(REQ) Long press volume keys to skip tracks

Search This thread
M

mentose457

I tried to do this a few weeks ago. I pulled a lot of hair out trying to get it to work. I noticed that in the RAZR m forum someone made this mod for Ics or an early jelly bean build. I'll try to reverse engineer that mod for or phones tonight.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

fabiobatera

Apr 10, 2011
Juazeiro do Norte - CE
I tried to do this a few weeks ago. I pulled a lot of hair out trying to get it to work. I noticed that in the RAZR m forum someone made this mod for Ics or an early jelly bean build. I'll try to reverse engineer that mod for or phones tonight.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

Also tried several times without success, if something can or vice versa, post it in this topic.
Hug.

M

mentose457

So I was able to decompile the android.policy.odex that @serraxer modified for his mod like this for the razr m (4.1.1). I merged all of the changes he made (the ones i could find that is). I then recompiled and pushed it to my phone. It didnt work... I was able to get past the boot logo to the boot animation but that only lasted a few seconds at which time the screen when blank but was still running.

Ill look at it again this evening. Maybe serraxer could shed some light on how he accomplished it for the razr m.

jfriend33

Oct 7, 2010
Illinois
This would be great. This feature doesn't exist on cm? I remember my galaxy nexus had this and it reminded me of blackberry. So great for when you are driving and need to skip tracks!

I am wondering and this may sound silly. Is this lack of a feature in any way related to wired headset buttons not working? That's a known issue for JB.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

fabiobatera

Apr 10, 2011
Juazeiro do Norte - CE
So I was able to decompile the android.policy.odex that @serraxer modified for his mod like this for the razr m (4.1.1). I merged all of the changes he made (the ones i could find that is). I then recompiled and pushed it to my phone. It didnt work... I was able to get past the boot logo to the boot animation but that only lasted a few seconds at which time the screen when blank but was still running.

Ill look at it again this evening. Maybe serraxer could shed some light on how he accomplished it for the razr m.

Would like to send me the smalis friends so I can have a look too?
Thanks.

M

mentose457

Thank you friend ;)
I'm waiting.
Hug.

HERE you go. This is the decompiled android.policy.odex file from the razr m mod. The file that is def. modified is PhoneWindowManager.smali. In addition there are several other smali files that are added to make the mod work. PhoneWindowManager$VolumeLongPressF.smali and PhoneWindowManager$VolumeLongPressR.smali. I think that GlobalActions$10.smali is also apart of this mod.

Let me know what you come up with.

fabiobatera

Apr 10, 2011
Juazeiro do Norte - CE
HERE you go. This is the decompiled android.policy.odex file from the razr m mod. The file that is def. modified is PhoneWindowManager.smali. In addition there are several other smali files that are added to make the mod work. PhoneWindowManager$VolumeLongPressF.smali and PhoneWindowManager$VolumeLongPressR.smali. I think that GlobalActions$10.smali is also apart of this mod.

Let me know what you come up with.
download is blocked for the smiles,
you can lvl friends on other servers?
Hug.

Mikegrmn

Aug 24, 2013
Some must. could modify the android.police.jar for the use of music control for volumes ?
OBS. Stock Rom 4.1.2 JB

Thanks.

I only registered to being able to answer here as I'm really thankful for all the information I already got from this forum. So, it's sharing time:
My phone is unlocked and rooted. I Installed the xposed framework and tweakbox. Within tweakbox there's a miscellaneous tab and there you can find a checkbox for volume keys to skip tracks. Regular press changes volume, long press skips tracks.
Maybe this helps some one interested in adding this function. It works great and is especially helpful while driving.

Reactions: chuahcs79

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Some must. could modify the android.police.jar for the use of music control for volumes ?
    OBS. Stock Rom 4.1.2 JB

Thanks.

I only registered to being able to answer here as I'm really thankful for all the information I already got from this forum. So, it's sharing time:
    My phone is unlocked and rooted. I Installed the xposed framework and tweakbox. Within tweakbox there's a miscellaneous tab and there you can find a checkbox for volume keys to skip tracks. Regular press changes volume, long press skips tracks.
    Maybe this helps some one interested in adding this function. It works great and is especially helpful while driving.