just deleted.

Last edited:

selection16

Jun 24, 2011
somethings i notice the capacitive buttons are not so responsive? anyone else experience this?

My u8150-d has a problem where you can tap the button, get a haptic response, yet no action is performed. Seems to be when you tap it close to the edge. The recent backlighting fix helps a lot, thanks!

LILTRANE

May 2, 2011
a ihave a serious problem. a have a fusionideos rom 2.7.10. and now i want to try this rom. but i cant install it!!!z make everything by instructions but it doesnt help me. i have such error
assert failed getprop(ro.product.device')== u8150|| getprop(ro.biuld.product)===u8150||
then
E:error in '/sdcard/......zip
(status 7)
instalation aborted
ps. i have cwm 5.0.2.7
and i cant install no one rom.only fusion ideos.
what is t means?

trekker99

Jun 14, 2007
Samsung Galaxy S5
Sony Xperia 1
I flashed the Jan 17 nightly, so far so good. One quick question, when I switch on the phone, I see the T-Mobile logo (yup it is a T-Mobile Comet) for a while before the IDEOS logo appears. Is there anyway to remove the T-Mobile logo?

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

a ihave a serious problem. a have a fusionideos rom 2.7.10. and now i want to try this rom. but i cant install it!!!z make everything by instructions but it doesnt help me. i have such error
assert failed getprop(ro.product.device')== u8150|| getprop(ro.biuld.product)===u8150||
then
E:error in '/sdcard/......zip
(status 7)
instalation aborted
ps. i have cwm 5.0.2.7
and i cant install no one rom.only fusion ideos.
what is t means?

Could you at least go back to a stock ROM?

GJSmith3rd

May 6, 2008
Chicago
OnePlus 8
I picked up the T-Mobile logo when I flashed to stock and it remained after flashing CyanogenMod. At least that's what I thought happened. So now I have T-Mobile then Huawei the CyanogenMod boot animation. I like mines like this though. Is the T-Mobile logo part of the latest nightly?

Last edited:

trekker99

Jun 14, 2007
Samsung Galaxy S5
Sony Xperia 1
I picked up the T-Mobile logo when I flashed to stock and it remained after flashing CyanogenMod. At least that's what I thought happened. So now I have T-Mobile then Huawei the CyanogenMod boot animation. I like mines like this though. Is the T-Mobile logo part of the latest nightly?

Interesting... I assumed it was not removed when I flashed the phone as it was the first flash. Perhaps not. I guess aorth can give a definite answer to this.

LILTRANE

May 2, 2011
I flashed the Jan 17 nightly, so far so good. One quick question, when I switch on the phone, I see the T-Mobile logo (yup it is a T-Mobile Comet) for a while before the IDEOS logo appears. Is there anyway to remove the T-Mobile logo?

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

iam at the stock rom now. and install the cwm 5.0.2.7. and nothing change.i have the same error

wbrambley

Need to find a rom that changes the boot loader logo, I.e. Fusion 2.0 you will get a little '2' in the bottom right corner.

Sent from my U8150

veer1238

Jan 13, 2011
Xiaomi Poco F3

Interesting... I assumed it was not removed when I flashed the phone as it was the first flash. Perhaps not. I guess aorth can give a definite answer to this.

The first image- i.e T-mobile is a splash screen- could be easily changed ! Try my thread of splash screens.

The second huawei ideos screen is inside cm7 build.

sent from my U8150 using my thumb!

ntnlzr

Mar 9, 2008
Genoa
OnePlus 6T
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Need to find a rom that changes the boot loader logo, I.e. Fusion 2.0 you will get a little '2' in the bottom right corner.

Sent from my U8150

you have to wipe all your data, put stock rom to sd, power on your device in bootloader (red button+volume down and than press power button), when you're in stock rom do cwm recovery procedure, then flash aorth rom
Sent from my U8150 using XDA App

selection16

Jun 24, 2011
workaround for it could be install sparepart and setup the key with right function

Thanks for the reply but I dont think I explained well enough (can't see anything related in Spare Parts). Every now and then (I couldn't reproduce it just now, but I notice it maybe a couple of times per day) when you tap a capacitive button, it vibrates to let you know you hit the button, ie Home button, but it doesn't go to the home screen. Kind of like really bad lag, except if it was lag, it would perform the action eventually.

A part of the problem may be the alignment of the keys in the software. If you tap Menu directly, no problem. If you tap Home directly, no problem. But there are large dead gaps between all the keys, so tapping just to the left of centre between Menu and Home should give you Menu, instead there is no tap registered and no haptic.

My original point was that sometimes when I hit near those dead spots, I do get haptic feedback but no other response. I've noticed varying degrees of this problem across every CM7 Rom I've tried for this device, several of this one, and several of ERlucky's. Never noticed this on any of the many Froyo ROMs I've used.

I kind of expected switching to CMR5 might fix it, but alas, it didn't help. Dont you guys have this problem?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introduction
    CyanogenMod is an aftermarket firmware for a number of cell phones based on the open-source Android operating system. It offers features not found in the official Android-based firmwares of vendors of these cell phones.

History (standing on the shoulders of giants)
    CyanogenMod has been under development for the U8150 since early 2011. In the beginning marcnvidic started off by getting the Android device tree organized and getting initial builds working. After that tilal6991 made great progress with basic functionality, bugs, etc. I joined initially to learn about the AOSP/CyanogenMod build system, but have helped clean up the device tree, fixing a few bugs, and keeping up with the latest upstream CyanogenMod changes.

Download
    Note: The CyanogenMod build server builds CM7.x releases for the U8150 once a week. I don't have time to update builds manually here anymore. Find CM builds here: http://get.cm/

ROM (June 11, 2012): goo-inside.me / Mediafire (md5: 14fd84e4cdb957c114a4ea52ebd890fd)
    ClockworkMod Recovery (5.0.2.8): goo-inside.me / BayFiles (md5: 1b835fb177a0aab362c226f07158bb59)
    Google Apps : http://goo-inside.me/gapps (use the CyanogenMod 7.2 one)

Installation

- First time flashing CyanogenMod to your Huawei U8150?
    1. Install ClockworkMod recovery (using fastboot is the easiest way).
    2. Boot into recovery using the 3-button combo
    3. Do a backup!
    4. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
    5. Install the ROM from the SD card using ClockworkMod Recovery
    6. Optionally install the Google Addon

- Coming from an earlier CyanogenMod nightly?
    1. Boot into recovery using the 3-button combo
    2. Do a backup!
    3. If coming from a nightly earlier than January June 11, 2012:
      • WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
    4. Install the ROM from the SD card using ClockworkMod Recovery
    5. Optionally install the Google Addon

Source

Known issues*
    • Development tools like adb and DDMS see the device as "????????????" instead of showing the serial number (related to the Wifi MAC issue below)
    • The wifi MAC address is not read from hardware, it is set statically (see here, possible fix).
    • FM Radio (probably won't get fixed)
    • Battery usage slightly worse than stock (terrible in some cases)
    • Overclocking frequencies not as stable as stock or on U8150 kernel (due to the voltages used in the U8160 kernel sources we're using, see arch/arm/mach-msm/acpuclock-7x30.c)

Fixed issues / changes

June 11, 2012
    • Update to latest CyanogenMod 7 source
    • Revert lense unlock space tweak
    • clean up the device tree, remove old settings

May 17, 2012
    • Switch to WPA Supplicant 0_6_x (might fix problems people were having with hidden networks, or something?)
    • New, reworked libaudio + AudioFilter from Adriano Carrata's work on the U8160
    • Add optional headset volume attenuation
    • Fix behavior of the built-in headphones buttons (pause/play/skip track)
    • Allow tethering the VPN interface (ppp)
    • Tweak Rotary unlock bottom margin
    • Tweak Lense unlock bottom offset
    • Update USB mounting code (no change in functionality)
    • Now use libOmxCore from CyanogenMod
    • Now use gralloc.msm7k from CyanogenMod
    • Now use copybit.msm7k from CyanogenMod
    • Reduce size of keyboard by some fraction of an inch (saves some space on an already-scrunched display)
    • Reduce compcache (compressed RAM) to recommended default of 18%
    • Sync with latest CM7 code
    • Clean up old app overlay settings and unused build flags

April 5, 2012
    • Fix for audio distortion (thanks to ac1953's AudioFilter.csv fix)
    • New kernel with several performance and stability enhancements:
      • fs: mount filesystems as 'noatime' by default
      • config: kernel compressed with LZO
      • lib: new CRC32 lib (slice-by-8)
      • iosched: add SIO v0.2
      • staging: backport zram from 3.2
      • lib/checksum.c: optimize do_csum a bit
      • block: limit default readahead size for small devices
    • Updated to latest CM7 source as of April 5th

March 22, 2012
    • Sync with latest CyanogenMod code (7.2.0-RC1)
    • Fix bug with in-call audio being able to go to "0" and essentially mute the remote caller (fix: 13862)
    • Contains the kernel from March 6 Hotfix 1

March 6, 2012
    • Hotfix 1 (kernel fixes see: here)
    • Sync with latest code (close to 7.2-RC1)

ClockworkMod Recovery 5.0.2.8
    February 10, 2012
    • It appears there was a problem with 5.0.2.7 not being able to restore advanced backups (users were seeing a message "No files found."). This is now confirmed to be working properly again.

February 8, 2012
    • Performance: disable scrolling cache (change #12543)
    • Performance: Adjust ELECTRON_BEAM_FRAMES to 8 for "CRT Off" animation to work more acceptably (change #12542)
    • Stability: Disable ICS rotations because of the erratic "green screen" (change #12415)
    • Audio: fix in-call headphone audio breaking after one call (description of bug, change #12541)
    • Latest version of ROM Manager (5.0.0.5)
    • Sync with latest CyanogenMod source

January 30, 2012
    • CRT Off animation works
    • ROM Manager 4.8.1.5
    • Synced with CyanogenMod sources as of January 30th
    • Ice Cream Sandwich animations (must have "All animations" enabled in Display settings)

January 17, 2012
    • Auto brightness
    • Location of "home" soft key

Thanks
    • marcnvidic - initial CM6 port, device tree, etc.
    • tilal6991 - holding the candle for so many months after marcnvidic left, lots of bug fixes, device tree work, etc
    • subpsyke/psyke83 - being a badass, fixing lots of stuff in his Huawei U8160 port which also helped us.
    • CyanogenMod team (koush, defer, turl, et al for helping me when I'm stuck with repo, git, gerrit, etc).
    May 17th nightly

Hey, guys and gals. I've got a pretty big update, so I need you to test and give me feedback. subpsyke made a lot of progress all over the board, so I've spent a few days integrating and testing his changes, and I feel it is now stable enough to release for broader testing.

Download
    ROM (May 17, 2012): goo-inside.me / pepperaudino.com / MediaFire (md5: 9bd2a39d16e5990261b4f0b1865f7c6b)
    ClockworkMod Recovery (5.0.2.8): goo-inside.me / BayFiles (md5: 1b835fb177a0aab362c226f07158bb59)
    Google Apps: http://goo-inside.me/gapps

Changes
    • Switch to WPA Supplicant 0_6_x (might fix problems people were having with hidden networks, or something?)
    • New, reworked libaudio + AudioFilter from Adriano Carrata's work on the U8160
    • Add optional headset volume attenuation
    • Fix behavior of the built-in headphones buttons (pause/play/skip track)
    • Allow tethering the VPN interface (ppp)
    • Tweak Rotary unlock bottom margin
    • Tweak Lense unlock bottom offset
    • Update USB mounting code (no change in functionality)
    • Now use libOmxCore from CyanogenMod
    • Now use gralloc.msm7k from CyanogenMod
    • Now use copybit.msm7k from CyanogenMod
    • Reduce size of keyboard by some fraction of an inch (saves some space on an already-scrunched display)
    • Reduce compcache (compressed RAM) to recommended default of 18%
    • Sync with latest CM7 code
    • Clean up old app overlay settings and unused build flags

Flash
    Flash with ClockworkMod Recovery. A wipe shouldn't be necessary... but PLEASE backup with Nandroid / BackupSMS / Titanium / etc first, just in case I'm wrong. I wiped a million times in the process of testing in the last week so I'm not entirely sure.

Lots of changes, guys! Depending on your feedback I'll push some of these features upstream to CM, so please try to be helpful. :)
    March 6th nightly

I just posted a new nightly for March 6th on the first post. I haven't fixed any new bugs in this release, just synced the latest sources with CyanogenMod upstream. It's up to you if you want to flash. If you're bored, flash it. If you can't be bothered, then skip it.

Download
    ROM (March 6, 2012): goo-inside.me / MediaFire / BayFiles (md5: 5179373c1037a05d200106b28fc77aed)
    Google Apps: http://goo-inside.me/gapps/

There are lots of things I still want to look at (especially in the kernel, such as subpsyke's wireless driver, patches from the mainline kernel, simple IO scheduler, etc...) when I get time. CyanogenMod 7.2 might be released soon but I'll keep posting nightlies with fixes whether we're at 7.2 or 7.9!
    Yes, when flashing a new ROM (or simply upgrading to "the newer one"...) you'll loose ALL the apps, phonebook, SMS, etc etc...

That's why in both cases (new installation or upgrade) it's suggested to do a "nandroid" (a complete backup done within ClockWorkMod Recovery..latest suggested version is 5.0.2.7..), so when you flash or upgrade to the newer ROM you SHOULD be able to do an "advanced restore" and restore only "user data" from the backup you created.

BUT....actually ClockWorkMod 5.0.2.7 has a bug when you attempt to do an "advanced restore"...it says "no file found"..it's a bug that I encountered on my own U8150-D and also read on some posts...

Asking to everyone in the forum: did you met the same bug when attempting an advanced restore with CWM 5.0.2.7?
    If yes, did you managed or found a fix for this bug? (I can remember CWM 5.0.2.6 hadn't the same bug but in some cases gave problems with USB sync...if me not mistake). Shall I downgrade to CWM 5.0.2.6 to make an advanced restore from a restore made with CWM 5.0.2.7 or it'll be better to do a backup of all the apps with Titanium Backup and restore those backup within the new installed ROM? :confused::confused::confused:
    Thanx for any suggestion/idea.

You're absolutely right, ClockworkMod 5.0.2.7 has a problem with advanced restores; 5.0.2.8 fixes it. I've updated the first post with download links. Here's one for now (more later):

ClockworkMod Recovery (5.0.2.8): BayFiles (md5: 1b835fb177a0aab362c226f07158bb59)

Thanks!

edit: another mirror here: goo-inside.me
    April 5th nightly

w00t. Audio issues completely fixed (thanks to U8160 user, ac1953). Also, new kernel with some tweaks, stability enhancements, and updates.

Flash with ClockworkMod Recovery (not UltraJack). No wipe necessary, unless you're coming from a January or older build.

Download
    ROM (April 5, 2012): goo-inside.me (md5: 4becae3c80ee0664828a8368df71eeba)
    Google Apps: http://goo-inside.me/gapps/

Changed / fixed
    • Fix for audio distortion (thanks to ac1953's AudioFilter.csv fix)
    • New kernel with several performance and stability enhancements:
      • fs: mount filesystems as 'noatime' by default
      • config: kernel compressed with LZO
      • lib: new CRC32 lib (slice-by-8)
      • iosched: add SIO v0.2
      • staging: backport zram from 3.2
      • lib/checksum.c: optimize do_csum a bit
      • block: limit default readahead size for small devices
    • Updated to latest CM7 source as of April 5th

If anyone can upload to MediaFire that'd be great. My Internet sucks right now.